Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Dash WM6 FAQs (version 1 May 10 2007)

Feedback Score
    how do you set up the voice calling feature. I did the change but now how do I add the voice tag to the contact on the phone?

Device(s)
    Dash WM6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    you dont have to just hold down the home key and after the beep say "call+the name"

Feedback Score
    sorry i just got it last week. what is the home key..

Device(s)
    Dash WM6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the one with a picture of a house on it.

Feedback Score
    cool.... now how do i add the voice tag to teh contact?

Device(s)
    Dash WM6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    you dont it is voice recognition.

Feedback Score
    Thank you so much... this is awesome!!!!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball7271
    hey i just upgraded my dash from windows mobile five to windows mobile 6. i wanted to keep my text messages so i save the file of messaging from the windows file explorer onto my memory card. after i upgraded i put the file back and i still can't see my old text messages. is there a way to get my text messages back?

also how do you get to the registry editor?
    Does anyone have any ideas how to get this working? I'm about to upgrade to WM6 but want to make sure I can save my SMSs first...
    -Scott

Feedback Score
    Has anyone ever had a white line go throught the bottom of the screen? Mine has a white line directly in the middle of the start and the Contact selections, the white line stays for all programs

Feedback Score
    you got a busted LCD

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duonger25
    sorry i just got it last week. what is the home key..
    Quote Originally Posted by redwildebeast
    the one with a picture of a house on it.
    Can I put that in my signature??
    I don't subscribe to threads. If you've got something to say to me, PM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hows it going guys. I am looking into getting the Dash, I have the Blackberry Pearl now but just want something different. I wanted the BlackJack but I am not gonna change carriers just for a phone. The Dash seems like a really good deal, comparable to the BlackJack but have a few questions...
    1. I dont care about streaming video or TV, but I would like to watch some music videos. Can the Dash play music videos stored on the SD card?
    2. I know its Windows compatible, but is it Windows Vista compatible? I just bought a new home computer with Vista.
    3. My Pearl has a 2gb SD card in it, what the max size of SD card that is known to work on the Dash?
    4. Is there anything I need to do/know when I do get my Dash?
    5. Are you guys overall happy with the Dash?

Thanks for your help

Feedback Score

Home page edit

Can anyone tell me the original registry value for the stock dash homepage? During my edit I seem to have made a misstep and would like the original back. Yes, I have learned I need to backup the registry before I dink around. TIA

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harm_dzines
    1. I dont care about streaming video or TV, but I would like to watch some music videos. Can the Dash play music videos stored on the SD card?
    2. I know its Windows compatible, but is it Windows Vista compatible? I just bought a new home computer with Vista.
    3. My Pearl has a 2gb SD card in it, what the max size of SD card that is known to work on the Dash?
    4. Is there anything I need to do/know when I do get my Dash?
    5. Are you guys overall happy with the Dash?
    1) Yes, the Dash can play stored videos. It is a full Smartphone WM5 or WM6 unit, with all that implies. Although the builtin WMP is ok for some things, for videos, 3rd party free software is usually better, particularly TCPMP. I play movies regularly on my Dash.
    2) It is as "compatible" with Vista as anything else out there, particularly if you put on WM6.
    3) It can certainly use 2Gb MICRO SD cards. I don't know about larger cards.
    4) Its main disadvantage over the similar competition (Blackjack, Q) is that it lacks 3G data, only doing EDGE (which is all that Tmo has anyways). It main advantage is that it has WiFi (which is a huge plus in my book). Its battery life is also said to be a bit better. And it can be upgraded to WM6 now, if you wish (not uniformly a good thing). The other somewhat annoying "feature" of the Dash is the JOGGR scrolling strip on the side, instead of a scrolling wheel. It is a good idea on paper, but I think most people agree that a scrolling wheel like the Q would have been better. But it is not a fatal flaw...
    5) Yes, very happy. Makes you wonder why Palm can't seem to build Treos that aren't bricks. Dash has all the hardware that a Treo has and more (WiFi), minus a touch screen. So why does a Treo need to be a centimeter thicker ???

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8100 Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy
    1) Yes, the Dash can play stored videos. It is a full Smartphone WM5 or WM6 unit, with all that implies. Although the builtin WMP is ok for some things, for videos, 3rd party free software is usually better, particularly TCPMP. I play movies regularly on my Dash.
    2) It is as "compatible" with Vista as anything else out there, particularly if you put on WM6.
    3) It can certainly use 2Gb MICRO SD cards. I don't know about larger cards.
    4) Its main disadvantage over the similar competition (Blackjack, Q) is that it lacks 3G data, only doing EDGE (which is all that Tmo has anyways). It main advantage is that it has WiFi (which is a huge plus in my book). Its battery life is also said to be a bit better. And it can be upgraded to WM6 now, if you wish (not uniformly a good thing). The other somewhat annoying "feature" of the Dash is the JOGGR scrolling strip on the side, instead of a scrolling wheel. It is a good idea on paper, but I think most people agree that a scrolling wheel like the Q would have been better. But it is not a fatal flaw...
    5) Yes, very happy. Makes you wonder why Palm can't seem to build Treos that aren't bricks. Dash has all the hardware that a Treo has and more (WiFi), minus a touch screen. So why does a Treo need to be a centimeter thicker ???
    Thank you very much for this.
    Yes I read about it not being 3G, which there is nothing I can do abotu that and I am fine with what Tmobile offers (EDGE) I also read about the JOGGR and how some people have tweaked it, so I am reading up on that. Other than that I think I would be happy with it.
    Thanks again for your help!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast