Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: VX8700 Bluetooth and Bitpim and Cables

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ItAm
    The DLL was posted in the original 8700 thread, I've been using it and it works, as expected.

Once the phone is in DM mode, LGDownload needs to be exited, then I use QPST to access the filesystem. From there I can edit the file system like normal (IE, free WAP, etc).

Unfortunately, it seems to take QPST quite a while longer than usual to be able to access the phone, and this method is an arduous one, but hell, it works.

At this point, Bitpim does not appear to work, but I haven't had much time to experiment.
    ok i just waded through 68 pages of that thread and couldn't find it could you post it again?
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus
    ok i just waded through 68 pages of that thread and couldn't find it could you post it again?
    I'm surprised no one let me know about it. Maybe he was mistaken.

All I could find is this post where someone says that they tried the 8700 dll that someone posted:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...90#post9053590
    And that post is by ItAm - and I searched every page before that post for the phrase "dll" and came up empty.
    Last edited by Humpa; 04-27-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    I'm surprised no one let me know about it. Maybe he was mistaken.

All I could find is this post where someone says that they tried the 8700 dll that someone posted:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...90#post9053590
    And that post is by ItAm - and I searched every page before that post for the phrase "dll" and came up empty.
    Check your PMs. As for the post about LGDownload not being cooperative, I believe it was just a fluke, but I upgraded from v1.3.6.3 to v1.3.9.7 and it worked without any hitches.
    Last edited by ItAm; 04-28-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Check your PMs. As for the post about LGDownload not being cooperative, I believe it was just a fluke, but I upgraded from v1.3.6.3 to v1.3.9.7 and it worked without any hitches.
    Thanks ... I added it to my vzw page.

Is there any discussion of this somewhere? I couldn't even find anyone talking about the 8700 DLL. Also, do you happen to know the version number?

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Is there any discussion of this somewhere? I couldn't even find anyone talking about the 8700 DLL. Also, do you happen to know the version number?
    I haven't seen any other discussions, so I just assumed that everyone had figured out how to access the filesystem on their own.

Which version number are you referring to, exactly?

PS Be advised that the link I provided you will go dead after too many uses, or after a week. That's why I PMed it to you rather than posting it here.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

as of this morning the link isn't working right

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen any other discussions, so I just assumed that everyone had figured out how to access the filesystem on their own.

Which version number are you referring to, exactly?

PS Be advised that the link I provided you will go dead after too many uses, or after a week. That's why I PMed it to you rather than posting it here.
    The DLL's have a version number. Usually it is in the file name - but when you start LG Download and use that DLL, you will see the DLL Version number (that is in the list of things that show on the right).

Why didn't you simply upload the DLL to rapidshare or somesuch? I actually downloaded it first (which I usually do not do), so I'll simply put it on rapidshare and fix that link.

BTW, where did you get it? Are you sure it is a good file? I only ask because I still have seen absolutely no one else mention it.

BTW, I like when you said "I just assumed everyone had figured out how to access the filesystem on their own" ... now that would be a first!

EDIT: ok, uploaded it to rapidshare, fixed the link, and added a link to this thread ... took about 60 seconds.
    Last edited by Humpa; 04-28-2007 at 11:09 AM.

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I didn't upload it to rapidshare because I can never seem to find that damn upload page.

As far as it being legitimate, I would venture to guess that it is. It has given me no problems. It was posted by someone here, at some point... I honestly don't remember who, or where their post/link went.

Edit: OK, for the record, here is a link that has the VX8700's firmware and DLL (in the form of an installer). This is not where I got my dll from, but it appears to be legitimate.

Link to post: http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=338

Direct link to DLL/firmware (V01): http://d.turboupload.com/d/1685687/v...VZV01.zip.html
    Last edited by ItAm; 04-28-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    I didn't upload it to rapidshare because I can never seem to find that damn upload page.

As far as it being legitimate, I would venture to guess that it is. It has given me no problems. It was posted by someone here, at some point... I honestly don't remember who, or where their post/link went.

Edit: OK, for the record, here is a link that has the VX8700's firmware and DLL (in the form of an installer). This is not where I got my dll from, but it appears to be legitimate.

Link to post: http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=338

Direct link to DLL/firmware (V01): http://d.turboupload.com/d/1685687/v...VZV01.zip.html
    Excellent .. thanks. I'll add that to my link.

BTW, it is www.rapidshare.com (that is the upload page) ... though lots of people don't like rapidshare and prefer turboupload or whatever. Personally I don't care as long as I can download the file I need.

Device(s)
    LG VX9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, I just went to rapidshare.de. Oh well.

Anyway, looking at the DLL version (right click, properties), it is 0.1.32.0.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Oh, I just went to rapidshare.de. Oh well.

Anyway, looking at the DLL version (right click, properties), it is 0.1.32.0.
    yeah, rapidshare.de confused me, so i just went to the .com ... lol

Thanks for the verison number

Device(s)
    vx8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    sorry to be coming in the middle of all of this but what is this firmware upgrade (V01) addressing? And the million dollar question....... when will we be able to get past the locked directories so we can gain access to sync phonebooks, ring tones , etc.

Device(s)
    LG VX8700
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    Humpa & ItAm,
    thanks for all the help so far!

one more question...
    After using LGDownload+DLL to put the phone in NV Edit mode, i want to use QPST to throw some MP3s into my music. I think this is possible, but don't see where on the filesystem i would put them. I'm using the QPST EFS Explorer. Is this the right tool? do you know which folder i should be looking for (i expected to see my_music or something along those lines).

btw humpa, great site with all the firmwares and dll's.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hottubjohnny
    Humpa & ItAm,
    thanks for all the help so far!

one more question...
    After using LGDownload+DLL to put the phone in NV Edit mode, i want to use QPST to throw some MP3s into my music. I think this is possible, but don't see where on the filesystem i would put them. I'm using the QPST EFS Explorer. Is this the right tool? do you know which folder i should be looking for (i expected to see my_music or something along those lines).

btw humpa, great site with all the firmwares and dll's.
    on the 9900 and 8500 they go in the mr folder (mr for MyRingtones): brew\16452\lk\mr

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icespice
    sorry to be coming in the middle of all of this but what is this firmware upgrade (V01) addressing? And the million dollar question....... when will we be able to get past the locked directories so we can gain access to sync phonebooks, ring tones , etc.
    Using Lg Download, put the phone in NV Edit mode, and then use BitPim - hottubjohnny posted that right after you posted.

For putting LG Downloadin NV Edid mode (DM mode), use this guide:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=981424

And for installing the DLL, use this guide:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=981424

EDIT: You asked what the V01 firmware does. What firmware do you have? Doesn't everyone have V01?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast