Thread: Need Help! Divorce and on Family Plan, How can i cancel?

Feedback Score

Need Help! Divorce and on Family Plan, How can i cancel?

Hello all. Ok i am in REAL need of some help here.

Me and My wife are going thru a divorce. I have a contract and have 2 other lines on my line FAMILY PLAN one being her other being her daughter ( not my daughter )

Anyways, she is not paying me her part of the bill or anything and i am getting screwed big time. She is texting and using both phones and i cannot afford to pay these bills, plus i refuse to have to pay for her phone use.

Is there any way in the world i can cancel these 2 lines? and not pay 250.00 a line to cancel? I dont have a lawyer cause i do not make much money and we are filling divorce areself thru the courts.

What if anything can i do to remove these two lines?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymaf77

Me and My wife are going thru a divorce. I have a contract and have 2 other lines on my line FAMILY PLAN one being her other being her daughter ( not my daughter )

Anyways, she is not paying me her part of the bill or anything and i am getting screwed big time. She is texting and using both phones and i cannot afford to pay these bills, plus i refuse to have to pay for her phone use.

Is there any way in the world i can cancel these 2 lines? and not pay 250.00 a line to cancel? I dont have a lawyer cause i do not make much money and we are filling divorce areself thru the courts.

You can have Customer Service turn off messaging but you cannot do anything about the use of voice as long as the lines are shared. You can get the other two numbers changed for a fee which would cut the other users off. You have to make sure that you have a security code for your account to keep them from cutting you off.

You have to weigh whether paying the Early Termination Fee is less than paying for overages until the end of the contract.
    Last edited by efparri; 03-13-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If the phones are in your name, report them lost or stolen. Then put a password on your account so that they can't just go and get another sim card.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

My suggestion is to:

1. call and establish a passcode on your account (or update if you previously had one)

2. Temporarily restrict (not cancel) the mobiles in question

3. When she calls you to turn them back on, suggest a transfer of service to her name

It won't cost you anything to restrict/restore the phones and she would pay to have the phones transferred to her name. Unfortunately, unless you could transfer the mobiles to another person, no getting out of the termination fees.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Phone
    BlackBerry 8310
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's messed up dude, I feel for you. I'd hunt that pile of crap down and give her a whoopin she'd never forget.

Phones
    Motorola Maxx Ve- Probably the best phone I've ever had!
    Droid Eris- Good Riddance
    Droid Bionic- Once again back to moto build quality
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Looking at T-Mobile Prepaid 4G
    Feedback Score
    yeah, no joke, i dont know, maybe you could TRY calling CS. try talking to her and getting her to transfer the phones. def. cancel the Txting though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Phones
    iPhone 3G-S
    Moto v635 back up to my PDA
    Hers: Apple iPhone (back up Nokia 6131)
    Carriers
    AT&T effective: 11/24/07
    VZW: +10 yr customer. Excellent service, but not worth the ~40% premium on voice and data plans!
    Feedback Score

She got the gold mine and I got the shaft

Wowzer, another brother getting the shaft while she gets the gold mine?

Wireless companies don't care about our personal problems just pay up!

Restricting her numbers and adding an account password is your best bet. When she calls screaming at you, just say, "Sorry honey, but Orange cut me off because of excessive charges, but I'd be willing to meet you at the store to sign over those lines..."

I really do feel for you bro!

Feedback Score
    thanks guys for all the help and info i will be calling them today. and may she burn in hell!!!!

Feedback Score
    Is it just your name on the contract?
    I have three family plan phones and I'm the only one who can change anything due to my name being on the contract.

I can call and disable a line or anything I want (and have done so when the 13yr old went crazy one month).

thanks guys for all the help and info i will be calling them today. and may she burn in hell!!!!

Phones
    Motorola Maxx Ve- Probably the best phone I've ever had!
    Droid Eris- Good Riddance
    Droid Bionic- Once again back to moto build quality
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Looking at T-Mobile Prepaid 4G
    Feedback Score
    disable it on her!! it doesnt cost anything to disable a line, you will still pay the monthly access on it tho. see if they can restrict the calls to only other cingular numbers, that way you wont get charged any overages.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyledoo
    see if they can restrict the calls to only other cingular numbers, that way you wont get charged any overages.
    The only restrictions might be to block all Long distance calls but can't prevent the phone from dialing non-Cingular phones. Of course all calls can be blocked completely.

Phones
    BB Storm, BB Bold
    ATT Fuze
    LG ENV2
    Carriers
    ATT
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Best order of business for the OP would be to change the other two numbers, report the phones lost, and put all three lines on a family talk plan where the 3rd line is 9.99. Other than that, he is begging to get the shaft!!!GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Current Phone Selection:
    Sprint: Touch Diamond Pro, LG Muziq, BB Curve;
    ATT: BB Bold, Fuze, Incite, Eternity, Mercury IPhone 3G (white & black), Propel, Epix
    Verizon-BB Storm, LG ENV2
    I am a phonetrick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!