Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Enabling voip sip over wifi in Dash !!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 1st Gen 2.1 fw
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There are known problems w/ the VoIP Application. Do a search you'll see that you get dropped for no apparent reason which makes all of the hassle of installing CABS and editing _setup.xml files worthless considering there are other programs that achieve the same functionality available for free and are proven to work. . If you want a reliable VoIP client just use Go-SIP or Fring.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." – Al Capone

Feedback Score
    Go-SIP's website is down, somebody decided to pull the folders in the server.

Feedback Score

GoSIP Website is back

Quote Originally Posted by shooterfpga
    Go-SIP's website is down, somebody decided to pull the folders in the server.
    Hi guys,

The GoSIP website is back online. (needed admin this week-end)

As I work at Peer2Phone, the company who gave birth to GoSIP, if you want either to get further info on our softphone or share ideas on how to improve it, please do so.

NB: We noticed the english version of the GoSIP website wasn't good. It was made by a cheap and bad (but quick) translator, we have planned to change that in a close future.

Thanks for using GoSIP
    Eagle-B

Last news:
    - GoSIP now works with Toshiba Portege WM5 G500 Smartphone & G900 PDAphone and uses the earphone (no more handsfree).
    - GoSIP now works with most Crossbow/WM6 devices (HTC P3600/Trinity, Dopop 810 for example are not supported yet)

Device(s)
    Lg enV
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    would someone mind explaining skype and voip? i am a complete newb

Feedback Score
    Hello everybody.. I have a TMOBILE DASH, no problem configuring it per the instructions and there seems to be a plethora' of SIP providers out there... My question is.. I guess I am a little confused the way this functions exactly. You use a SIP provider and you are assigned a phone number then that phone number is forwarded on to your standard cell number? I don't want any extra numbers, I just want my dash to ring when my standard phone number is called and be able to make calls, both using my wireless IP.. What am I missing?
    Thanks!
    Jeffrey

Device(s)
    Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

Anyone ever get this to work?

I've tried this on my Dash with the Kavana 6.1 rom upgrade but not had any success.

Just wanted to hear from anyone that has actually been able to get the built-in voip to work on the DASH.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Finally got it working!!!
    I'm amazed the Internet Calling (VOIP) really works.
    Anyone wanting to try it without spending money can get a free account at Callcentric.com
    They have a test number you can use to test both incoming and outgoing calls.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superthaix
    Finally got it working!!!
    I'm amazed the Internet Calling (VOIP) really works.
    Anyone wanting to try it without spending money can get a free account at Callcentric.com
    They have a test number you can use to test both incoming and outgoing calls.

What did you do to get it working? I have the Kavana 6.1 ROM on my Dash. I didn't see the voip files, so I installed the wv6voip.cab. That allowed me to change the phone settings to use Internet Calling whenever available. I then created and installed a cab with the _setup.xml file that I edited to use my SIP provider. This created a /Windows/System/Voip directory. However, I see no SIP icon on my home screen and all attemps to make a call over wi-fi(it is turned on and working) fail to use the internet to place the call. Any help would be appreciated.

Device(s)
    Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mplate
    What did you do to get it working? I have the Kavana 6.1 ROM on my Dash. I didn't see the voip files, so I installed the wv6voip.cab. That allowed me to change the phone settings to use Internet Calling whenever available. I then created and installed a cab with the _setup.xml file that I edited to use my SIP provider. This created a /Windows/System/Voip directory. However, I see no SIP icon on my home screen and all attemps to make a call over wi-fi(it is turned on and working) fail to use the internet to place the call. Any help would be appreciated.
    It took me about a week of tinkering with the _setup.xml file to make it work.
    I also had to adjust the dialplan, but that was after I got the Internet Calling working first.

Make sure you have these files: \Windows directory:

ipdialplan.xml
    dnsapi.dll
    voipphonecanvas.dll
    rtcdll.dll

Just wanted to clarify about what you said above. Regarding "...attemps to make a call over wi-fi(it is turned on and working)..." you are just talking about the WiFi only right. From what I understand your wifi is turned on and has an internet connection, right?

Secondly, if you switch your home screen to the "basic" option it makes it a little easier to troubleshoot the Internet calling. Give it a try. It should say "Internet Calling: Not Available" or maybe "Internet Calling: Available"

Now back to the _setup.xml files.
    After experimenting I found that I had line 7 incorrectly set. From the first posting at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153229

For example with Callcentric.com service this is how I had to set line 7, like this.
    uri='sip:[email protected]'

All other were set to 'callcentric.com' such as line 9 and so on...

17771234567 should be replaced by your Callcentric account number. Or if you purchased an inbound (DID) number with callcentric, then you should use that instead. But you don't need to get a DID to test it. See this to test inbound calls, http://www.callcentric.com/faq.php?s...&go=Search#149

Give it a try and let me know.

Line 7 only example:

<wap-provisioningdoc>
    <characteristic type="VoIP">
    <parm name="SIPSettings"
    value="&lt;provision key='1232ab01' name='_sip_provider_name_'&gt;
    &lt;provider name='_sip_provider_name_' /&gt;
    &lt;user account='_account_' password='_password_'
    allowedauth='digest'/&gt;
    &lt;sipsrv addr='_sip_proxy.com_' protocol='UDP' role='proxy'&gt;
    &lt;session party='First' type='pc2pc' /&gt;
    &lt;session party='First' type='pc2ph' /&gt;
    &lt;/sipsrv&gt;
    &lt;sipsrv addr='_sip_registrar.com_' protocol='UDP' role='registrar'/&gt;
    &lt;/provision&gt;" />
    </characteristic>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>

Device(s)
    Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

Voip Sound Settings Help

I still have 2 unresloved issues.

If anyone would care to input:

1. Does anyone know how to re-route the sound on the Internet Calling to the earpeace instead off the Speakerphone speaker.

2. The volume is very low on Internet Calling, does anyone know which registry settings will turn up the sound volume on Internet Calling?

I did find a posting about adjusting the registry sound settings, but when I actually check the registry there was a plethora of possible registrys that could have been adjusted. I wanted to avoid experimenting if someone already knew which to adjust.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superthaix
    It took me about a week of tinkering with the _setup.xml file to make it work.
    I also had to adjust the dialplan, but that was after I got the Internet Calling working first.

Make sure you have these files: \Windows directory:

ipdialplan.xml
    dnsapi.dll
    voipphonecanvas.dll
    rtcdll.dll

Just wanted to clarify about what you said above. Regarding "...attemps to make a call over wi-fi(it is turned on and working)..." you are just talking about the WiFi only right. From what I understand your wifi is turned on and has an internet connection, right?

Secondly, if you switch your home screen to the "basic" option it makes it a little easier to troubleshoot the Internet calling. Give it a try. It should say "Internet Calling: Not Available" or maybe "Internet Calling: Available"

Now back to the _setup.xml files.
    After experimenting I found that I had line 7 incorrectly set. From the first posting at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153229

For example with Callcentric.com service this is how I had to set line 7, like this.

All other were set to 'callcentric.com' such as line 9 and so on...

17771234567 should be replaced by your Callcentric account number. Or if you purchased an inbound (DID) number with callcentric, then you should use that instead. But you don't need to get a DID to test it. See this to test inbound calls, http://www.callcentric.com/faq.php?s...&go=Search#149

Give it a try and let me know.

Line 7 only example:

<wap-provisioningdoc>
    <characteristic type="VoIP">
    <parm name="SIPSettings"
    value="&lt;provision key='1232ab01' name='_sip_provider_name_'&gt;
    &lt;provider name='_sip_provider_name_' /&gt;
    &lt;user account='_account_' password='_password_'
    allowedauth='digest'/&gt;
    &lt;sipsrv addr='_sip_proxy.com_' protocol='UDP' role='proxy'&gt;
    &lt;session party='First' type='pc2pc' /&gt;
    &lt;session party='First' type='pc2ph' /&gt;
    &lt;/sipsrv&gt;
    &lt;sipsrv addr='_sip_registrar.com_' protocol='UDP' role='registrar'/&gt;
    &lt;/provision&gt;" />
    </characteristic>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>
    Thanks for the help. I finally did get my phone to call the test number at Callcentric, although it took a little more than what you outlined here. I set up a free Callcentric account and used that number instead of 17771234567 in the uri, also used that number as the account name, and filled in the proxy,registar, name and provider name with callcentric.com. Plus, I had to modify my ipdialplan.xml as it was placing a 9 before all my calls. But, I can, after all that, call 17771234567 and listen to their "TELLME" service for free. Qualilty is a little sketchy so, I'm having a friend sign up for a Callcentric account so I can talk to him for free. Based on that, I'll decide whether or not I want to throw any money at Callcentric. Thanks again for your help.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I finally got it working yesterday too. Thanks to you both for the setup with Callcentric and letting me know what I needed to modify for the ipdialplan.xml file.

I made the call to 17771234567 and the automated voice came in loud and clear using wifi at home. I'm not sure how loud my sound was but the computer recognized my voice for the TELLME service.

Feedback Score
    1) app unlock your wm6 (same surrealnetwork file works in wm6)

How do i do this?

Feedback Score
    I was having the same problem and was getting very frustrated.
    Thanks for all of the posts; they really helped with my Business Phone Systems and Business VOIP!

Cheers,
    Jon

Feedback Score
    Forgive my ignorance, but is there any way that this capability ties in with UMA? I tried a Nokia UMA enabled phone on T-Mobile early this year, but was not particularly happy with the system so did not keep it. The Dash has the wifi and obviously can do voip with these fixes, but what about UMA and the Dash?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast