Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Aliph Jawbone Photo-Review + a bit of functionality thrown in

Feedback Score
    silicone must work for the competition!

Feedback Score
    Did I miss the pictures of what it actually looks like on someone who is wearing this appendage?
    Selling vintage Apple iBook G3, classic styling for $85 with power adapter

Previous feedback system: HowEver

Phones
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    ▬ JAWBONE I [Sold the II, & the Prime :(], Icon, Blueant Q1, H680, H12
    Carrier
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HowEver
    Did I miss the pictures of what it actually looks like on someone who is wearing this appendage?
    Here is Himself volunteering some photoshoot pics

300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

For Sale: Crazy Sexy Cool 416-888's or 613 #'s
    WTT: My BNIB Note 2 for an Ipad Mini or 4
    Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review

Feedback Score
    I corrected your entry:

Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea
    Here is Himself volunteering some photoshop pics
    Nice headset... I don't see what the fuss is about. Of course, it helps to photograph the heck out of it. Great picture.

Phones
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

I corrected your entry:

Nice headset... I don't see what the fuss is about. Of course, it helps to photograph the heck out of it. Great picture.
    While I'm trying NOT to take it personally that you don't think esthetics ALONE of the unit is awesome , you really just need to be on the other end of the convo when someone is using it while doing anything Noise-worthy-to appreciate JUST how awesome it is.

Feedback Score
    Let's also hope (as off topic as this is) that the content of the conversation is as good as the reception and delivery of signal.

Now that would be beautiful.

While I'm trying NOT to take it personally that you don't think esthetics ALONE of the unit is awesome , you really just need to be on the other end of the convo when someone is using it while doing anything Noise-worthy-to appreciate JUST how awesome it is.

Phones
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Let's also hope (as off topic as this is) that the content of the conversation is as good as the reception and delivery of signal.

Now that would be beautiful.

Phones
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So I get on the highway after having ensured my headset has a full charge. I call my buddy up and he's of course on HIS jawbone. I'm chattin' away with him-thinking that he's at home. I then ask him where he is and he tells me he's on the highway . I'm thinking Bloody Hell!!! IT'S SO QUIET. He shuts off Noise Reduction., and I'm IMMEDIATELY OVERWHELMED by WHITE NOISE, and it is JUST HORRIBLE. I'm BEGGING him to turn it back on.

I do a straight comparison with my recently bought (because it seems like these days I'm swimming in money ) spontaneously, and boy does it ever receive complaints from buddy. I call him back with MY jawbone...and proceed to reciprocally go through the tests.

BLOODY HELL. It's so gorgeous. NOW, it isn't PERFECT 100%...there still is a 5~8% issue with quality...but PEOPLE...it's still STELLAR.

There is something nifty...even AI-like that i'm experiencing-but this is probably more to do with my D807 (Sammy) than the headset (JB). Let's say I'm going into the mall quickly and don't need the headset (yes I know, crucify me (ouch...no disrespect to the Holy Day today ), I leave it in the car, and walk away to the mall. I'm not even CLOSE to being far away from the car, and the phone automatically disconnects therefrom??? Why? I'm lost.

When I come back towards the car, the same distance away it auto-connects to it. Very cool. The AI-like behaviour is that if I'm at work, and I walk away from the phone or vice versa (the headset) equidistant (if not more) than that same point at the mall...it doesn't disconnect. HOW IS THE PHONE/headset knowing that I'm in one circumstance where I NEED to disconnect, and the other where I don't?

Feedback Score
    Just a word of advice to those that are attempting to hack one of those AX2 earsprings onto those little plastic Jawbone locking adapters...don't. In the end, it fits somewhat with a tinge of superglue, but the Jawbone adapter stretches the earspring unnaturally and ends up making the outer edges of the "tail" larger than intended and quite sharp and irritating on the skin. Oh well, another brave piece of technology sacrificed in the name of scientific progress If you slip the earspring on the naked Jawbone plug (that doesn't sound quite right) it will fit, but only loosely. Still, it's the most secure configuration I've experienced yet. Swift lateral motion of my head doesn't phase it. Maybe I'll try some rubber cement for a more secure, yet removable hold.

Phones
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoBell
    ....Oh well, another brave piece of technology sacrificed in the name of scientific progress ........Maybe I'll try some rubber cement for a more secure, yet removable hold.
    Much respect to you my good friend, for your selfless and (some would say, INSANE) endeavours to the destructive end of the Jawbone - "all in the name of scientific progress" - .

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silicone
    WOW.. that thing is butt ugly!! What are you guys smoking?

It's huge and has a grill on it that looks like some bargain basement surplus store should be blowing them out... silver to boot!! sorry guys, but that is NOT sexy!!
    its the "emperors new clothes" syndrome
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Feedback Score
    Much respect to you my good friend, for your selfless and (some would say, INSANE) endeavours to the destructive end of the Jawbone - "all in the name of scientific progress" - .

Just to clarify a bit, No Jawbones were harmed in the making of this experiment, just one of the ear inserts. A little superglue did discolor the Jawbone's plug a little, but I buffed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    its the "emperors new clothes" syndrome
    No, it's having a personal aesthetic that differs from yours. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let live. You know the drill.
    Last edited by PacoBell; 04-08-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Phones
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoBell
    ....... Different strokes for different folks.......... the drill.
    , sucks, all this talk of strokes, and drilling...hehe TOO Much connotation for a Monday morning-Good thing I got my heart's content filled this week-end .
    Last edited by bubble.tea; 04-09-2007 at 07:19 AM.

Phones
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Greetings Folks.

Update:

I serendipitously discovered that Jabra sells this God-Awfully overpriced WIRED headset that comes with AMAZINGLY SIX sets of eargels. Try as I could to speak with a manager at VARIOUS retail outlets that carry these, nobody would let me sneak a pair from the SIX, so I caved and bought the whole Wired contraption pkg for $24.99+tax!!!! yowch!!!

Staples Item #
    Jabra Earboom C150
    Item Number 613369 $29.99
    or
    Jabra Earboom C100
    UPC Serial 55611134675 @ $24.99

Both come with the same translucent PAIRED IE Left & Right sided Sm/Md/Lg eargels
    If anybody can track them down by themself, I'm too lazy to contact Jabra myself, I would appreciate being kept in the loop.

Let me say, as I sat in my vehicle and opened this up to slide one on...that It was as though I had JUST bought the NEXT generation Jawbone. I was utterly BLOWN away.

1. SECURE FEEL
    2. PERFORMANCE UNCHANGED
    3. DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY drilling, modification to the unit, or the gel
    4. very...VERY SHNAZZY

I have only two points of note:

1-I am 25% smaller than a LARGE (no pun intended ), but much larger than the medium eargel which wasn't nearly secure enough to actually test, past the static sitting down and testing phase. Coincidentally so is a buddy who I gave the Left Lg to use on his Jawbone.

I wish the eargels came in a slightly smaller Large. Though perfectly snug, it does 'a weeee bit' get some used to wearing, for prolonged periods, as it does tend to inundate your ear cartilage a bit.

2-the inner diameter of the eargels is just a tad smaller than the diameter of the Jawbone Ear-mount base, as such after half days useage (if not less) it is necessary to re-seat the gel., otherwise it will continue to ease its way down, and potentiall fall off, as it once did in the car when I was using it.

I quickly reseated it, and in fact I can throw my head swivel-fashion from side to side, and it won't move. I couldn't believe how secure it felt.

I never take it off .

Oh, and I can't emphasize how AWESOME the noise reduction is. EVERYTIME I talk to my bro I assume he's at home, only to realize as we're 15mins into the convo that he's on the HWY .

In True bubble.tea fashion., here're some pics for your enjoyment. Yes I've got the hairy earlobe gene . No Teasing.

Phones
    RIM 9000 Rogers
    iPhone 3GS factory unlocked
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Also bought the Jabra C100 to get hold of these ear jel pieces. I use the large one and find it much better than the Jawbone OEM ear hooks.

Now I can carry the Jawbone in my pocket without worrying about it snapping (happened to me 3 times already, as the ear hooks are made of plastic instead of metal).

Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by observer; 04-29-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast