Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can you have two T-Mobile SIM cards with same number?

Phones
    pda2k
    T630
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Can you have two T-Mobile SIM cards with same number?

Hello all,

I have been also reading this forum for some time now and let me take this opportunity to thank all the contributers, it certainly is a very informative forum.

My question is regarding SIM cards and T-Mobile in the US. I have 2 cell phones that I am using interchangibly. (P800 and T68), T68 mostly during the weekends when I need a phone that would not take too much space in my jean pocket, etc.

So, I have been swapping my SIM card each time I swapped phones which can get a bit inconvient from time to time as I am sure most of you would agree.

Well, having all that in mind and also knowing that it is possible for some European carries, I called T-Mobile and asked them if they can send me another SIM card. They said that this is not possible.

My question to you guys is:
    1) Does any forum member have 2 SIM cards with same number from T-Mobile US?
    2) Would it be technically possible in the US GSM system to have two cards that are both activated? (i.e., I can always "lose" my current card and get a new one from T-Mobile, but would both be active?)

Many thanks in advance.

Phones
    MG P800 R2F
    AT&T T616
    RUBY RED SIEMENS SL55
    Carriers
    AT&T GSM X2
    :)
    Feedback Score
    this will answer all your questions!!!

NO!

Phone
    Ericsson T39m
    Carrier
    Voicestream
    Feedback Score

Alternative

But you can get one of those family plans where both phones are charged to the same account. It would be 2 different sims, but the billing would all be under one account. The only problem would be being stuck with two incoming phones numbers... You could set it to forward to the phone you're currently using, but that could end up being a pain in the *** as well. Sim switching is still pretty easy in comparison though.
    -C.I.

Phones
    MG P800 R2F
    AT&T T616
    RUBY RED SIEMENS SL55
    Carriers
    AT&T GSM X2
    :)
    Feedback Score

Re: Can you have two T-Mobile SIM cards with same number?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NewYork

2) Would it be technically possible in the US GSM system to have two cards that are both activated? (i.e., I can always "lose" my current card and get a new one from T-Mobile, but would both be active?)

Many thanks in advance.
    [/QUO

whene you lose your sim-card, your service provider cancel that card (the network wont recognise the SC any more) and assign a new simcard to your phone number, this why they call it a sim card (subscriber identity module).

Phones
    pda2k
    T630
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thanks

Guys thanks for the responses. (even though they were not what I was hoping to hear :-) )

Cheers

Phones
    t68i
    p800
    p900
    Carrier
    fet
    Feedback Score

2 sim cards with the same number

sure you can have 2 ( or more ) sim cards w the same number.
    get a " sim doctor " and duplicate your original one. you might be able to copy up to 7 different numbers on one sim ( special card which is included in the package ) you can not however operate both phones w the same number at the same time!
    price for a sim doctor in taiwan around 70 us for soft and hardware.

Feedback Score
    It is possible to have 2 SIM cards with the same phone number. People are correct when they say that you can't log 2 phones at the same time (it's a space/time continuum thing). This doesn't help you since you want to use 2 phones interchangeably. You can however forward calls from one phone to another to make it seem like you have 1 number. If you "lose" your old SIM card and get a replacement, the old one will normally be deactivated since the serial numbers are different for every single card.

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    Treo 650
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Thanks, I thought this was possible

I have the same exact issue as the original poster and would like to duplicate my SIM. Can you point us to a dealer in the U.S. or a website where I can get SIM Doctor?

Phones
    P910i
    S710a
    P800
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I want it too....

I am getting rid of my landline. Hopwever, I have an excellent Siemens Gigaset system that I still want to use. So I intend to use a Nokia 6190 (I know, I know, but it only works with them) and a cloned sim. I will hook the nokia up with a cellsocket and put away. Then when someone calls, all phones in the house will ring. Or you can pick up any phone in the house and make a call.

So, needless to say, I want to get a Sim doctor as well......

Phones
    P910i
    S710a
    P800
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Anyone got anything to add to this?

Before the thread gets forgotten in the archives......

Phones
    BB7290 & Nextlink 5G / HS820 - Bluetooth HF800 Speaker Phone / SE HCB300 Bluetooth System In Benz
    Razr V3 / Weekend - Backup
    Motorola V710 (Wife) / UConnect Bluetooth In Chrysler Pacifica
    Carriers
    T-Mobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok guys this is what I came up with concerning this topic but not sure if it will workmaybe someone out there can let us know if this will work...

http://www.gsmsquare.com/sim-doctor.htm

I would love to be able to use my T68i when I go out on the town and my P800 during the day, work and business trips. I went to Vegas last week and I kept having to switch out the sim every night when I went out at night. The T68i is just easier to through into your pocket. Not a lot of fun..... As the P800 tends to draw a bigger crowd
    Take Everything You Can & Give Nothing Back!!
    Divide & Conquer!!

Phones
    I mate Jam + 5G
    Mpx 220
    Panasonic GD55
    Carriers
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    Newyork
    Yes it is possible to have two sim cards with the same number but not at the same time.
    Using the sim card copier, or "doctor" is possible, I did it , but I had to ordered from europe ( Poland), about 135 dollars. It came with a SIM card that can store up to 8 numbers.
    it takes about 8 hours to decode the info of the card and about few minutews to write into the buck up.
    Now all I have to do, is I keep the back up on my t68i, and the original on the p800, all I have to do is to turn it on, but again I can only use one phone at a time, but it is rather practical to have the 68 when going out , etc.
    try it I dont think you will be dissapointed.
    good luck
    kevin

Phones
    pda2k
    T630
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering if there are any shops around who happen to have these SIM doctors where I could get my SIM cloned for a fee. That would be a lot more convenient than having have to purchase this thing from overseas.

Phones
    I mate Jam + 5G
    Mpx 220
    Panasonic GD55
    Carriers
    T mobile
    Feedback Score
    No that I know.
    You may find someone4 willing to do this, but then you have to send to them your sim, plus to trust them enough there are not going to duplicate it more than once.
    good luck.
    kevin
    I I 1

Phones
    P910i
    S710a
    P800
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I think I might try here soon.

Good point about the concern about sending it out.

I will post here if it works.

I just wish the sim doctor was usb......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast