Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: K1m Alltel firmware (Moto UI) on L7c works!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score

K1m Alltel firmware (Moto UI) on L7c works!

Data works on the first try... the key as I've mentioned before is re-creating the HA/AAA secrets before turning on the phone after the flash.

VCAST works w/ sound. Mobile Web over EVDO works. Tethering works!!!

More details after 4:30pm EST

Device(s)
    Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    what so you mean. Just a straight flash and it all worked? Hows txt, i hated the stupid error when the txt would really send

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by failurbydesign
    what so you mean. Just a straight flash and it all worked? Hows txt, i hated the stupid error when the txt would really send
    If you're talking about the fact that the receipt is on by default for messages that you receive, that will still be an issue, given it's the same K1m firmware... Just live with it or manually set it off when you reply.

I flashed from the Cricket L7c Monster firmware... it should work going directly from the VZW firmware, however.
    Last edited by luiset83; 04-04-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Krzr K1m - Alltel Flashed
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    If you're talking about the fact that the receipt is on by default for messages that you receive, that will still be an issue, given it's the same K1m firmware... Just live with it or manually set it off when you reply.

I flashed from the Cricket L7c Monster firmware... it should work going directly from the VZW firmware, however.

so flashing a k1m with the L7c firmware should work the same way?

Device(s)
    Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The verizon UI is fine for me with the l7c, no lags what so ever..im fine..great post though!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    The verizon UI is fine for me with the l7c, no lags what so ever..im fine..great post though!
    The speed difference is very noticeable, IMO, even in Mobile Web loading times... everything's so much faster.

pros:
    VZW has locked Bluetooth + MPT for mp3's. Alltel's works just perfectly.
    MP3 player application in brew in Alltel (and native 'Sounds' like E815/V3c/V3m) vs Sync music/VCAST Music
    Can access MicroSD w/o taking it out via USB connection settings on Alltel, no such thing on VZW.
    Completely skinnable on Alltel (vs not on VZW)

cons (like other Alltel f/w's):
    Alltel f/w will have txt msging reply issue (innate to other Alltel f/w's)
    VZ Navigator won't work on Alltel f/w

could go either way:
    VZW has Vibe and Ring, Alltel has Vibe then Ring
    Native Moto UI ringstyles on Alltel (like E815) vs native VZW ringstyle format.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinikal
    so flashing a k1m with the L7c firmware should work the same way?
    I would assume so, although I'm not sure why you'd want to go about this, considering we have the original Verizon and Alltel monsters for the K1m in the first place. I attempted this to regain tethering, which is blocked in the L7c Cricket Moto UI firmware.

Also, there would not be a setting for Answer on/off on flip by default.
    Has anyone mapped this menu seem? I'd like to get rid of it on the Alltel firmware.
    Last edited by luiset83; 04-04-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Krzr K1m - Alltel Flashed
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would assume so, although I'm not sure why you'd want to go about this, considering we have the original Verizon and Alltel monsters for the K1m in the first place. I attempted this to regain tethering, which is blocked in the L7c Cricket Moto UI firmware.
    what do you mean by "tethering"

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinikal
    what do you mean by "tethering"
    Using the phone as a modem to access the internet on my laptop (whether it'd be via Bluetooth DUN profile or via USB cable) This can natively be done in the VZW firmware.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Data works on the first try... the key as I've mentioned before is re-creating the HA/AAA secrets before turning on the phone after the flash.

VCAST works w/ sound. Mobile Web over EVDO works. Tethering works!!!

More details after 4:30pm EST
    wait so after you flashed the phone ,mms and everything just worked, no fixes needed?

Device(s)
    Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "Alltel f/w will have txt msging reply issue (innate to other Alltel f/w's)"

The one thing i f'n hate....but you need to be patients there are work arounds for the mp3 issue...

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

The one thing i f'n hate....but you need to be patients there are work arounds for the mp3 issue...
    maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said but if you have the verizon UI, and then flash to the alltel on the slvr, are there fixes required to get data and mms working etc?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by backdown00
    maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said but if you have the verizon UI, and then flash to the alltel on the slvr, are there fixes required to get data and mms working etc?
    Yes, you have to do your usual backups from the Verizon firmware and then restore them, after you flash. Just follow the Monster2 guide exactly. Nothing changes. http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Monster2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by backdown00
    wait so after you flashed the phone ,mms and everything just worked, no fixes needed?
    See above.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score

Deal I have some news in regards to the new Alltel upgrade (.19) -- Not the Monster... I tried it and I noticed that the MicroSD USB flash drive functionality was still in the options but it would NEVER work. So anyone that's thinking about the upgrade, forget it...

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you have to do your usual backups from the Verizon firmware and then restore them, after you flash. Just follow the Monster2 guide exactly. Nothing changes. http://mark.cdmaforums.com/Monster2.htm

See above.
    damn - i was reading through that guide, seems a little tricky, I relaly wnated the slvr too, the only way I would get it is if I could accomplish this as texting on it is unbearable with lag.

which firmware do you think is better, cricket or alltel?

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Luiset83, quick question I have a buddy who just bought the VZW L7c, he asked me if you have to use the Monster 2 guide or could he follow the Monster 1 guide. Do you think Monster 1 would work also or is it a must to use Moster2?

Reason being is he never has been able to get data working when using Monster 2 but as soon as he used Monster 1 he had no issue (ie on his v3m he had). Don't ask I think he just doesn't do everything in the right order, and I got done arguing with him about it and told him to use Monster 1 and he didn't have an issue.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast