Thread: How Do I Make My Phone Ring Longer???

Feedback Score

How Do I Make My Phone Ring Longer???

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW I 930 AND MY BUDDY TOLD ME THAT YOU GUYS COULD HELP ME DO SOME THINGS ON THE PHONE. I WANT MY PHONE TO RING LONGER BEFORE IT GOES TO VOICE MAIL. CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN WHAT TO DO?????

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, your friend had good intentions, but unfortunately, he is incorrect. Your i930 is with Nextel/Sprint correct? If so, you can call Nextel CS and have them put ringtone extension on your account. I am not sure if this is even still possible post merger with Sprint.

If your phone was a GSM phone, you could enter a code to make the phone ring longer before voicemail picks up.
    Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Phones
    Unlocked Samsung S8000 Jet
    Tmobile Behold
    Tmobile Rokr E8
    Carrier
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    not sure if you can do that with a cdma or iDen phone. Yes with gsm phones, you can simply enter a number in addition to your cell phone number...adjust between 5-30 seconds

Is it true that there is a place in a man's head that if you shoot it, it will blow up??

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You could with Nextel, at one time. I remember doing it. I called CS and asked them to add ringtime extension on my account, and my phone rang longer before voicemail picked up. I am not sure if this is still a valid thing, since the merger with Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Hey Guys Thanks For The Help! Nextel Will Still Do It. If Anyone Else Is Wondering Just Call 611 From Ur Nextel And Tell Them U Want A Ring Time Extention On Ur Account, Its Free For Them To Put It On And It Makes Ur Phone Ring 30 Seconds Longer!

Thanks Again To Those Who Helped!!!!

Jimmy

Phones
    iPhone 4s
    Razr (retired)
    Carrier
    AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    Am sure the people who have to suffer through your "cool" ringtones will be ecstatic.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well you went from typing in ALL CAPS (huge no-no), to Capitalizing Every Word (pretty annoying). I suppose that's progress.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So that answers that question. It still works. Glad to see that you got what you needed.

Phone
    Iphone 3GS 32gb
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    Well, your friend had good intentions, but unfortunately, he is incorrect. Your i930 is with Nextel/Sprint correct? If so, you can call Nextel CS and have them put ringtone extension on your account. I am not sure if this is even still possible post merger with Sprint.

If your phone was a GSM phone, you could enter a code to make the phone ring longer before voicemail picks up.
    What is the code and how do you set up the code on a Motorola V3 or V3xx phone. My mother has to find the phone in her purse when I am calling her Then she always tell's me that I hung up before she could answer the phone. Thanks for any information on this that you can share!!!

Phones
    z10
    Torch 9800
    Bold 9000
    Carrier
    at&t / cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucajun
    What is the code and how do you set up the code on a Motorola V3 or V3xx phone. My mother has to find the phone in her purse when I am calling her Then she always tell's me that I hung up before she could answer the phone. Thanks for any information on this that you can share!!!
    where XXXXXXXXXX is the ten-digit voicemail system number for your area and
    tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. Valid numbers for
    tt are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. Since each ring is approx. 5 seconds
    including the blank space between them, that means 30 seconds should give
    you about 6 rings and that's the maximum you can do.

For instance, to set the ring delay for the your market you would
    dial:

*61*+1XXXXXXXXXX*11*tt#

After pressing the "send/call" button you should get some sort of
    confirmation message.

Note: If you don't know what the voicemail system number for your area is,
    dial *#61# on your phone.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucajun
    This is the code that I have. It is tested on Cingular, and works fine for me and my wife. You will need to know your mom's voicemail number, the number her phone dials to get to her voicemail. It may be the same as yours.

Enter *61*+local voicemail number with area code*11 (for phone calls only)*time in seconds you want it to ring (5 second increments not to exceed 30 seconds)# so it looks like this
    *61*+12345678910*11*25# SEND. You will get a confirmation after that.

That code will make the phone ring for 25 seconds before it goes to voicemail. You can change it at any time, just re-enter the code with a different number, like 20 or 30. To get the +, you usually use the zero key.

Phone
    Iphone 3GS 32gb
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is the code that I have. It is tested on Cingular, and works fine for me and my wife. You will need to know your mom's voicemail number, the number her phone dials to get to her voicemail. It may be the same as yours.

Enter *61*+local voicemail number with area code*11 (for phone calls only)*time in seconds you want it to ring (5 second increments not to exceed 30 seconds)# so it looks like this

That code will make the phone ring for 25 seconds before it goes to voicemail. You can change it at any time, just re-enter the code with a different number, like 20 or 30. To get the +, you usually use the zero key.
    Thanks everyone for the information. It worked like a charm!!! I have learned a lot from reading the forum. Keep up the good work!!!

Phone
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I tried to enable this feature it said not available I am not in my home calling area this weekend is that the problem or is it maybe not available from my provider I am on a cingular tower when I am here?
    I have a company called Edgewireless which is part of cingular and soon to become an official cingular company.
    Thanks

Phone
    BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I just tried this code and it said divert set if no answer does that mean it
    worked even though we are not cingular yet?

Feedback Score

I need to make my LG Viewty ring longer?

How do i make my LG Viewty ring longer??

it's way too short!