Thread: Are there any programs to sync contacts on SCH-U740?

Feedback Score

Are there any programs to sync contacts on SCH-U740?

I just got the phone yesterday and I cant find a program for the life of me that will let me sync my contacts on my computer with my U740. I have heard something about a program Samsung has (called Studio PC3) but I cant find that. I have also looked into MPT and a few other but still nothing. I have the data essentials kit and I have bluetooth in my computer so either way works for me. I also have bitpim but with over 200 contacts I am not going to go into each contacts home number and put 0000. Its a HUGE waste of time. One thing I can say I am sick in tired of, and its nto just this phone, ITS VERIZON not giving us a good way to sync our contacts without paying them. Does anyone know of a compatible program with this phone yet? Thanks

Chad

Phones
    Palm Pre Plus
    LG VX11000
    LG VX8550 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon does provide Backup Assistant for free now to online "My Account" users. Grab Backup Assistant off of Get It Now and you can easily backup your contacts. Read more here.
    Verizon Wireless customer since November 2005.

Feedback Score
    There is a program called Datapilot, after installing all of the updates for it, I was able to sync all my contacts from my old VX8100 to my SCH-U740 without any problems.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Samsung i910 (Omnia) *standby*
    Samsung SCH-u740 (Alias) *standby*
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon's Backup Assistant is free if you have a login account for My Account.

steven

Phones
    Sami u740
    Sami a900
    Sami t619
    Carriers
    VzW
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveliv
    Verizon's Backup Assistant is free if you have a login account for My Account.

steven

This is true, but you'll need to keep the "my account online" to continue receiving the backup assistant service for free.

Phones
    Droid, Env-Touch, Dare,
    Hers Voyager, retired..u900Flipshot, u740 ,LG vx8100 backup
    Son HTC touch, vx9900 retired
    Carrier
    Verizon wireless formerly Airtouch
    Feedback Score
    BA works from phone a to vzw server, then from server to restore to phone b,

it will keep the server updated with any changes you make to the phones contact list

and if you have to replace the phone you can restore the backup from the server to the replacement phone

very handy to have

assuming your contact list on the PC is in outlook, you can have outlook export a csv file "contacts.csv" data pilot might be able to import this file and transfer it to your phone .

csv has become the defacto standard format for contacts/addresses even bitpim can read it, but bitpim does not have full suport for the u740 and u620 YET

but i believe you can use the a950 setting and send the contacts to the u740, after you import the csv into bitpim
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard, a member of the Verizon Wireless Customer Council