http://rapidshare.com/files/24888043...MONSTER_01.zip

For anybody that's interested.

Thanks to jdoerrr at MotoModders.net

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Shouldn't be any different from the regular Alltel flash...

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by llivinglarge
    Shouldn't be any different from the regular Alltel flash...
    Well, actually, it will be different.

In the e815's case, since it started out with the Moto UI, the upgrade flash doesn't touch the brew directory at all. This means that GIN and Vcast work properly after flashing with no modifications other than the web session. That is the ideal situation rather than using a monster file which would wipe the brew directory and you would not only lose any downloaded content, but would be required to rebuild the directory to some extent to make it function properly.

The value of this monster is yet to be determined but may provide another stable recovery option from a bad flash of one of the other files available.
    And of course, any Alltel user needing to return to a stock configuration would find this very valuable.

More monsters is always a good thing.

kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm curious as to whether this flash also has the wimpy vibrate.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is no reason to assume that it wouldn't have the weaker vibrate like the upgrade flash does.

It's the same version in a monster file form.

The only version known to have fixed that was the VZW 1E.00 upgrade or monster.

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Something to note, this firmware did accept the Bell flash just like the ampd one did.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Soulsby
    Something to note, this firmware did accept the Bell flash just like the ampd one did.
    You were able to flash directly to Bell from Alltel? Everything works? Same process?

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    You were able to flash directly to Bell from Alltel? Everything works? Same process?
    Negative. I was able to go from Alltel to Bell. I then bricked the phone when trying to go from Bell to Verizon. That Bell firmware is cursed! Why can't flashing the E815 be as simple as the V3c and V3m?

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Negative. I was able to go from Alltel to Bell. I then bricked the phone when trying to go from Bell to Verizon. That Bell firmware is cursed! Why can't flashing the E815 be as simple as the V3c and V3m?
    but the flash to bell went smoothly and if you wanted to leave it with bell firmware then it would be ok....right?
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus
    but the flash to bell went smoothly and if you wanted to leave it with bell firmware then it would be ok....right?
    That may have worked, had I not pounded the VZWPR and the Amp'd monsters into the phone unsuccessfully immediately afterward. I sent the phone to Motorola and got a replacement sent to me. Now I'm not willing to let that happen again. I'm probably going to sell the replacement that I recieved, but I have a hard time parting with a new and unused phone, even if the one I have now is better.
    Last edited by Stephen Soulsby; 04-15-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That may have worked, had I not pounded the VZWPR and the Amp'd monsters into the phone unsuccessfully immediately afterward. I sent the phone to Motorola and got a replacement sent to me. Now I'm not willing to let that happen again. I'm probably going to sell the replacement that I recieved, but I have a hard time parting with a new and unused phone, even if the one I have now is better.

i have a spare e815 so i tried and when i flashed the phone to alltel then to bell the phone wouldn't boot up it was stuck in bootloader usb init, so I am trying different options now

Device(s)
    Motorola ROKR Z6 Orange
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Bummer man. Cursed the Bell flash is!

It may be worth mentioning that this was a native Alltel phone.

It's strange enough that I can flash my Alltel phone with the Verizon monster and I get a functional phone with a blank white screen on the inside and a functioning outside screen. But at least it recovers with the Alltel monster (during the flash immediately after the ramloader is sent, my screen comes back). You phone did take the Alltel MONSTER flash properly right?

It leads to the conclusion that these Monster flashes are either incomplete, or there is a hardware difference in some of these carriers versions.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah i had an stock vzw 815 used the alltel flash and it was fully functioning (well i didn't try to activate it) then flashed to bell and MFF said the flash was successfull but it was stuck at the bootloader screen....

Device(s)
    LG VX8350
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    curious, didn't we have people that had native alltel e815s that failed when the bell flash originally surfaced.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah mine is pretty much dead now when using any upgrade the flash application will say successfull but the phone will only go to the moto splash screen then off then back to that screen....etc...

i get a number of different errors the only application that will attempt to flash the EFS now is the flash app in radiocomm and it says flashing efs but i don't think it is actually doing anything b/c when it's done it immediately goes right back to the bootloader screen....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast