Thread: How to deactivate a phone

Phones
    Nokia 2865i
    Nokia 6030
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

How to deactivate a phone

I currently have MetroPCS but moving to Cingular, I want to know how to de-activate the phone so I can sell it to on craigslist legitimately to a person. I have had metropcs for almost a month.

Thanks.

Phones
    motorola ic902
    motorola q (wifes)
    motorola razr v3m
    Carriers
    nextel
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    its all prepay service so as long as the phone isnt reported lost or stolen it can be reactivated even if u just let the month run up. you can never owe a bill on it so like i said as long as its not reported lost or stolen they dont blacklist esns.you can also just call them and cancel service to if you want to either way its safe to sell to someone else on craigslist or ebay.

Phones
    Motorola V323i (Meteo PCS)
    SE Z525a (Cingular)
    Carriers
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    you WILL have to call them and request cancellation or the buyer won't be able to reactivate it for 90 days after the initial activation. Found this out when I sold my last metro phone on Ebay and the buyer couldn't activate it until I called Metro and cancel the account. I did that (with the buyer on a 3-way call) and Metro said he still had to wait 24 hours for the ESN to be released.

Phones
    motorola ic902
    motorola q (wifes)
    motorola razr v3m
    Carriers
    nextel
    metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MedOneEMS
    you WILL have to call them and request cancellation or the buyer won't be able to reactivate it for 90 days after the initial activation. Found this out when I sold my last metro phone on Ebay and the buyer couldn't activate it until I called Metro and cancel the account. I did that (with the buyer on a 3-way call) and Metro said he still had to wait 24 hours for the ESN to be released.
    yea your right i forgot metro keeps your account "active" for 90 days sorry for the mistake

Phone
    Samsung SCH-A870
    Carrier
    Metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung SCH-A870: SCH-A870 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

To deactivate a phone you have to call *99 and say the option that you want
    ..... These are the cool ones

Phone
    Motorola KRZR K1mm
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Unlock the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by davidc
    I currently have MetroPCS but moving to Cingular, I want to know how to de-activate the phone so I can sell it to on craigslist legitimately to a person. I have had metropcs for almost a month.

Thanks.
    If you need to get the phone reprogrammed you can use an MSL Calculator to decifer the Subsidy unlock code.

This is where providers will program in the new service features. SID/MIN/MDN etc.

Try this utility:
    Forum Article

MetroPCS MSL Unlock Code

Feedback Score
    Just to clear this up for future people wondering the same thing. The process is 61 days from your bill due date and the system will automatically disconnect the phone. If you are on your free month, then it would be 91 days before the system automatically disconnects because the account has to go into a 60 day balance before it disconnects. The quickest way is to call and disconnect your service. As for the 24 hour thing unfortunately this is a case of a lazy customer service rep (yes there are some out there). But those that actually do their job, after being told the account was just disconnected or an esn change was performed on the account will take an extra minute and pull up the account and verify that information (that it is no longer in use on that account). The esn will go through the system once it is off an account. Where the problem lies is when an esn history search is ran, it will show up active on the account it was just taken off of until the system updates, which is the next day. But if you tell the rep it was just taken off an account and they refuse to verify that information, ask for a supervisor and make sure you have the reps id number when you talk with the supervisor so the problem can be taken care of. If anything else at least the supervisor will activate the phone.

Phone
    Samsung Instinct
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If I ported my number to another carrier does that automatically deactivate my account or do I still have to deal with Metro CS?

Phones
    Apple iPhone
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I ported my number from MetroPCS to Cingular and that automatically cancelled my account. If you want to keep your number, port the number FIRST and then call MetroPCS to verify the cancellation AFTER. MetroPCS rep will tell you if your the ESN for your phone is cleared for re-activation or not. Once I got their OK, I then I listed my phone on eBay and sold it with no problems.

I was with Cingular for about 48 hours before I ported out to T-Mobile... I know people complain about MetroPCS customer service, but believe me it's way better than Cingular's... all I have to say is good luck to you.

Feedback Score
    do they charge u, if u deactivate the account

Phone
    tmobile 8320 curve
    Carrier
    t mobile
    Feedback Score

deactivate

naw metro doesnt charge u to deactivate cause your not a on contract