Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Globalstar GSP-1600 Survival Guide

Feedback Score
    Something is not right.

What number shows on the caller ID when you call out from the phone ?

Is it the same as the NAM that is programmed into the phone ?

If it is, give it an hour and if it still is not working, call them and have them call your phone

Feedback Score
    Yup, it's the NAM that I programmed into the phone. To call it back, I just use the call-last-number function on the phone I called.

She did try to call it, and got the same result; thats why she set up a new number for me -- (which i reprogrammed in) which did the same thing.

I'll give it some time; but i'm wondering -- some of the options towards the end, like "HomeSys Term" and "FornSID Term" were set to YES by default on my phone. "Auto-Reg" was set to "hide", but thats AMPS and shouldn't matter... Do you know anything about these values?

I can absolutely receive text messages on the phone; I can make outgoing calls, so it seems a lot of it is working. And, when I call the number, though I get the fast busy or "non working number", that's when it sends a text message to my phone about my balance. So there is SOMETHING relating that incoming DN to the phone.

I did try adding $10 to the account; i dont get the nag on dialout anymore, but i still get the strangeness on incoming calls.

Best thing to do now, I suppose, is wait and see.

Feedback Score
    OKAY. BIG HUGE UPDATE:

Strange. I did this, and now its working:

NAM MCC: 000
    HomeSys Term: yes
    FornSID Term: yes
    FornNID Term: yes
    Auto-Reg: hide

Everything is working PERFECTLY.

-I do NOT have to place an outgoing call to receive incoming calls to the number when first turning the phone on.
    -Incoming calls ARE NOW WORKING.
    -Voicemail and text messages are working.

This thing is now 100%.

Thanks A LOT, Bill. This thread is a hell of a resource for GSP-1600 users.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the info

I will have to try setting the MCC to 000 as well.

I hated having to dial out to be able to receive calls.

Thanks

Bill

Feedback Score
    Bill,

May want to try the "HomeSystem Term"=yes, too. Let us know how that goes; having a solid guide for programming these I think would be great for others.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. It helped me big time and due to the experiences posts the actual programming time was just a fraction of how long I was on hold with PagePlus. At first, I thought I had hit a dead end with the person I was talking with, but with a bit of small talk, she put me on hold, asked the other CS reps and ended up escalating my call to someone who knew exactly all of the info that I was asking for.

I have a question that maybe you guys know the answer to. I have a new phone that was previously activated, tested and held onto for emergency purposes. Is there a way around the code at MENU>6? I tried the last 4 numbers of the previously activated account as well as my new number. No go. Am I able to change it in any of the program menus or am I **** out of luck? Thanks!

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just reactivated my 1600 on PagePlus, thanks for the instructions, they still work great.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint - Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I just successfully activated my GSP-1600 on PagePlus.

It was a 'new in the box phone' that I bought a couple of years ago and never got around to messing with, so it ended up in my closet until a few days ago when I came across it again. It was looking mighty lonely in that closet so I brought it out and decided to activate it which led me to a search, and here is where I landed.

I followed the instructions on this thread and it is working perfectly.

When I called PagePlus I decided to keep what I already knew to my self and just play dumb, so after I gave her the ESN# she asked for the model of phone, I said Kyocera QCP-860. She then said to enter *22890 which I knew would not work, when I told her it said 'over the air programming failed' she said no problem, then looked up the model number I provided her (QCP-860) and gave me instructions on how to manually program it, I pretended to follow along as I used the information learned from this thread. She gave me the following 3 things:

Phone#
    MIN# (same as NMSID)
    SID#

She stayed on the phone with me while I entered the information then let it reboot, then she told me to make a test call which worked perfectly.

Thanks to everyone on the thread for your help.

