Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: goes to voicemail without ringing

Phone
    a530
    Carriers
    verizion
    Feedback Score

goes to voicemail without ringing

I am from Los Angeles and I have verizon and I am pretty happy but got one problem and was wondering if it common problem or it a problem with the model of the phone that I have. I have the Motorola v162 model I think that is the model number, don't remember but I know it was replace by Motorola v60. Once in a while when someone calls me my phone will not ring and it will go to my voicemail. I checked my phone and I have full signal. Did experiment called my self from home phone and sometimes it happens and sometimes it rings. Verizon say they not sure why it’s happening, (611) Verizon store says it’s because of my phone its dual mode instead of trimode that most of verizoin phones are. So are they just trying to make money of me or is my phone really the problem.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You may want to update the PRL on your phone, press *228 & send. This will usually help when your phone dosn't ring and calls go to VM.

Phone
    a530
    Carriers
    verizion
    Feedback Score
    thanks will try that but when i asked about that in the verizion store they told me it was for tirmode phones only, guess they want me to upgrade and make some money of me.

Phones
    LG VX4400
    Motorola T720 (trashed)
    Feedback Score
    Updating your PRL will do nothing.

Its not the phone you are using. It is the cell phone network infrastructure to blame... there is several reasons: One is that the network gets busy, and cannot send a call to another node at the time (ie. Cell phone customer) and another is that is has a hard time routing the call for some unknown reason (bad service area, etc) and it doesnt receive a reply from the phone and it sends it straight to voicemail. It is a network problem and not a phone issue at the time I believe.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Vandal, You are right about it being a network problem, its not a phone problem. By dialing *228 you establish contact with the nearest tower(s). When you travel around the new tower may not notice your phone, even though your phone notices the tower and shows a full signal. If you get a call and the tower can not locate your phone it will go to VM. But if you dial *228 you are telling the tower(s) your phone is in that area. Its like a wake up call in my opinion.

Phone
    v60c/i
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Vandal
    Updating your PRL will do nothing.

Its not the phone you are using. It is the cell phone network infrastructure to blame... there is several reasons: One is that the network gets busy, and cannot send a call to another node at the time (ie. Cell phone customer) and another is that is has a hard time routing the call for some unknown reason (bad service area, etc) and it doesnt receive a reply from the phone and it sends it straight to voicemail. It is a network problem and not a phone issue at the time I believe.
    That's exactly right, stole the words out of my mouth. It's usually caused by too much network traffic and/or poor signal conditions. It is NOT a problem with the phone.

Budney- dialing *228 to get the towers to "notice" you will work in some cases, but you can do that by dialing any number, doesn't have to be *228. If you're in a weak signal area, this may do nothing, as the phone still won't be picking up enough signal to actually receive the call.
    I want to fill your mouth with spiders.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    True, dialing any number would work fine. I believe *228 is a free call. I know that we are not talking about a lot of minutes. Since it is free, it's nice to know I am not waisting any minutes on a useless call. I should of been more clear on my tip, because I know the PRL dosn't help his problem but just placing the free call might, especially in LA were Ylen13 lives.

Phone
    a530
    Carriers
    verizion
    Feedback Score
    thanks for all of replys, that is what i fugured that it was the network problem and no my phone.

Phones
    Unlocked, Jailbroken iPhone 3GS
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Ylen13
    thanks for all of replys, that is what i fugured that it was the network problem and no my phone.
    Do you still think it was a network problem since you got your a530, or did the a530 fix your problem?

Feedback Score
    I would put my money on poor network condition or bad signal where your at. You might want to try a *18 and reregister yourself on the network.

Phones
    Droid X
    LG 8300 - Lg 4400
    Samsung A460 & N200
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I agree with it having to do with the network. I recently had 2 calls go straight to voicemail or 2 serperate occasions. Both calls occurred while I was in my home. I have never had any other problems in my home. I have great signal. It has to be the network.

Phone
    a530
    Carriers
    verizion
    Feedback Score
    wow were did you dig up this post ?

with 203 i have not have a problem yet with the phone not ringing and going straight in to the vocie mail

Phone
    a530
    Carriers
    verizion
    Feedback Score
    wow were did you dig up this post ?

with 203 i have not have a problem yet with the phone not ringing and going straight in to the vocie mail
    opes i mean 503

Phones
    Unlocked, Jailbroken iPhone 3GS
    MyTouch 4G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    opes i mean 503
    Good to hear. Thanx.

And I assume that you have not had the vibrating issue either that others have had with that phone (vibrating once and that's it when it is set to vibrate and it rings; some have pointed out that those users may have set it to the "quick vibrate" mode in which it is only supposed to vibrate once when it rings).

Phone
    a530
    Carriers
    verizion
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by LABachlr
    Good to hear. Thanx.

And I assume that you have not had the vibrating issue either that others have had with that phone (vibrating once and that's it when it is set to vibrate and it rings; some have pointed out that those users may have set it to the "quick vibrate" mode in which it is only supposed to vibrate once when it rings).
    no issue with vibrating also what they must have done is set it to vibrate +ring. On my i get 2 vibrates and the rest are rings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast