Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yang1815
    use iTunes to cut MP3's.

use vzwpix to send them.
    I've searched iTunes thoroughly and can find no reference to cutting mp3s in it. On the Toolbar under Edit, I see a grayed "Cut," but cannot figure how to do it.

And I've searched this thread and cannot find how to use iTunes to cut mp3s.

I would really appreciate any direction as to how to use it. It would sure solve a lot of problems for me.

And thank you.

Device(s)
    Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Right click

Get info

Options

Check the Start Time and Stop Time to the length you desire

Click OK

Convert file to MP3, it'll create a cut version

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OR, find the song file, right click, open with quicktime, then loop it how you like (with the little arrow things at the bottom), and select "trim to selection" from the menu. Then save it. (you have to convert it to an Mp3, but I like this method better, I get to hear it and play with it a little...)

But the iTunes way works great, assuming you know the start and stop time... I usually use that method when I am making a ringtone just using the first 40 seconds of the piece....
    -knisical

Device(s)
    Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    with iTunes you can be exact. once the start/stop points are made, every time you play the file, it only plays that section.

Device(s)
    Motorola Maxx VE
    Feedback Score
    After being frustrated by being unable to send ringtones via bluetooth using the rename to qcp trick, I came here.

In a previous post, someone mentioned that simply renaming the mp3 file to .qcp in the finder doesn't always work. It didn't in my case.

Instead, right-click on the mp3 and choose "get info." From there, click on "name and extension." Change it from .mp3 to .qcp. Then, browse your phone, open up the ringtones folder, and click send. Find your new .qcp file and send that sucker.

I've tried this method twice now and it's worked flawlessly.

By the by, I use the latest beta of Audacity on my intel Macbook, and it works great.

Now that I've figured this ringtone trick out, I feel less ripped off by Verizon. I love this website.
    Last edited by archangel37; 05-18-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel37
    After being frustrated by being unable to send ringtones via bluetooth using the rename to qcp trick, I came here.

In a previous post, someone mentioned that simply renaming the mp3 file to .qcp in the finder doesn't always work. It didn't in my case.

Instead, right-click on the mp3 and choose "get info." From there, click on "name and extension." Change it from .mp3 to .qcp. Then, browse your phone, open up the ringtones folder, and click send. Find your new .qcp file and send that sucker.

I've tried this method twice now and it's worked flawlessly.

By the by, I use the latest beta of Audacity on my intel Macbook, and it works great.

Now that I've figured this ringtone trick out, I feel less ripped off by Verizon. I love this website.
    What you are describing IS renaming it. It is the same thing we have been talking about the entire time. I think people are confused by the renaming it. You can: ctrl+click, get info, name and extension, then change to .qcp; OR click on the file, press enter, delete .mp3, add .qcp (so the name reads "song.qcp"), click "use .qcp" when the window pops up, and transfer (easier in my opinion). Either way, they have the EXACT same effect. I dont see where the mix up is.

ArchAngel, what did you do differently in the second method? please let me know so i understand what other people are having problems with.

Device(s)
    Motorola Maxx VE
    Feedback Score
    For most other files, saying renaming an mp3 to mid, simply clicking on the file, pressing enter, and overwriting .mp3 with something else worked. I'd be asked to "use .yyy" rather than .mp3. Using this method with .qcp often wouldn't work. I'd rename it, and then click get info and find it simply renamed it to "song.qcp.mp3." This was true even after I clicked on it, pressed enter, deleted .mp3 and added qcp.

For me, the "get info" method is and was the only method that worked consistently. This is on 10.4.9 on a Macbook.

Quote Originally Posted by knisical
    What you are describing IS renaming it. It is the same thing we have been talking about the entire time. I think people are confused by the renaming it. You can: ctrl+click, get info, name and extension, then change to .qcp; OR click on the file, press enter, delete .mp3, add .qcp (so the name reads "song.qcp"), click "use .qcp" when the window pops up, and transfer (easier in my opinion). Either way, they have the EXACT same effect. I dont see where the mix up is.

ArchAngel, what did you do differently in the second method? please let me know so i understand what other people are having problems with.

Feedback Score

New Mac user - need new phone

I am a new Mac user, and my e815 is starting to have problems charging, so it's about time for a new phone as well. I like the looks and features of the Maxx, but from what I have read so far, no one can get iSync to work with the Maxx since Apple doesn't have drivers for it yet. How long do they typically take? is it weeks, months, years? Are there hacks or other solutions for the Mac or the phone? I don't care about ringtones, just calendar, contacts, pictures from phone to computer, maybe even todo's.

Device(s)
    Treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    the next software update should have it.

Feedback Score

iSync

Quote Originally Posted by Yang1815
    the next software update should have it.
    How often are the software updates?

Device(s)
    Motorola MAXX Ve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

iSync Plugin for RAZR MAXX Ve.

All,

Here is the iSync plugin for the MAXX Ve. I worked with Dave from Clockskew.com, so thank him!

There is one caveat I have not figured out how to fix. In order for this to work, the phone must be in "Advanced Mode". I do not know how to make this a permanent fix. Perhaps someone with seem edit experience with OS X can tell me.

Anyway, you first need to remove the Bluetooth bond between your phone and your Mac (and quit iSync if it's open). Unzip the file and place the PhonePlugins folder in your ~/Library directory.

Then you need to put your phone in Advanced Mode. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and open up a communications program, like ZTerm. Choose the proper port for your phone via USB. Once connected, type:

AT+MODE=2

This will put your phone in advanced mode. Then quit the communications program and bond your phone with your Mac. Just go through the normal Bluetooth bonding. It should at that point realize that it can support contact and calendar syncing. Then launch iSync and that's it.

If you try to sync after that point, and it doesn't work, you need to put your phone in Advanced Mode.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bck1981
    All,

Here is the iSync plugin for the MAXX Ve. I worked with Dave from Clockskew.com, so thank him!

There is one caveat I have not figured out how to fix. In order for this to work, the phone must be in "Advanced Mode". I do not know how to make this a permanent fix. Perhaps someone with seem edit experience with OS X can tell me.

Anyway, you first need to remove the Bluetooth bond between your phone and your Mac (and quit iSync if it's open). Unzip the file and place the PhonePlugins folder in your ~/Library directory.

Then you need to put your phone in Advanced Mode. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and open up a communications program, like ZTerm. Choose the proper port for your phone via USB. Once connected, type:

AT+MODE=2

This will put your phone in advanced mode. Then quit the communications program and bond your phone with your Mac. Just go through the normal Bluetooth bonding. It should at that point realize that it can support contact and calendar syncing. Then launch iSync and that's it.

If you try to sync after that point, and it doesn't work, you need to put your phone in Advanced Mode.

Cheers.
    Something about this doesnt work. I dont understand what the "putting into advanced mode" does. some questions:
    Which library directory does the folder go into,
    Which port did you find in Zterm? A modem port?
    Does this actually work for you? I cant seem to get the bluetooth working. The USB sync works okay though.
    THX
    Last edited by knisical; 05-22-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! it worked for me without putting it into advanced mode.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone--you know who you are--for helping me with putting ringtones on my Maxx. For some inexplicable reason, it would not work a couple of days ago via bluetooth.

But today? Ta-da! My phone accepted everything I threw at it.

So, thanks again. It's nice to have ringtones again.

Device(s)
    Moto V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now that I've learned how to rename my .mid music cut to .qcp I was able to transfer it via bluetooth to my phone's ringtone file. However, once I choose it for my active ringtone the volume is so low it can't be heard. When I first tried this with my old razr 3c I had no volume problem at all with the same cut of musc. Is there a solution to volume loss? I use a piece of orchestrated music that is in stereo. Has anyone had this problem?
    I agree, this forum is a lifesaver and I can't wait for a new version of iSync to recognize the Maxx so that I can transfer my calendar schedule.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast