Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola RAZR maxx Ve: Let's start hacking...

Device(s)
    iPhone 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    buh bye verizon hello at&t
    Feedback Score
    Yea i dont know if im just readding something wrong or what? but i thought that meant to save them as ringtones like that! it doesnt let me! using p2k does work though

Device(s)
    Maxx Ve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After replacing the websession, how do you make the browser use the free wap vs. verizons? I don't see any place on the maxx ve that you can change which session you are using? (I'm using the FreeWAP file that someone posted elsewhere in this verizon forum). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    I "think" that it's the owner atrributes that determines where and how it shows up. The stuff we put on at Bill's house doesn't show in the My Blutooth Places/ OBEX File Transfer window, the folders only showed what was put on thru OBEX.

More research will bear this out if Im right.
    Did you get to browse the filesystem via OBEX?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As I posted earlier, seem 2742 offset 0018 bit 5 enables the web session menu in the programming menu.

You need to use #073887* then security code (000000) then it's the top selection in the menu.

It's a hassle but without that and the seem edit that enables it, you would have to manually edit the session every time you wanted to switch sessions.

Work needs to be done on the mma_ucp file for access on the shortcut keys but it may not be possible.
    Last edited by kbman; 05-01-2007 at 09:36 PM.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Did you get to browse the filesystem via OBEX?
    Yes, OBEX works just fine, but only has access to the media folders not the entire file system, as it is with other phones.

It works perfectly well to transfer media to the phone or card.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can you see the SD card via BT?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thought I just said that!

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thought I just said that!
    Yes indeed you did. Must be my Texas frame of mind right now. Can you intersperse your comments on the task list, please, and add your own? Thanks.

1. MPT with MMS.
    2. Move all kinds of media to the phone, including ringers, pics, video.
    3. Test the Synch on a PC for contacts and calendar. (PhoneArena said it had SyncML, but they were wrong on the display.)
    4. Test the PB transfer on the BMW and Lexus, to test the Synch and OPP for contacts that way.
    5. Try MSU to see if users don't need to pirate PST.
    6. Try the other usual programs for file transfer, P2K, BitPim, etc, to get inner and outer wallpapers and stuff.
    7. See if Quicktime Pro can make a decent video in 3G2 format or whatever looks nice on the 320 display and if the UI will let you rotate it.
    8. See how the VCard works and what can be pushed over to the phone or from it.
    9. DUN.
    10. Vibe then ring.
    11. MP3 music & ringers

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, OBEX works just fine, but only has access to the media folders not the entire file system, as it is with other phones.

What software do you use to access media folders via OBEX?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LostWhiteboyy
    I renamed the file and sent it to my phone! it plays it on the phone and when it gives me the option to save the file i selected save to phone! but when i go into my ringtones its not there, it shows up in my sounds! which will not let me set it as a ringtone! can u help me? thanks!

Never mind i think you was just stating that you can transfer .mp3 to your phone like that and save it onto your card! it was the other post that messed me up thinking that you could save them as rintones like that! but you still have to use p2k! correct me if im wrong! my fault
    You do NOT have to use P2k to get ringers on if you have a bluetooth obex capable device to send them from. Simply rename to .QCP and use Bluetooth OBEX to copy the mp3 renamed as a qcp to the my_ringers directory.

Given what you just said, it seems you tried to e-mail the mp3 renamed as a qcp, instead of using bluetooth OBEX, which I wouldn't have expected to work. It's not the same thing as what I described above.
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick
    This is the EXACT same thing that is happening to me. I rename the abc.mp3 to abc.qcp, transfer to phone using OBEX, but the file is saved to my_sounds, and not my_ringtones.
    There is no my_sounds folder in the root of the directory tree accessible w/ bluetooth OBEX... only in the microSD card. I was merely pointing out that this method described above can be used to put ringtones to the phone's memory. As has been discussed previously on many threads, there is no way to put ringtones on the microSD card.
    Last edited by luiset83; 05-01-2007 at 10:12 PM.
    PM rules: search first, and ask in the threads for help before you resort to one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Yes indeed you did. Must be my Texas frame of mind right now. Can you intersperse your comments on the task list, please, and add your own? Thanks.

1. MPT with MMS. Done
    2. Move all kinds of media to the phone, including ringers, pics, video. Done
    3. Test the Synch on a PC for contacts and calendar. (PhoneArena said it had SyncML, but they were wrong on the display.) Done
    4. Test the PB transfer on the BMW and Lexus, to test the Synch and OPP for contacts that way. Lend me the Bimmer!
    5. Try MSU to see if users don't need to pirate PST. Done at your house
    6. Try the other usual programs for file transfer, P2K, BitPim, etc, to get inner and outer wallpapers and stuff. Done and for the most part documented
    7. See if Quicktime Pro can make a decent video in 3G2 format or whatever looks nice on the 320 display and if the UI will let you rotate it. Done tested with existing 3g2 content
    8. See how the VCard works and what can be pushed over to the phone or from it.Done ; single contacts to PC or phone
    9. DUN. Got the profile to show up which didn't at first. Haven't done the edits yet to test
    10. Vibe then ring.Did the edit without success
    11. MP3 music & ringers Done; by cable or BT, MPT and OBEX, and other apps

Not bad so far!
    Last edited by kbman; 05-01-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybrick
    What software do you use to access media folders via OBEX?
    You use the software and driver interface provided with your Bluetooth dongle.

In my case, that is Widcom BT stack with a My Bluetooth Places interface integrated into the GUI of Windows.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not bad so far!
    Yes indeed. KB, you will be off for a few days I understand. The mission is to get the hacking on it's way within 2 weeks and then see if further hacks can be done with a filesystem download or we have contributors here with more input.

Device(s)
    iPhone 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    buh bye verizon hello at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    You do NOT have to use P2k to get ringers on if you have a bluetooth obex capable device to send them from. Simply rename to .QCP and use Bluetooth OBEX to copy the mp3 renamed as a qcp to the my_ringers directory.

Given what you just said, it seems you tried to e-mail the mp3 renamed as a qcp, instead of using bluetooth OBEX, which I wouldn't have expected to work. It's not the same thing as what I described above.

There is no my_sounds folder in the root of the directory tree accessible w/ bluetooth OBEX... only in the microSD card. I was merely pointing out that this method described above can be used to put ringtones to the phone's memory. As has been discussed previously on many threads, there is no way to put ringtones on the microSD card.
    i renamed the mp3 to .qcp! and transfered it bluetooth obex from my computer to my phone! all it does it gives me the option to save it to my phone or my mem card! i choose phone! and it goes into my sounds on my phone mem. not on my card! how im doing this is by click on the name of the file, the deleting to .mp3 and putting .qcp and saving it like that, hen right clicking on the file and go to send to bluetooth device and selecting maxx ve! once it gets to the phone like i said it gives me the option to save to phone or card i select phone! and it goes into my sounds!

how do i get to the my ringers directory to put the tones there? with out using p2k?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LostWhiteboyy
    i renamed the mp3 to .qcp! and transfered it bluetooth obex from my computer to my phone! all it does it gives me the option to save it to my phone or my mem card! i choose phone! and it goes into my sounds on my phone mem. not on my card! how im doing this is by click on the name of the file, the deleting to .mp3 and putting .qcp and saving it like that, hen right clicking on the file and go to send to bluetooth device and selecting maxx ve! once it gets to the phone like i said it gives me the option to save to phone or card i select phone! and it goes into my sounds!
    What is giveing you the option to "save it to my phne or my mem card" ???

What Bluetooth drivers does your PC have? Widcomm/BroadComm, Bluesoliel, Toshiba, or the basic Microsoft drivers?

It sounds like you are using Object Push Profile (OPP) to push the sound file to the phone, not OBEX File Transfer.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast