Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Globalstar GSP-1600 Survival Guide

Feedback Score

Programming

Yes, put in the 00 just like I have in the instructions

Feedback Score
    Ok, I followed your instructions exactly but the phone still goes back in forth between looking for digital and looking for analog service. I even verified the ESN, phone, min, and sid with page plus just now.

This is really a pain. Would you mind calling me Bill and I can go through my menu's with you and maybe you can figure something out? I would happily paypal you $10 for your time.

Thanks,
    Steve

Feedback Score
    where did you go bill? I'm stuck!. This should not be this tough.

Feedback Score

no signal ?

Are you in range of an 800 digital tower ?

The phone was originally built for analog 800 / digital 800 / and satellite.

You need to be sure you are near an 800 digital tower.

There are no 800 ananlog towers any more.

You should get a signal level, even if the phone is not activated.

Try driving around with it and see if you get a signal.

And don't put up the sat antenna ( the big thick one )

Do pull out the little 800 mhz antenna.

If you still get nothing, I will call you.

e-mail me your number

my address is

simard (at) nycap (dot) rr (dot) com

Thanks

Bill

Feedback Score
    Thanks Bill. I think the problem could be no 800mhz towers around. I don't get any signal at all. I'll try it while I'm driving around, but so far it looks like I might be out of luck in the Dallas area.

Thanks again,
    Steve

Feedback Score

Try making a test call

Try calling 611 send or *611 send

This is the number to Verizon Wireless.

This was the first call I made before I activated the phone.

If there is a tower, the call will connect. Even if you have not activated the phone.

Goof Luck

Bill

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

Was just trying to get my GSP-1600 registered with PagePlus, - was wondering if anyone was still on this thread, as it wasn't _that_ long ago..

Every time I input my ESN into PagePlus's system, I get "DEVICE_REJECTED" on checkout.

I double-checked the ESN, and i'm sure the phone has never been reported as stolen; could it be they're rejecting GSP-1600s outright?

Anyone know of any other carriers who will register it?

Feedback Score
    You have to call PagePlus and explain it is a Sat Phone. It can not be activated using the website or automated system.

Once you have a PagePlus account and the phone is active, you can add minutes using the automated system, but you have to talk to a person to get it on their system.

Home this helps

Bill

Feedback Score
    Bill,

Thanks a lot -- I'll be giving that a try as soon as they open. From what I understand, not everyone on the other end of the line there may know what I'm talking about; so hopefully I'll find someone who does. Really do appreciate you posting the steps to activate on the forum though. Will report back.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Okay, well, first things first:

PagePlus would only give me a DN (my number), my SID, and a MIN. (MNSID?)

So, I have:

303-482-XXXX for my DN
    303482XXXX for my MNSID (doesn't match the DN of course on those last 4 digits)

and a SID of 58.

Went through the steps, and still get the "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, if you wish to place a call, you will be connected with an operator..." message. So I'm definitely in range of a tower, but the PagePlus thing doesn't seem to be happening.

I asked her about the MCC, and she said "We don't do that, we just give you the DN, the MIN and SID." -- so I entered 310, (the phone was 000), but i'm guessing that was wrong.

Not sure if I should be going on a quest for that MCC?From what I can tell, the MCC seems to be 310 for... most everything. I BELIEVE this is "Mobile Country Code" but I may be wrong.

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Okay, -- looks like PagePlus got the ESN wrong. They swapped a 3 and a 6; they fixed that and Bill's programming instructions (With MCC of 310) works to allow my phone to make outgoing calls.

I can't, however, receive incoming calls; it says "you have reaced non working number"... Still troubleshooting that one.

Feedback Score

Need MNSID & phone #

The MIN is the MNSID and is different from the phone number

Once you have these 2 pieces of info, programming goes like this:

Menu
    Esn 116000******* ( enter you actual ESN with the 3 zeros as shown, you ESN will show 116 then 7 digits, you need the extra three zeros inbetween )

Option 2
    Cell nam 1
    Phone number: 518-859-1234 ( enter your actual phone number , should have your local area code )

Ok
    Nam 1 home sid 58
    Ok
    Nam 1 name
    Page plus
    Ok
    Basic nam 1 programming complete
    Option 2 more programming
    Nam 1 mcc 310
    Ok
    Nam 1 nmsid
    007162731234 < This is the number that pageplus gives that = MIN , this will be diffeent from your phone number , number shown is jsut for example >
    Ok
    Nam1 cdma directory number
    007162731234 < this is the same as the MIN they give you , number shown for example only >
    Ok
    Nam 1 cdma home sid 1
    58 ( important )
    Ok
    Nam 1 cdma home nid 1
    Ok
    Nam 1 cdma home sid 2
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma home nid 2
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma home sid 3
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma home nid 3
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma home sid 4
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma home nid 4
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma primary ch A
    _283
    OK

Nam 1 cdma second ch a
    _691
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma primary ch B
    _384
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma second ch B
    _777
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA home systerm
    No
    OK
    Nam 1 cdma fornsid term
    No
    Ok
    Nam 1 cdma forn nid term
    No
    Ok
    Nam 1 amps directory number
    518-859-1234 ( enter your real phone number here )
    Ok
    Nam 1 amps home sid
    __58
    Ok

NAM 1 amps first page ch
    _334
    Ok
    Nam 1 amps ctrl ch A
    _333
    Ok
    Nam 1 amps ctrl ch B
    _334
    Ok
    Nam 1 amps auto-reg
    Enabled
    Ok
    Nam 1 cdma lockout sid1
    Ok
    Nam 1 amps lockout sid1
    Ok
    Nam 1 acc. Overload class
    7 (this will be set by the phone )
    Ok
    Back to ANM menu
    exit
    reboot phone
    make a test call to your home number.

Let me know how you make out.

If you don't have the NAM ( which is your actual phone number ) and the MNSID ( MIN ), call PagePlus and get those 2 pieces of info

The NAM will have your area code at the beginning.

Follow the directions substituting where I have noted with your values and it should work.

Bill

Feedback Score
    Set up your voicemail and see if that solves the incoming call problem.

If it still does not receive calls, verify the outgoing number using caller ID on your home phone.

They may have given you the wrong number to program.

The network looks at the ESN and MIN, not the NAM, so they may have given you the wrong incoming number.

Let me know if that is the problem.

Thanks
    Bill

Feedback Score
    Okay, I haven't set up my voicemail yet -- but they gave me a new number to be sure. But it's acting the same way. This time, the MIN/MNSID and DN/# are the same. Which makes it easier.

This is what happens: When I get a call, I hear "You have reached a non working number" -- but then I get a text message from PagePlus saying my balance is low..

I get the text message (On the GSP-1600) every time I call the phone. It might as well be when the phone should be ringing.

Let me try and set up the voicemail here and see what happens. Is there any better way to do this than to call my own #?

Feedback Score
    Ok... Set up voicemail, and it changed the behavior.

Now, when I call my number, I get a fast busy. I no longer get "You have reached a non working number"; I just get the fast busy.

However, whenever I call it - even though I get the fast busy - I still get a text message from PagePlus on the GSP-1600 saying the balance is low!

Strange...

PagePlus also tells me you can dial *73 to see if the number is properly registered on the network -- if its properly registered you will get a fast pulsing sound. (If it's not, youll get 'Welcome to Verizon Wireless'.) I am getting the fast pulsing, so it is registered properly.

Just so strange that whenever I call the number, I get a text on the Globalstar, and a fast busy on the calling end...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast