Thread: Can you screen certain phone numbers? (go straight to voicemail)

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    LG VX9900 EnV
    LG vx6000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Can you screen certain phone numbers? (go straight to voicemail)

Is there a way to get certain people in your phonebook to go straight to voicemail if they call? I dont want to turn the phone off.

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    BB Pearl,Samsung FlipShot, Juke, SCH-U620
    LG enV, enV2, LG Chocolate, Motorola E815 & V710
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtio
    Is there a way to get certain people in your phonebook to go straight to voicemail if they call? I dont want to turn the phone off.
    Give them a silent ringtone so you won't be bothered when they called. That's about all you can do.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    LG VX9900 EnV
    LG vx6000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Give them a silent ringtone so you won't be bothered when they called. That's about all you can do.
    how about all my calls, can I make it so they all go straight to voicemail or would I just have to turn the phone off?

Phones
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    how about all my calls, can I make it so they all go straight to voicemail or would I just have to turn the phone off?
    You have to turn your phone off. Or you can forward your number to a voicemail service. Or you can put your phone on silent, and your calls will go to voicemail (though the caller will hear 10 rings).

Phones
    VX 9400
    VX 8100
    VX 6000
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you want to keep your phone on but not recieve calls or texts just goto
    >Settings and Tools
    >System Settings
    >Standalone Mode
    >then turn on
    Now u can still use your phone but all calls will go straight to your voice mail..
    Verizon Sucks

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by x8mk8x
    If you want to keep your phone on but not recieve calls or texts just goto
    >Settings and Tools
    >System Settings
    >Standalone Mode
    >then turn on
    Now u can still use your phone but all calls will go straight to your voice mail..
    I figured he'd want to be able to make calls, check voicemail, see if there was any new voicemail, etc ... so I didn't mention that.

Ok, the real reason is that I forgot.

But in Standalone, you will have zero communication with the towers - so your phone won't be able to do much of anything (you could play music and videos, of course).

Feedback Score
    DD punched in some keys on the phone and hit send. Now all calss go to voicemail directly... I just get a missed call alert.

Anyone knows how to get out of it ????

I have a verizon A930

Phones
    Carriers
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B K R
    DD punched in some keys on the phone and hit send. Now all calss go to voicemail directly... I just get a missed call alert.

Anyone knows how to get out of it ????

I have a verizon A930
    Try *73 send
    Also make sure you have a ringtone selected?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Try *73 send
    Also make sure you have a ringtone selected?
    Thanks for the update,

After posting this I had done *73 and it seemed to be working....

And I think they way to send all calls direct to voicemail is by dialling *72 without any number.

Can anyone try this and confirm if it works on their VZW phone or not....

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    bkr, that is correct.
    jtio, I just press the volume key on mine. it ends the call and sends it to voicemail. I also ,if Im wearing it, will hold the connect button o my 8010 earpiece for a second and it sends straight to vm that way too
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    bkr, that is correct.
    jtio, I just press the volume key on mine. it ends the call and sends it to voicemail. I also ,if Im wearing it, will hold the connect button o my 8010 earpiece for a second and it sends straight to vm that way too
    Are there actually recent/current flip phones that still allow you to send a call directly to voicemail right away through the use of some external keys?

Phone
    Samsung SCH-i760
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B K R
    Thanks for the update,

After posting this I had done *73 and it seemed to be working....

And I think they way to send all calls direct to voicemail is by dialling *72 without any number.

Can anyone try this and confirm if it works on their VZW phone or not....
    Does call forwarding work on advanced devices (PDAs)? I heard calling feature work differently on these.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    VX9700 (Dare), VX9900 (enV), VX8100, VX6000, QCP-2035a
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    On my LG phones, there are two options "silent" and "ignore"...silent makes it quiet but still rings on their end; ignore sends them to voicemail.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8320 Curve
    VX8500
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes. You can switch your voicemail from Verizon to YouMail:

http://login.youmail.com/youmail/corp/index.html

You can set up different greetings based on the caller's phone number or block them completely. If you get a voice mail message, they will send you a text message. Be careful, Verizon will CHARGE you for the text message. They also send you an email if you like. The best part is you can upload your greetings in WAV format, and you can download your voice mail in WAV format. The service has been free so far and more reliable than Verizon.

With Verizon, I sometimes don't find out I have a voice message until hours later. The text message comes through immediately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon8RFC
    On my LG phones, there are two options "silent" and "ignore"...silent makes it quiet but still rings on their end; ignore sends them to voicemail.
    Those options exist on flip phones as well when they are opened, but I think this was more in relation to flip phones when they are closed, using only their external controls (it used to be that it was possible to ignore the call with one press of a button, and send directly voicemail with another, but since some time ago it was changed that only the ignore functionality remained).