Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official LG VX9400 Thread

Device(s)
    blackberry tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Using your own wallpaper is no problem at all. If you want to see for yourself, take a picture using the 320x260 setting. Set the picture as wallpaper and when you flip your screen you will see it display at either "portrait" or "landscape" with no problem.

I have a question though. Anyone notice when texting there are missing characters? Maybe I just don't know how to access them but things like "$" and ")" aren't available.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Ah ... here's the 9400 thread!

The firwmare (which you all have already anyway) and the 9400 DLL is available now, thanks to corys00: www.humpa.com/vzw
    Last edited by Humpa; 05-09-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Device(s)
    BB 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycoonster1234
    Hey im thinking about switching to the LG VX9400. I like LG, they impressed me with my VX8100 (lightyears better than my old nokia 3595 from cingular!). i even sent it thru the washer and killed the outer screen (reason i'm getting a new phone actually) and despite losing the front screen, the phone still surviving alone impressed me greatly. anyways, im a moderate texter and used to the soft buttons being directly under the screen, so how hard was it to move the the VX9400? how long did it take u to get used to it? is it awkward to text on it with the indented keyboard or does it actually make it easier?

thanx in advance.

btw- im not sure if i'd be using the TV feature much...
    i got the 9400 the day it came out. still getting used to it. dont like how when i have to go thru dial menus during the call, its hard to hear unless you align the speaker perfectly to your ear with the swivel out.

im getting either the razr maxx ve or the new blackberry 8300 whne it comes out.

Feedback Score
    the camera on my VX9400 is not able to zoom in/ zoom out.....but the camcorder is able to? same for everyone esle? weird...

Device(s)
    BB 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Fella
    the camera on my VX9400 is not able to zoom in/ zoom out.....but the camcorder is able to? same for everyone esle? weird...
    mine zooms. i actually like the camera on this phone, its great.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70...0418071548.jpg

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Fella
    the zoom is dependant on the resolution.
    You can zoom in to the max resolution. So, if you have your cam set to 640x480, you can zoom in to the 1600x1200 (or 1280x1024 - whatever the 9400 can do - I forget off hand).
    You know what I mean? If you take a full res shot and then cut a 640x480 chunk out of it, that is exactly the same thing as taking a 640x480 pic and zooming all the way in.

That is why you can always zoom in on the video cam, since it is only 320x240 max resolution.
    If your cam is set to max resolution, there is nothing to zoom in to.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesflames
    Using your own wallpaper is no problem at all. If you want to see for yourself, take a picture using the 320x260 setting. Set the picture as wallpaper and when you flip your screen you will see it display at either "portrait" or "landscape" with no problem.

I have a question though. Anyone notice when texting there are missing characters? Maybe I just don't know how to access them but things like "$" and ")" aren't available.
    those are available via SYMBOLS when you change input modes
    -------------------------
    Woot Woot!
    Air Force
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

First Sticky: 2/23/07 Samsung Forum

^^PREMIUM HOFO SUPPORTER^^
    -------------------------

Device(s)
    VOYAGER (CURRENT)
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to change the setting on the phone. So that you can get on the web, get it now with the swivel closed?

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not that I know of, unless someone does a hack for it to allow that.

Device(s)
    LG VX9400
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (Sadly)
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone having issues with the phone turning off constantly? I never seen it turn off or not know what does it, but many times so far ill go to check the phone, and nothing will happen, then ill press the power button and it will restart. This is with a full battery? Is it a defective phone, or something thats known about?

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Might be defective. I havent heard many people having *that* problem. Most I hear seem to be bad swivels or something related to it physically.

Device(s)
    LG VX9400
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (Sadly)
    Feedback Score
    Also, i see that this phone has a few more bluetooth profiles. Two questions, what version, is it 1.2, the faster bluetooth? Also, how the heck do you send files over bluetooth since file transfer is one of the options???

Feedback Score
    ??????????

basically, i want to pick up a 4gb memory card for my LG 9400, but will this work in the 9400??? it only lists cameras and camcorders as being compatible so thats why im not sure if it will work in the 9400???

LINK:

http://www.dz-tech.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=467

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbvr6
    Also, i see that this phone has a few more bluetooth profiles. Two questions, what version, is it 1.2, the faster bluetooth? Also, how the heck do you send files over bluetooth since file transfer is one of the options???
    I thought 1.2, but HW rev. says 1.1. And the file transfer is blocked from sending or recieving files from other phones. But you can transfer to computer.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i have a couple questions about this phone because I dont like the 8600 because of the camera and speaker phone, i like the 8700 but it doesnt have a flash and you cant read text messages from the outer screen, so I bought the motorola maxx and hate it, its slow, it doesnt send text messages half the time and it has the verizon ui on it.

So does the 9400 allow you to read messages with out swiveling the screen, is the camera better than the 8600, how does the mp3 player sound?

I wouldnt mind the motorola maxx if i could get a different user interface, if anyone can suggest anything on that it would be great. The LG Shine is the best phone as far as what i want but its not sold in cdma yet from what ive seen just GSM

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast