Thread: Port from Boost to Verizon

Phones
    iPhone 3gs
    Sony W580i
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Port from Boost to Verizon

Has anyone ported their number from Boost Mobile to Verizon (or another carrier)?

I have read many conflicting reports about the ability to port a number from a prepaid type carrier to a post paid. My thought is that through a loophole at Nextel, I can port my current Nextel phones to Boost and avoid the ETF. Then port the number over to Verizon after it is on Boost.

Any input would be appreciated!

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Pre-paid can be ported to post-paid (and vice versa) no problem.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Quote Originally Posted by agripnt
    Has anyone ported their number from Boost Mobile to Verizon (or another carrier)?

I have read many conflicting reports about the ability to port a number from a prepaid type carrier to a post paid. My thought is that through a loophole at Nextel, I can port my current Nextel phones to Boost and avoid the ETF. Then port the number over to Verizon after it is on Boost.

Any input would be appreciated!
    As long as you're sure this "loophole" exist, then the porting is no problem.

Phones
    iPhone 3gs
    Sony W580i
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fractured
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

As long as you're sure this "loophole" exist, then the porting is no problem.
    see this thread...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=997389