Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Dash WM6 FAQs (version 1 May 10 2007)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jt76542
    Thanks for your homescreen sharing!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rf12

*** Get ride of the beep at the beginning of each outgoing call
    HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Callstart\IniVol <-- empty field and type 0 (zero). This hack doesn't stick it seems and I have to keep doing it over and over.

*** Replace the Incoming/ Connecting T-Mobile screen:
    In \Windows replace BackgroundImage_Land.bmp with your image (using the computer and ActiveSync not the Dash explorer)
    Soft-reset

As you guys add to this, I will try and update these FAQs with the help of the moderators hopefully.

Thank you.
    For WM6, if you want to remove the beep at the begging of each call its:

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Callstart\InCall 2 <-- empty field and type 0 (zero). and NOT CallStart/InitVol (last two trees).

dont forget to tell them the picture size for Incall/outcall backgroun pic must be 320x186

EXCELLENT work on the faq

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 1st Gen 2.1 fw
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The above won't work and will reset to default after a soft reset or a profile change (at least on my device). To effectively remove that annoying @$$ beep, 1st copy the original file from your device and copy it to the desktop, rename it to sometheing like original-filename1, create a silent wave file and name it to whatever the default beep was named, copy it to the windows folder along w/ the renamed original file incase you want to revert back for some reason. A soft reset may be required. The change was applied on the fly on my device. No soft reset was required.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." – Al Capone

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 1st Gen 2.1 fw
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bleuiko
    I kinda like the feature. I never lock my phone and the beep tells me if I've accidently called a number when its in my pocket. I think it can be useful but definitely should be added as an option and not default.

I'm having trouble editing Short_IE.ink. How is everyone doing that. WordPad and TC won't save the file. I can't turn off attibs either....
    cenotepad will edit that link for ya. It's a desktop app that accesses the DASHs file system. Also the beep feature is ******ty, lock the keypad if you don't want to mistakenly dial numbers while the phone is in your pocket. I know you say you don't lock the phone but it takes about the same amount of time to lock the phone as it does to end the call you mistakenly made in the first place.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Webb
    The above won't work and will reset to default after a soft reset or a profile change (at least on my device). To effectively remove that annoying @$$ beep, 1st copy the original file from your device and copy it to the desktop, rename it to sometheing like original-filename1, create a silent wave file and name it to whatever the default beep was named, copy it to the windows folder along w/ the renamed original file incase you want to revert back for some reason. A soft reset may be required. The change was applied on the fly on my device. No soft reset was required.

HUMMMM

strange, I used total commander and simply changed

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Callstart\InCall 2 <-- empty field and type 0 (zero).

and that worked for me after reboot.

here is what I have in my phone:

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\CallStart\InitVo l--->0

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\InCall\InitVol--->3

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\InCall2\InitVol--->0

hope that helps, an alternative to running a ''blank'' sound effect

p.s. im running WM6

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    has anyone else had problems connecting to the internet with the same proxy settings as wm5? i cant get it to connect....any ideas?

Feedback Score

Mms

hey i just upgraded my dash from windows mobile five to windows mobile 6. i wanted to keep my text messages so i save the file of messaging from the windows file explorer onto my memory card. after i upgraded i put the file back and i still can't see my old text messages. is there a way to get my text messages back?

also how do you get to the registry editor?

Device(s)
    Wing
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    does anyone have the reg fix for wmp video playback. seems to be playing in portrait mode during full screen playback. did anyone in development have a dash when putting this together?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdevinney
    does anyone have the reg fix for wmp video playback. seems to be playing in portrait mode during full screen playback. did anyone in development have a dash when putting this together?
    try this...

Add key "Rotation" under HKLM\System\GDI\

Add Dword "LandscapeMode"=0
    JoHnNyLaVaH

Device(s)
    Wing
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylavah
    try this...

Add key "Rotation" under HKLM\System\GDI\

Add Dword "LandscapeMode"=0

thank you very much. that worked perfect.. another one to have added to the first page.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rf12
    ***Replace the T-Mobile logo in call history
    In \Windows\ and copy BrandingBrick.gif to your PC for backup
    Replace this file with the GIF image of your choice. The image must be 320x27. Soft-reset.
    if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to get this to work. Every time I try to replace or delete the original it says I do not have permission to do so. TIA
    16GB iPhone 3G: redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4
    FW: iOS 4
    Modem FW: 05.13.04
    Unlocked: ultrasnOw

Problem of the Year: Shakin' them haters off...
    Don't Start None, Won't Be None. Get On... Before Ya Get Spit On

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    is anyone else having issues with their dash start-up? i've had WM6 for my phone since it came out, but i find that every once in a while, my Dash freezes at the start-up and i can only see the tmobile start-up screen and the WM6 start-up button.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w800i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donvito83
    is anyone else having issues with their dash start-up? i've had WM6 for my phone since it came out, but i find that every once in a while, my Dash freezes at the start-up and i can only see the tmobile start-up screen and the WM6 start-up button.
    I have the same problem, once in a while. When got freezed, remove sd card and restart. Assume some of the software (sk-tool standard & wordbook) might have caused this event. Let's see...

Feedback Score
    With the WM6 upgrade, I think you still need to do the following to enable bluetooth file transfers, right?

Enable OBEX for BT file transfers:
    \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\obex
    change Isabled from 0 to 1

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In video playback full screen, the playback switches to landscape. I read what you posted above but have no clue what that means.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast