Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 803

Thread: Motorola RAZR maxx Ve: Let's start hacking...

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by llivinglarge
    Umm... AFAIK, Verizon has an exclusive on the Maxx Ve.
    I dont think its a WORLDWIDE exclusive, VIVO is a South American carrier more specifically Brazilian.


    Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

    Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    163
    Device(s)
    2 Blackjack II's
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone herd what UI the PR version has?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    and the hacks continue!
    Why no one thought of this before, I have no idea...

    Rename MP3 ringtones to a .QCP extension, and they transfer via Bluetooth OBEX perfectly! Just tried this on the Maxx Ve. This most likely works with all the other Motorola phones using VZW UI firmwares. Try this out people!
    In the past, QCP's could not be set as ring tones.

    Also, which folder do they end up in on the phone? On other phones, the OBEX File Trasnfer for User Generated content puts the files into a different folder then what is used for ring tones.... as such you couldnt set those files as ring tones...

    If this works on the Maxx.. that is definately a nice difference that I hope VZW doesn't find...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!


    New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

    Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,765
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    In the past, QCP's could not be set as ring tones.

    Also, which folder do they end up in on the phone? On other phones, the OBEX File Trasnfer for User Generated content puts the files into a different folder then what is used for ring tones.... as such you couldnt set those files as ring tones...

    If this works on the Maxx.. that is definately a nice difference that I hope VZW doesn't find...
    I guess people did think of it after all, heh. I wasn't aware. I guess this one slipped by VZW, indeed.

    Over Bluetooth, it's just /my_ringers. I put them there, and they stayed. This corresponds to /a/brew/mod/my_ringers on P2kCommander. They can indeed be set as ringtones, 'cause I tried with a couple of them... I have one set as my ringer (Banana Phone, hah) and another one for the g/f. So, at least for the Maxx Ve, this does work. I haven't tried doing this with a USB cable over MPT yet. Someone else w/ the Maxx is requested to try, and post back.
    Last edited by luiset83; 04-29-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    PM rules: search first, and ask in the threads for help before you resort to one.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    116
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    I guess people did think of it after all, heh. I wasn't aware. I guess this one slipped by VZW, indeed.

    Over Bluetooth, it's just /my_ringers. I put them there, and they stayed. This corresponds to /a/brew/mod/my_ringers on P2kCommander. They can indeed be set as ringtones, 'cause I tried with a couple of them... I have one set as my ringer (Banana Phone, hah) and another one for the g/f. So, at least for the Maxx Ve, this does work. I haven't tried doing this with a USB cable over MPT yet. Someone else w/ the Maxx is requested to try, and post back.
    i'd be more than happy to try but i dont think ive never used bluetooth before and i dont know if i have the right software to do this. if you could pm me we can give it a try thanks

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    I guess people did think of it after all, heh. I wasn't aware. I guess this one slipped by VZW, indeed.

    Over Bluetooth, it's just /my_ringers. I put them there, and they stayed. This corresponds to /a/brew/mod/my_ringers on P2kCommander. They can indeed be set as ringtones, 'cause I tried with a couple of them... I have one set as my ringer (Banana Phone, hah) and another one for the g/f. So, at least for the Maxx Ve, this does work. I haven't tried doing this with a USB cable over MPT yet. Someone else w/ the Maxx is requested to try, and post back.
    What folders do you see via bluetooth when using OBEX FTP?

    I don't know it if will work using MPT... does MPT have a Maxx Ve profile that has MultiMedia Studio present? Based on another thread, I thought it didn't.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    6,479
    Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    OPP phone to phone puts them in sounds.
    kbman

    Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

    If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

    Read more, post less.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,283
    Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Let the Games begin - Sounds like a mission

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    If I had the time... I'd say yes... But as it stands right now... I don't... Too much going on in my life and at work to be able to have free time to devote to hacking the phone...
    OK, I just got the Maxx and flipped it [the perfect $400 phone] to my perfect friend, KBMan for detailed analysis and hacking. You called him while he was at my house. Here is the short list:

    1. MPT with MMS.
    2. Move all kinds of media to the phone, including ringers, pics, video.
    3. Test the Synch on a PC for contacts and calendar. (PhoneArena said it had SyncML, but they were wrong on the display.)
    4. Test the PB transfer on the BMW and Lexus, to test the Synch and OPP for contacts that way.
    5. Try MSU to see if users don't need to pirate PST.
    6. Try the other usual programs for file transfer, P2K, BitPim, etc, to get inner and outer wallpapers and stuff.
    7. See if Quicktime Pro can make a decent video in 3G2 format or whatever looks nice on the 320 display and if the UI will let you rotate it.
    8. See how the VCard works and what can be pushed over to the phone or from it.
    9. DUN.
    10. Vibe then ring.
    11. MP3 music & ringers

    KB, anything we have forgotten?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    1,765
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    What folders do you see via bluetooth when using OBEX FTP?

    I don't know it if will work using MPT... does MPT have a Maxx Ve profile that has MultiMedia Studio present? Based on another thread, I thought it didn't.
    I see some of the numbered folders that are under /brew/mod, including the ones that another poster mentioned where the wallpapers/pictures go, and my_ringers. I believe that was it. If you put a wallpaper in the 'wallpapers' folder (the number is posted earlier in this thread), it gets copied to the pictures folder w/ no adverse effects.

    I'm not sure about MPT either, but presumably one of the phone drivers/profiles would work w/ the Maxx.
    Last edited by luiset83; 04-29-2007 at 06:22 PM.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    77
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    OK, I just got the Maxx and flipped it [the perfect $400 phone] to my perfect friend, KBMan for detailed analysis and hacking. You called him while he was at my house. Here is the short list:

    1. MPT with MMS.
    2. Move all kinds of media to the phone, including ringers, pics, video.
    3. Test the Synch on a PC for contacts and calendar. (PhoneArena said it had SyncML, but they were wrong on the display.)
    4. Test the PB transfer on the BMW and Lexus, to test the Synch and OPP for contacts that way.
    5. Try MSU to see if users don't need to pirate PST.
    6. Try the other usual programs for file transfer, P2K, BitPim, etc, to get inner and outer wallpapers and stuff.
    7. See if Quicktime Pro can make a decent video in 3G2 format or whatever looks nice on the 320 display and if the UI will let you rotate it.
    8. See how the VCard works and what can be pushed over to the phone or from it.
    9. DUN.
    10. Vibe then ring.
    11. MP3 music & ringers

    KB, anything we have forgotten?
    MSU does not support the MAXX as of yet, already tried that.

    Also try to get the ringer volume to show up as a number instead of high med low etc..

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Voorhees, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,283
    Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    I see some of the numbered folders that are under /brew/mod, including the ones that another poster mentioned where the wallpapers/pictures go, and my_ringers. I believe that was it. If you put a wallpaper in the 'wallpapers' folder (the number is posted earlier in this thread), it gets copied to the pictures folder w/ no adverse effects.

    I'm not sure about MPT either, but presumably one of the phone drivers/profiles would work w/ the Maxx.
    Yes. They are all numbered folders under Brew. KB is the man. I gave him my whole new phone. Total trust in this Forum.

    Oh, MSU worked like a charm. PST was cranky, it worked too.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok for MPT... (the following were done with MPT V4.36c, USB Cable, MotoDev v2.62 drivers, and an un-seem edited Maxx Ve)

    MPT will autodetect as a Ve.

    It has icons for the following...
    Phone Book - Tested... works
    Calendar - Tested... works
    Text Message - not tested
    internet connection - Not tested.

    Inside Calendar/Contacts.. using the Backup/Restore... STILL TESTING!!! Backing up creates only 1 contact to a Vcard (.VCF) and 1 calendar appointment (as a .VCS)... unlike what working with my V710, E815, V3C do where it makes a Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file.

    Inside Calendar/Contacts.. using the Backup/Restore... STILL TESTING!!! Sync works, but we had some contacts with a phone number filled into Outlook's MAIN NUMBER field... MPT was not setup with any field mappings of Outlook Mail NUMBER field to any field on the phone.. so it failed on those few contacts.

    To Get WORKING MultiMedia Studio...

    MPT v4.36c manually configure as K1MM
    (File copies were tested in BOTH directions i.e. from PC to Phone, and From Phone to PC)...
    Video's - use File Transfer studio to copy to 10890 folder
    Ring Tones - rename .QCP.. use File Transfer Studio to MY_RINGERS
    Pictures - use File Transfer studio to copy to 10888 folder

    Thanks to luiset83 for the rename tip!!

    NOTE: Between some of the tests, we had to unplug the phone, power off, power on, then re-connect in order for the phone to respond

    more to come...
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 04-29-2007 at 10:05 PM.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    outside graphic

    Using P2KCommander 3.35 (Pst 7.26 open in back ground) we overwrote a/mobile/verizon.gif with an edited one...

    File settings are...
    120x160 96dpi
    8bit
    gif89

    and it worked...

    A picture taken with an E815 -> (we added a little GRAY below the Verizon logo)
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 04-29-2007 at 09:47 PM.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    14,269
    Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Using QPST, the Tethered NAI filed on the M.IP tab is filled in, which implies you can use DUN.. As outlined in -> http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1018585

    NOTE: We haven't tested this yet. Just making a note that it is there.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    6,479
    Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Its a better picture of my e815 in the reflection on the front LCD than it is of the Maxx!!

    Oh well...

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Bookmarks