Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Enabling voip sip over wifi in Dash !!

Device(s)
    Curve
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe
    Because it would be one number.

I'm not saying T-mobile wouldn't want to disable VOIP (surely they'd rather you don't have the option!), but even so, most people would rather pay for their @home service because its less complex.

I have a voip app running on my SDA, with a free incoming SIP number based in another state (I mentioned this earlier on this thread, I think).
    This is great when people call me because I can forward my t-mo number to this voip one, but I can't call people back because they won't recognize the caller ID. I'd rather my voip and cell be the same number, but the only way this will work is if T-mo rolls out @home. Heck, I might pay for it if they make it available on my device.
    If TMO didnt take it off their phones, it wouldnt be that complex... all you'd have to do is put a program to put in your VOIP info and.. bam... it'd work. It is super complicated now because we have to install the whole thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am really hoping T-Mobile allows updates to their WM6 phones for UMA. If not i guess we will have to find good SIP providers.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I couldn't get past "Internet Calling: Available" until I forwarded port 6050 to my Wing. Now I get searching. Anyone have any advice regarding FreeDigits? I now have "FreeDigits: Searching..." on the screen.

Thanks

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe
    Because it would be one number.

I have a voip app running on my SDA, with a free incoming SIP number based in another state (I mentioned this earlier on this thread, I think)..
    Dishe, what voip APP are you running on the SDA? I'd be interested to try that same one out.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a2gti
    Dishe, what voip APP are you running on the SDA? I'd be interested to try that same one out.

Thanks!
    Its called go-sip.
    Originally only in french, its now available in a rather loose english translation. you can find it at www.go-sip.com

works pretty well, but callers complain about an echo (which I can't hear on my side).
    Still not clear on whether that's because of the app or the freedigits service... but it works!

let me know if you've got any questions!
    (posted on an SDA)
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Dishe. Ok I have used that as well. I thought you had another one.
    It was working on and off using voipdiscount.com. I will give it another shot..i had the original french version..I will try the new one.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    A2gti, I don't know why it would be on/off working for you before, but I can testify that it works perfectly now... only problem is the voice quality.
    Calls come in just fine, and I can initiate them fine too.

Too bad there's no WM6 version.

Feedback Score
    curious to know if anyone has tried mysipswitch, to get free outgoing from one sip and free incoming from another?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So is VOIP using SIP actually usable with the Dash? Has anyone tried using Gizmoproject or Vonage with the Dash or Wing?
    List of dumb posts:

Originally Posted by Whit
    I will be requesting the Nokia 6682. I am done with smart(dumb)phones.

Feedback Score
    this worked pretty easily for me, i didnt have to do anything special. sip icon came up instantly, used t_webbs homescreen xml, and recieved a phone call.

however, when i make outgoing calls it says connected but i dont hear any sound and the phone hasnt actually rang. i suspect it has to do with the +9 dialing prefix, and will get that resolved once sigep739 pms me back with his edited config files.

for those of you wondering, im using voxalot with freedigits. i doubt i will stay with freedigits though as they assign you a number in iowa. but, im still researching voip/sip providers, and i may use freedigits as an outgoing, rather than incoming at a fee, if they offer the lowest prices. the other place im looking at is voipdiscount, as they claim to offer free us landline/mobile outgoing. whether that is true that remains to be seen, if anyone has experiance with them please post up.

Feedback Score

Low volume --Help !!

Quote Originally Posted by sigep739
    yea... i found it...

and i fixed the volume problem... now, all I need to do is figure out how to get the thing to stop recieving calls after a few minutes if a connection is not active. if i can figure that out, i will be able to forward calls to my voip number when i am low on minutes and it would be reliable.

how sweet would that be?

while this is way more difficult to set up than skype, assuming I can get this puppy to quit dropping, this will be far better than skype. no doubt.
    Hi,
    I have configure on my dash and have no problem calling.. the only problem is i can't hear the other person on the line because the volume is low. I have noticed that you have found a fix to the volume problem. Can you help me by showing how did you do that?

Thanks
    R92

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterfpga
    curious to know if anyone has tried mysipswitch, to get free outgoing from one sip and free incoming from another?
    yes, i have. set up multiple registrations such that each of those services is registered with mysipswitch. thus, whenever someone calls in, it will go to mysipswitch, which will come to your sip phone.

you can also add sip accounts for dial out, and use a call pattern such that any call made goes thru your outgoing sip provider. hope this helps.

cheers, mahesh

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 1st Gen 2.1 fw
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Go-Sip works w/ WM6 just like almost every other WM5 program.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." – Al Capone

Device(s)
    HTC Dream G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ok I get Internet calling: No Service
    here are configs from Nettelephone.com

a.. SIP proxy IP address: 213.137.73.140
    a.. account no.: xxxxxxxx
    a.. pin: xxxx
    a.. Transmission & receiving codec = G.723
    a.. SIP registration: turned "on"
    a.. number of transmission frame: set to "2"
    a.. port 5060

how would I set up the _setup.txt

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G (Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I signed up for freedigits.com and got a phone number... i'm trying to edit my _setup.xml file with all the information but where do I retrieve this info from?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast