Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: JAVA apps now working with TMobileWeb proxy w/ Nokia

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 (unlocked Euro)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marffeus
    Have any windows users been successful yet on putting this file onto their Nokia via Bluetooth? I tried using the Right Click -> Send File...->Send via Bluetooth option but it still just sticks the file on my phone and doesn't actually change any settings.

If anyone has been successful please share your secrets
    The answer has already been posted by unrealii (read this thread), and it's also in the README. Use BlueSoleil on windows.

Ravi

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yea, I've been trying to use BlueSoleil but whenever I bring up the File Trasnfer option, it will still just stick the file on my phone. I'll keep messing with it though.

EDIT:

OK figured it out, I had to use the "Business Card" push but select all file types and then browse to the file and it worked perfectly.

Thanks Ravi
    Last edited by Marffeus; 05-24-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thank you so much, ravidavi! i got my opera and gmaps working again.... you are the best!!!

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1 (White)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks ravidavi. GMaps, Gmail, and Opera Mini are all functional again. THANK YOU sooooo much.

You rule, man.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    Mobily
    Feedback Score
    I am using BlueSoleil. I went under "My Services>>Properties". On the "Object Push" tab, i select the .prov file as My Business Card. Click OK and come to main window.

Using the Bluetooth Object Push Service, i send business card to my phone by clicking on "Send Card" option. The phone receives it as bluetooth message. When i click on it, it says "Messaging: Feature not supported"

I am using Nokia N95 which is Series 60 device, do you think that should cause the problem? I looked in OMA doc for S60 and all tags are the same. it should work.

Please share exact steps to follow to get the prov file to device on windows.

Much appreciated!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think the .prov is mean for a S40 v2/v3 phone, but even then it doesnt work on every phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't have an S60 phone so I can't do much for them. I was under the impression that the S60 UI allowed you to enter proxy information from the phone itself ... am I wrong??

Ravi

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    Mobily
    Feedback Score
    No you are right, the default access point has "Advance Settings" where you can put the proxy settings and i do have the right Tmo proxy settings there for AP defined as "T-Zones".

Nokia web browser, nokia built-in email client i.e. all native apps can go on the internet without any problem using "T-Zones" access point..

The problem comes when i try to launch any java apps (e.g Google Maps, Gmail app, Opera Mini) and they try to access internet. On start those apps as usual ask me what access point to use. I select the same "T-Zones" and none of them can access the internet.

Just to prove to myself that i am not doing anything wrong, i subscribed to $29.99 T-Mobile Total Internet for a day and surely enough all java apps started working as long as i had the $29.99 plan. But i am not going to pay $29.99 anytime soon!

Your post gave me hope that i can get all java apps working. I do not have any idea how can i get the java apps to work with $5.99 TMO Web plan and Nokia N95.

Device(s)
    current: n900,5800,Razr v3re
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobizzle
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paracha3
    I am using BlueSoleil. I went under "My Services>>Properties". On the "Object Push" tab, i select the .prov file as My Business Card. Click OK and come to main window.

Using the Bluetooth Object Push Service, i send business card to my phone by clicking on "Send Card" option. The phone receives it as bluetooth message. When i click on it, it says "Messaging: Feature not supported"

I am using Nokia N95 which is Series 60 device, do you think that should cause the problem? I looked in OMA doc for S60 and all tags are the same. it should work.

Please share exact steps to follow to get the prov file to device on windows.

Much appreciated!
    Right click on that and tab and go to send objects. By default it is set to send business card.
    Last edited by unrealii; 05-26-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Device(s)
    W810i
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know browsers like opera provides the proxy option.. I have seen this option in my friends nokia mobile set
    Last edited by moazam; 05-27-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidavi
    Can't be done unfortunately. Provisioning files are designed to not be editable, and files sent over the air to your phone are immediately applied and not retrievable.

Ravi

Oh boy, great work!!!! but i am still having a hard time....i succesfully tranfered the files to my NOKIA 8801 but it doesn't allow me to save as an application! It rather wants to save it in the gallery folder and that doesn't help in applicatioons....Am i missing something ???Please help!

Also i am using the cingular (usa) files

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by encorelui2
    Oh boy, great work!!!! but i am still having a hard time....i succesfully tranfered the files to my NOKIA 8801 but it doesn't allow me to save as an application! It rather wants to save it in the gallery folder and that doesn't help in applicatioons....Am i missing something ???Please help!

Also i am using the cingular (usa) files
    I have same problem. No way to fix it.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I'm curious if you have any idea how to get java appls working with my Nokia 9300. Its an S80 phone.

So few people use it that its so hard to find any information on it

All my java apps stopped working this week... google maps, gmail, opera mini, etc.

I pay those sucker T-mobile $5.99 for TmobileWeb and this is what they give me. They said they dont support third party apps or phones, so their customer support is useless.

Please help if you have a way out of this!!! I have my default proxy for HTTP/HTTPS set to 216.155.165.050 : 8080

thanks!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rolexel
    Hi,

I'm curious if you have any idea how to get java appls working with my Nokia 9300. Its an S80 phone.

So few people use it that its so hard to find any information on it

All my java apps stopped working this week... google maps, gmail, opera mini, etc.

I pay those sucker T-mobile $5.99 for TmobileWeb and this is what they give me. They said they dont support third party apps or phones, so their customer support is useless.

Please help if you have a way out of this!!! I have my default proxy for HTTP/HTTPS set to 216.155.165.050 : 8080

thanks!
    Well the $5.99 was never really suppose to work with all those apps it just the workaround that allows it to sort of work. So yeah they are not going to help you, esp when it was never suppose to work anyways.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

OTA method of provisioning

Hey all,

plutino over at Nokia Forums found this software that lets you send provisioning files to your phone OTA. It directly takes the .wml file, so you don't have to compile it into the .prov file first.

If you can't get the file to transfer right via bluetooth, you might wanna try this method. Here is the link to the ongoing Nokia Forums thread.

Good luck!
    Ravi
    Last edited by ravidavi; 05-28-2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added link to Nokia Forums thread

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast