Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: JAVA apps now working with TMobileWeb proxy w/ Nokia

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've tried using the .prov file for T-Mobile USA, and after setting it as my default config, I still am getting "Application access set to not allowed" when I try to run Google Maps, Gmail, and Opera. I am using a 6133. Any help would be appreciated!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidavi
    Did you try using Bluesoleil like unrealii said?
    Yep, I was using BlueSoleil. Has anyone gotten it to work on the 8801?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 (unlocked Euro)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by socio
    I've tried using the .prov file for T-Mobile USA, and after setting it as my default config, I still am getting "Application access set to not allowed" when I try to run Google Maps, Gmail, and Opera. I am using a 6133. Any help would be appreciated!
    This is because T-Mobile has restricted the phone to not allow JAVA apps access to the network. The only way to get around this is to have your phone unbranded. Search to find out how.

Ravi

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hm... doesnt work on the Nokia 7280 either. Not sure if it was meant for that phone though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olouie99
    Hm... doesnt work on the Nokia 7280 either. Not sure if it was meant for that phone though.
    Um just to make sure ... you're sending the .prov file right? (and NOT the .wml file).

I've only tested it on my 6131, but the script *should* work on any S40 v2/v3 device.

Ravi

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidavi
    Um just to make sure ... you're sending the .prov file right? (and NOT the .wml file).

I've only tested it on my 6131, but the script *should* work on any S40 v2/v3 device.

Ravi
    Yep sending the .prov file. Just confirmed with my friend that it doesnt work on his 8800 either and he is using a mac and I am using a PC. So it appears like not all handsets can use it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm well I don't have anything but my 6131 to test with, so I'll have to rely on others who are willing to test the script. It's easy to download&compile libwbxml, and use that to create a new script ... see the README on how to do this, and also for a link to Nokia's provisioning docs.

It may just be that the .prov file (which is a binary) was corrupted during download or something, and creating it from scratch will give you a working .prov file. Who knows!

Thanks!
    Ravi

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the great work in putting it together. I guess not all S40 v2/v3 phones are created a like ha ha. Too bad too.

Device(s)
    current: n900,5800,Razr v3re
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobizzle
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olouie99
    Yep, I was using BlueSoleil. Has anyone gotten it to work on the 8801?
    Did you do an object push?

edit: oops nevermind

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealii
    Did you do an object push?

edit: oops nevermind
    Yep object push. No go on the 8801 or 8800. Strange that it works on some and not others. Too bad too since they are such sweet looking phones.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I have to get this information from another source.

Thanx
    btunyo

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300a
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much. This is great!

I got it working on my Nokia 6300.

Opera mini works
    Gmail works
    Google maps works

I can even tether my 6300 to my laptop via bluetooth and surf the net.

Feedback Score
    heres another question on nokia 8801, i got a cell phone that had no settings in it for Rogers wireless, they sent me a bunch of ip addresses user names and passwords URL and APN one is called, GO RODGERS, the other is ROGERS INTERNET, and the last one is MMS how and where does a person put these setting in there Rogers wireless cell phone?? again i got this cell phone with no programing in it for those things it was bought privately and unlocked

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KullRock
    heres another question on nokia 8801, i got a cell phone that had no settings in it for Rogers wireless, they sent me a bunch of ip addresses user names and passwords URL and APN one is called, GO RODGERS, the other is ROGERS INTERNET, and the last one is MMS how and where does a person put these setting in there Rogers wireless cell phone?? again i got this cell phone with no programing in it for those things it was bought privately and unlocked
    Please do not post unrelated questions in a thread (this is NOT a general 8801 questions thread). First search, otherwise start a new thread, or go to the Rogers Wireless forum page and look around there.

And welcome to HoFo.
    Ravi

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Have any windows users been successful yet on putting this file onto their Nokia via Bluetooth? I tried using the Right Click -> Send File...->Send via Bluetooth option but it still just sticks the file on my phone and doesn't actually change any settings.

If anyone has been successful please share your secrets

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast