Thread: Change Caller ID name??

Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Change Caller ID name??

I just got a Motorola C139 from TracFone as an emergency/backup phone for the house. But when I call my home phone the Caller ID still shows the previous person's name when I call out from the TracFone. I sent an email to TracFone and got this response:

Thank you for your interest in TracFone Wireless. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry. We at TracFone Wireless would like to apologize for
    any misinformation you were provided.

Unfortunately, if your name does not appear on the Caller ID of the
    number you are calling we are not able to fix this issue.
    If these lines had a previous owner and they are in his/her name, we are
    currently not able to change this information.
    Aren't they required by law to have a database of the actual names/numbers to keep track of for the authorities if needed?

I know my TracFone uses the Cingular Network locally as I sent a test message to mycellnumber (at) cingularme.com and it came right in less than a second later. Does anyone know if Cingular could fix this problem?

Thanks in Advance

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Tracfones no longer have the option to send Caller ID by name, I do not think they ever have. They send under the name Tracfone Wireless. If a person's name is showing up, change the phone number -- it was a Cingular number before where they do send names -- they did not update before reselling the number to Tracfone.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    To answer your other question --
    No, they are not required to keep a database of owners. I have several unregistered Tracfones, as long as you do not call them about the phone or give that info on the net when activating, they do not keep a record.