Thread: lg vx8300 hidden menu glossary?

Phone
    lg vx8300
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

lg vx8300 hidden menu glossary?

Now I know theres alot of talk about the secret menu, and I have used it. Could someone explain what; digital only hybrid, digital only non hybrid, hdr only, 1X I believe shuts down EVDO which I like, but I wondered what the other selections are? Anything to save battery power helps!

Phones
    LG vx8500 (Choco)
    LG vx9800 (Candybar)
    Samsung N330
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    how did you get into the menu, I have been in it also. but have for gotten how to get into it.
    water.kc:
    Stupid hurts!

Phones
    Galaxy Note 4
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    waterkc,

U have to press ok to get into the main menu then press 0(zero), the code is six 0(zeros)

Phones
    XV6800
    VX8600 (backup)
    VX8000 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gkvegter
    Now I know theres alot of talk about the secret menu, and I have used it. Could someone explain what; digital only hybrid, digital only non hybrid, hdr only, 1X I believe shuts down EVDO which I like, but I wondered what the other selections are? Anything to save battery power helps!
    Digital Only Hybrid utilizes both 1X and EVDO signals

Digital Only Non Hybrid is EVDO only

HDR is EVDO only

1X Only is just that, 1X only

If you want to save battery power, set the phone to use either EVDO or 1X (not both). 1X will save the most battery power, though results will probably not be noticeable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznuts2
    If you want to save battery power, set the phone to use either EVDO or 1X (not both). 1X will save the most battery power, though results will probably not be noticeable.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1139725

Phones
    LG vx8500 (Choco)
    LG vx9800 (Candybar)
    Samsung N330
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well Gents thanks for all the replys. I was wondering if there is a manual that explains what all the sub menus are in the Secret Menu? i.e. what they do etc.

Phone
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No, there is not. We aren't supposed to be in that menu in the first place so it's not publicly documented. I'm sure their are documents out there for technicians and engineers but not for us.

Phones
    XV6800
    VX8600 (backup)
    VX8000 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by waterkc
    Well Gents thanks for all the replys. I was wondering if there is a manual that explains what all the sub menus are in the Secret Menu? i.e. what they do etc.
    There really isnt much in there for end users to actually use. Most of it is for setting the phone to correctly work on the network it is intended for and for testing the phones functions. Only a few things can actually be used by the end user to "enhance" the phone's features, and most of those things can already be found within these forums.