Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: TMO Confirms Closing of Web Access Workarounds

Phones
    Primary: Nokia 5300 XpressMusic / Blackberry 8100 Pearl / T-Mobile MDA
    Backups: Moto SLVR L7 / Nokia 7610
    Retired: Nokia 3595 / N-Gage QD / 6600 / SE T300 / Moto V300 / RAZR V3 / Samsung Q105 / Sidekick II
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

TMO Confirms Closing of Web Access Workarounds

Not that I necessarily thought this topic deserved another thread, but I also didn't want to post this four separate times.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Wow. I guess alot of people will cancel their $5.99 T-MobileWeb plan since it will become useless. Ain't no way in heck will I be adding a $29.99 add-on data plan just to browse the net on my Samsung E730, which only has a WAP browser installed.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Phone
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are they correcting the issue that "all ports are open", or are they correcting the issue that "$5.99 T-MobileWeb can use the proxy (216.155.165.50:8080)"?

I think it should be the former bcos they say "full internet service". I'm in the East Coast and have been able to use the full internet feature with any add-on plans (not even the $5.99 TMW). A few days ago, the service is blocked, but it came back to work this morning. So I think that's what they want to correct.

So..the free internet is really over...tomorrow.

Phones
    V600 SE6446AXXF10F8_1FF TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR reflash shx
    V300 that thinks it's a V600 SE6446AXXF10F8 TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.4FR reflash shx
    V3R (R3443U2_G_0E.C0.17R, GSVV3xxU5TM0INA030, Bootloader: 0A.52
    Carrier
    T-Mobile -SouthEast USA
    Feedback Score

The next thing they'll do is for phones that have WiFI build in is to cripple that... make it so if you don't have "their" internet access plan the WiFI is disabled.

Just a thought... Another profit center for T-mo you know...

Phones
    Nokia Lumia
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Samsung i730, HTC HD2
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    T-Mobile 2 Go Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cawang
    Are they correcting the issue that "all ports are open", or are they correcting the issue that "$5.99 T-MobileWeb can use the proxy (216.155.165.50:8080)"?

I think it should be the former bcos they say "full internet service". I'm in the East Coast and have been able to use the full internet feature with any add-on plans (not even the $5.99 TMW). A few days ago, the service is blocked, but it came back to work this morning. So I think that's what they want to correct.

So..the free internet is really over...tomorrow.
    I don't know- they might have something up their sleeves that hasn't rolled out yet despite the dates on the OP's screen cap. (I'm in Denver- a "phase I" area, so maybe the port closure is all there is. I hope so, but I doubt it!)

Otherwise, why give us four months of free internet just to put things back exactly the way they were in October before they opened everything up?

Whatever they do, I hope it's soon- I just added a Dash to my plan and reupped my contract. I only have a few more days to cancel and skinny out!
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Carrier
    T-Mobile - TIM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16
    Wow. I guess alot of people will cancel their $5.99 T-MobileWeb plan since it will become useless. Ain't no way in heck will I be adding a $29.99 add-on data plan just to browse the net on my Samsung E730, which only has a WAP browser installed.

Phone
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    We need people from "Phase I" area, the area supposed to had been completely "corrected", to report their current result regarding the $5.99 plan.
    Last edited by cawang; 03-01-2007 at 12:08 AM.

Phones
    LG N5
    LG N5
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My wife's 6133 is locked down. Opera will not work. I am in Southern California.

My flashed 6133 will work with v3.1.

Phones
    T-mobile Dash
    T-mobile SDA
    Nokia 6101
    Carrier
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Nice T-mo way to screw your loyal customers.

Phones
    My Touch 4G Slide
    In the past lots of Motos, a Qualcomm and a few Nokias
    Carriers
    T-Mobile -
    Feedback Score
    We need people from "Phase I" area, the area was supposed to had been completely "corrected", to report their current result regarding the $5.99 plan.
    I'm posting this while tethered to my laptop, using the $2.99 plan with the proxy. I was able to connect without the proxie, but no more. Use the proxy and it should still work. I'm just north of Los Angeles.

