Thread: speaking a text message to send?

Feedback Score

speaking a text message to send?

I need to communicate with my son by text msg since he is usually in class. I would like to be able to speak my message. It appears that the Samsung u740 does this. I was looking at the lg vx8600 because it has voice commands. One of the commands is send msg. I went to the verizon store, and they didn't even know it did that. But, we could not get it to take the message. Just accept who we were sending it to. The directions in the manual (pg 75) sound like you can. Anyone have it and know

Thanks
    Di

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    voice command to send a text and using voice to WRITE a text are two different things

im pretty sure the voice command is standard

and i THINK the u740 can do the voice>text thing. cant really remember
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCross
    And these idiots are allowed to vote... and drive... and pro-create.

Dear God...

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Yup. If you want the speech to text feature, the u740 is the phone that you want.

Whether the u740 is worth the money is a completely different question...

Feedback Score

Smile

Thanks for the info. After going into the vzw store again, one of the phone technicians actually showed the saleslady and me how to "write" the text and send it on the 740. My understanding from everyone I've talked to is that the lg8600 will let you say "send text message to Joe" and then the screen comes up for you to type it.

Thanks again
    Di