Thread: My Nokia BH - 601 review:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My Nokia BH - 601 review:

I've been using the NOKIA BH-601 for a solid 4 weeks now as A2DP wireless stereo headset and as a BT phone headset.

NOkia is nice enough to actually package in an A2DP BT adapter for you so you can use the headset with a PC via USB. It will also act as a regular BT USB dongle bringing BT to your PC. ON top of this NOkia packages in the AC4 charger which is a rapid charger. It will charge up the BH-601 from dead in about 2 hours and the nokia 5300 is about 1 hour. This is a great value on Nokia's part IMHO.

Sound quality
    Stereo Headphones via A2DP
    The Nokia BH-601 was a very good pair of headphones. The volume when playing music was loud enough for my tastes and it has fairly good treble, mid range and bass reproduction. Of course using the EQ features of the Nokia 5300 or any other paired A2DP phone that has an EQ feature will allow you to custom the listening experience to your preference.

Handsfree
    Incoming
    As a BT handsfree headset the BH-601 was equally impressive. Although, the sound only comes out of the left headphone and isn't played through both. The callers sounded natural and the volume was loud enough to suit my tastes.

Outgoing
    The outgoing audio was equally good.
    Nobody complained about it. There were no comments of me sounding like i'm in a "tunnel" as seems to be the case with many BT headsets.
    Callers said i sounded natural and clean. Even in the louder enviroments they could still here me, albeit they also heard more background noise as well.

Media Control
    The BH-601's are also able to wireless controll your A2DP device. I was able to start and stop the music using only the headset when connected to the 5300. You can also skip tracks and perform BT headset functions as well. You can also initiate any voicedialing features of the paired phone as well. The BT-601's allow pretty much free range of your A2DP device allowing you to leave it in your bag or pocket unless you want to send a SMS

Also, based on the phone it's paired with, the BH-601's will pause the music when an incoming call comes in, and then continue after that call is done.
    Battery life
    Nokia claims 8 hours of wireless audio be it calls or music and 180 hours of standby
    I never had any issue with any of these claims. One day I played music for 4 hours through the 5300 and the headset still went 3 days after that. The 5300 was sitting in the backroom on shuffle, feeding the music the BT-601's at full blast.

Aesthetics
    As far as looks go, i like em.
    They've got that nice square look to them and have clean lines and colours. Ultimately it's your call as to if you like em or not. You'll still get people staring @ you though, and you'll still look like Princess Leia from Starwars

comfort and Fit
    The BH-601's fit me comfortably and didn't annoy me. however, the design of these style of headsets may annoy some as the headset is basically supported by the bridge of your ears with the back going across your head for leverage. Also, wearing glasses with these units may annoy some so that's worth noting.

Conclusions
    The BH-601's are a great A2DP headset
    with the ability to wirelessly controll your device and make and receive wireless calls.
    It's a great compliment to the Nokia 5300, or any A2DP device for that matter.

PRO's
    *Excellent battery life
    *Excellent audio reproduction
    *Great BT headset audio in and out
    *Clean look
    *Comfortable fit (for me)
    *Wireless Media controll via side buttons
    *Packaged A2DP USB dongle
    *Packaged nokia RAPID CHARGER AC4
    *No flashing lights on the sides

CON's
    *phone calls only play from left speaker
    *May not work well with users who wear glasses

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Hi, just came across this via a Google search...

Would there be any reason why this headset wouldn't work with a Nokia E71? It's not listed as a compatible accessory at Nokia.com but it's also been discontinued, right?
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Quote Originally Posted by acurrie
    Hi, just came across this via a Google search...

Would there be any reason why this headset wouldn't work with a Nokia E71? It's not listed as a compatible accessory at Nokia.com but it's also been discontinued, right?
    I see no reason why it wouldn't work on a2dp and other profiles.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

Toronto

Cool. If anyone's interested there's a guy up in Barrie, ON selling a pair of these on eBay for a pretty good price -- click here for the listing.

The only possible drawback for me is that a wired headset would allow me to listen to my E71's on-board FM radio...