Phones
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    HTC Touch Pro 2 (Hottness!!) oh yeah!!
    HTC Diamond (SOLD!!)
    Carrier
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Phew, so now the playing field is leveled. No more people cheaping out on the $5.99/mo plan and cheating to get edge internet on their SDA/MDA/DASH. I was getting tired of all the people not owning up and paying $29.99 for edge internet on their Data Devices like they should. I figure if I can pay the extra $29.99 then so should everyone else.
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Phones
    Nokia 6620
    Motorola SLVR L7
    Mitsubishi G310
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am from Alabama & I have $5.99 T-Zone plan.

Until 2 days ago I was able to tether my laptop and use FireFox browser and few other data streams (stock quotes) for 3rd party applications without any proxy settings on laptop.
    Google maps was working fine on my Nokia 6620 without any problems until 2 days ago.

Now I can use FireFox & IE only with T-Mobile proxy settings enabled and my other non-browser applications on laptop can no longer access internet even with proxy settings enabled.
    Google maps on my Nokia 6620 stopped working 2 days ago.

I guess only thing I am now allowed is HTTP port access on phone and on tethered device (with proxy settings enabeled) but they may as well block this in next few days as reported from other areas.

I am probably going to discontinue my T-Mobile service after 5 long years since T-Mobile has only GPRS service in this area but Cingular has EDGE over here and they are rolling in their 3G service this summer.

Rhoniel
    Last edited by rhoniel; 03-01-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Phones
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Novatel MiFi
    Nokia 1100b
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA
    T-Mobile2Go
    Feedback Score
    If TMO is forcing people to use proxy with the $5 t-zone, it is a very right thing. But, if what TMO really wants is to see more subscribers to the $20 or $30 plans, what they'll see is people leaving to Cingular. The math is very simple.

So, for those who were happy with proxy, nothing will change them; for those who are going to spend $20-30, they'll most likely go to Cingular for faster speed etc. TMO cannot get any gain in this game.

Like said above, TMO does not even have Edge in my area and they expect me to give them $30 while I can get Edge from Cingular? Who's stupid, me or TMO's CEO?

The whole game is: when it was close to the holidays, TMO opened all the ports to attract new contractors. Now, the holidays are over and people are locked to 1 or 2 year contracts. Time to lock the ports and force people to pay $20 more. I feel the pain for those who signed a contract and were expecting free data without proxy. When I said these couple months ago, many did not believe me (search the old threads).
    Last edited by Fixup; 03-01-2007 at 12:58 AM.
    Please don't PM me, unless it's a private issue.

Phones
    Nokia Lumia
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Samsung i730, HTC HD2
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    T-Mobile 2 Go Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    We need people from "Phase I" area, the area supposed to had been completely "corrected", to report their current result regarding the $5.99 plan.
    I'm in Denver (Phase I) and everything works on the $5.99 plan on my MDA that worked before the "free internet" frenzy last October/November- POP/IMAP/Push e-mail and browsing via the proxy. If that's the limit of the sky falling, I'm ok with it! ;-)

Java apps don't work, but the WinMo version of Google Maps does.

Phones
    MDA
    Motorola v600
    Nokia 3650
    Carriers
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If TMO is forcing people to use proxy with the $5 t-zone, it is a very right thing.
    Exactly. If I can no longer use Terminal Services Client, or SiriusWM5 (until the author makes it work through the proxy) that's fine with me. My weather will still update, I can browse the web and I will get my email for $4.99. For me, the speeds are too slow to do anything worthwhile. It is still unlimited data for $4.99 (or $5.99 depending on when you signed up) which is cheaper than anyone else as far as I know. As of right now in RI, I am still able to access everything without the proxy, although it has been intermittent the past week or so.
    Last edited by bendog2784; 03-01-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast