Thread: LG 8300 - In Call State icon?????

Phones
    LG 6100
    Nokia 6230
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

LG 8300 - In Call State icon?????

I just got off the phone after a one-hour (very unsatisfactory) call to tech support and still have no answer to this question. There is an icon showing on my phone, sometimes, with no rhyme or reason and I called to find out what it means. I got no answer - was directed to an icon glossary in Tools and found out that the icon means "In Call State" but I still don't know what that means. I was asked to power down my phone, remove the battery, replace the battery and then power on my phone. Sure enough, the icon was no longer there but THAT IS NOT AN ANSWER, IS IT?

I'm hoping the gurus here know what the icon means and how to get rid of it without the above procedure (which is absolutely not a solution to me!)

Anyone?

Phone
    LG VX9100 (Env2) VX910V07
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In call state means just what it says. Call someone and the icon will be there. Rebooting phones (and yes, sometimes removal of the battery) is an absolutely acceptable way to try and clear undesirable behaviour. Perhaps you should look into flashing the phones firmware or resetting factory defaults as well.