Phones
    Blackberry Storm
    Samsung alias2
    Lg Dare
    Carrier
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dogz
    The American roaming network now lets people make calls with un-registered phones for as low as $0.25 cmp. I think that that is an excellent deal for a glove box phone. You can get this low rate with a pre-paid card| $10 = 10 min / $20 = 60 min / $30 = 120 min. All cards last 1 year. I guess its the same old rate if you just pay with a credit card or call collect. ARN's Website
    Last time i checked american roaming was 2.99 to connect to the call and i think 1.99 per min. thats what they said on my expired virgin phone
    matt

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG enV Touch
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr426
    Last time i checked american roaming was 2.99 to connect to the call and i think 1.99 per min. thats what they said on my expired virgin phone
    That's when you use a credit card rather than an ARN PIN.

Anyway, I have been getting a message from Verizon saying that my mobile number is inactive when dialing out. It does not forward to ARN. (Verizon phone)

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roycereece
    That's when you use a credit card rather than an ARN PIN.

Anyway, I have been getting a message from Verizon saying that my mobile number is inactive when dialing out. It does not forward to ARN. (Verizon phone)
    Same thing with cingulat&t even with the NAM programmed to 1234567890. It now goes to an error recording instead of to ARN.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    Same thing with cingulat&t even with the NAM programmed to 1234567890. It now goes to an error recording instead of to ARN.
    ARN's website says it only works with inactive CDMA, TDMA, or analog phones. I'm presuming that means ARN does NOT work with GSM phones? Wouldn't a Cingular/AT&T phone be GSM?
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSI_Nut
    Wouldn't a Cingular/AT&T phone be GSM?
    Remember Cingular and the old AT&T both operated on TDMA/Analog before they introduced GSM. There are millions of those phones out there. Still have two in my car that were last active on Beyond TDMA and went down in March of this year.

How on earth to get them to ARN is "beyond" me. Last I checked they get some stupid recorded Cingular message.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CSI_Nut
    ARN's website says it only works with inactive CDMA, TDMA, or analog phones. I'm presuming that means ARN does NOT work with GSM phones? Wouldn't a Cingular/AT&T phone be GSM?
    cingulat&t operates GSM, IS-136 "TDMA" and analog AMPS. cingular's original GSM PCS/DCS markets never had IS-136 or AMPS (California, Nevada, Washington state, North Carolina, South Carolina and parts of eastern Tennessee.) AT&T Wireless where they were one of the "cellular" carriers originally had IS-136 and AMPS in many markets before they overlaid their systems with GSM 2002'ish. Cingular also had IS-136/AMPS markets (most of their holdings actually) prior to their acquisition of ATTWS.

And apparently it doesn't matter on at&t whether it's inactive nor not ARN does not work any longer. It once did.

Feedback Score
    Hi DogZ and the Group,

Most of the used, CDMA cellular phones with an expired
    phone number are blocked from connecting to ARN. In order
    to receive the familiar, "WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERICAN ROAMING NETWORK.....", I've had to replace the existing number with an unused phone number like, 111-111-1111 and then buy an ARN PIN with a credit card.

Luckily old Verizon phones have a 000000 security code.

Have you noticed this?

Best regards.

Jake51

Phones
    LG WAVE
    LG VX7000
    Nokia 2600
    Carriers
    Alltel
    TracFone (Cingular)
    Feedback Score

Talking

Last night I flashed my MOTO E816 Hollywood (Amp'd w/ no signal) to Alltel. Suddenly had net signal, noticed "roam" and made test call only to get the ARN msg. Went to website and being leery I bought $10 card. made test call and voila.. it worked. Since this is now my 4th active phone I'm happy that no one can call me! I have 2 years before it becomes inactive. If this picks any net/tower when I'm driving where my Alltel shows no sig., I will be elated just to have a phone at my disposal.
    NELLO

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    LG CU400
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind, AMPS is being shut down, in many places today.

Feedback Score

American Roaming Just got better

ARN has just added free 411 to its service. They even offer free call completion to many businesses. Why pay for monthly fee for cell service when you get many calls for free. If you want to call somewhere that they do not allow for fee buy a $10 PIN card that last for a whole year. While this is not for everyone. I keep one of these in my glove box in case my other phone does not work. As a added bonus I can use it to call my freinds in Mexico on their mobiles for $.25/min. This is like 10% of what AT&T charges me to call a mobile in Mexico.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl4662
    ARN has just added free 411 to its service. They even offer free call completion to many businesses. Why pay for monthly fee for cell service when you get many calls for free. If you want to call somewhere that they do not allow for fee buy a $10 PIN card that last for a whole year. While this is not for everyone. I keep one of these in my glove box in case my other phone does not work. As a added bonus I can use it to call my freinds in Mexico on their mobiles for $.25/min. This is like 10% of what AT&T charges me to call a mobile in Mexico.
    Wow not bad. Who do they use for the free 411?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Nice, just tried calling a number on my old E816 - got connected to the ARN and tried out the 411 service. You have to listen a short ad ala Google 411. For free, you really can't beat it. Maybe I'll pick up an ARN PIN and toss this phone in the closet along with the flashlights and first aid kit.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: Galaxy Note 3 and LG F6: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Carriers
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Global: Tru, eKit, Mobal, Vodafone UK
    Feedback Score
    Sucks there is still no GSM equivalent to this...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4