Here is the procedure I followed from this thread:

Menu
    ESN 116000***** (asterisks are substituted for privacy)
    Option 2
    NAM 1
    Phone # 843-509-****
    Ok
    NAM 1 Home SID 127 (Depends on where you live)
    Ok
    NAM 1 Name
    PagePlus (for display, put PagePlus or whatever, it doesn't seem to affect anything)
    Ok
    Basic NAM 1 Programming is Complete
    [options]
    NAM 1 Optns
    Option2 More Prog
    NAM 1 MCC 310
    Ok
    NAM 1 NMSID
    00843810**** (different from phone#)
    Ok
    NAM 1 CDMA Directory #
    843-810-**** (same as NMSID#)
    Ok
    NAM 1 CDMA Home SID 1
    Ok
    NAM 1 CDMA Home NID 1
    Ok
    NAM 1 CDMA Home SID 2
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Home NID 2
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Home SID 3
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Home NID 3
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Home SID 4
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Home NID 4
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Primary CH A
    _283
    OK

NAM 1 CDMA Second CH A
    _691
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Primary CH B
    _384
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA Ssecond CH B
    _777
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA HomeSys Term
    Yes
    OK
    NAM 1 CDMA FornSID Term
    YES
    Ok
    Nam 1 CDMA FornNID Term
    Yes
    Ok
    Nam 1 AMPS Directory number
    843-509-**** (same as phone#)
    Ok
    Nam 1 AMPS Home SID
    __127
    Ok

NAM 1 AMPS 1st Page CH
    _333
    Ok
    Nam 1 AMPS Ctrl CH A
    _334
    Ok
    Nam 1 AMPS Ctrl CH B
    _334
    Ok
    Nam 1 AMPS Auto-reg
    Enabled
    Ok
    Nam 1 CDMA LkOut SID 1
    Ok
    Nam 1 AMPS LkOut SID 1
    Ok
    Nam 1 Acc. Overld Class
    Ok
    Back to NAM Program Menu
    Then Press END Button, After Reboot start enjoying your phone.

I'm not really concerned about not having E-911, it depends on a good GPS signal to the phone in order to report your position accurately enough to find you. Besides if I can't last long enough to tell them where I am then I'm probably going to already be with my maker by the time they find me !!!!!

Feedback Score
    hello, I hope someone on this forum can help me. I bought a GSP 1600, activated it through globalstar, it works great for calling and text, my problem is getting it all configured to tether it to my laptop as a packet data modem. My laptop is WIN7. I have an accessory cord with a serial plug and a serial to USB adapter with the RDTI chipset and it and the driver should be compatible with WIN7. I have installed the driver for the usb adapter, and the COM port shows up on my computer devices screen as COM30. I went to the globalstar website and they have a packet data modem driver that i am trying to install but the wizard cannot seem to "find" my sat phone. The computer seems to be able to see the USB-to-serial adapter OK, but I have no way to check to make sure the accessory plug for the phone is working properly. I have all the user guides and they address OS installations up to WIN Vista but not for WIN 7. Does anyone know if WIN 7 will work with this phone as a packet modem? if so, any pointers on getting it all configured?

Device(s)
    Original Silver Cingular V3 RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular--thinking about Sprint!
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Uh oh...

UPDATE: I got it activated, but had to fight the same girl at PP customer service AGAIN! Between her talking too fast and not repeating back anything, it seems she didn't hear the ESN right but didn't tell me until I repeated it to her again incidentally. Once I got her to cooperate, it's now working. Sorry for the wasted space.

Guys, I don't know if I just said the wrong thing, but I just had a girl at Page Plus tell me they wouldn't activate something that old. After going through a bunch of OTA programming codes, the last thing she asked me is if it had been activated on Verizon Prepaid before, and I said I didn't know. Then she said that they would only activate Verizon or Alltel prepaid phones on the network, besides their own, and she refused to go any further. Like I said, I'm guessing I said the wrong thing somewhere, but the call run-down of earlier posts was very different from mine, so I'm wondering if they're not activating CDMA phones anymore now that they're converting to LTE.

Any suggestions? One idea I'm thinking is trying to take it to one of the small Mexican cell phone stores and letting them fight with PP, but I don't know...

Mike
    Last edited by storkus; 01-27-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8 on Cellular One and Globalstar gsp-1600
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    If you still can't get Page Plus to activate, Just go to ebay and buy a activation for like 99cents and give them the esn. They should not have any issues getting you activated. Then follow the manual programming guide here and you should be working.

Good Luck.

MobileMedic

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How much is globalsat service now?
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    39.95 a month. unlimited.. with the catch that you can't have long calls..

I got my phone just to have for emergencies. Not sure if worth activating on satellite. Just got it today. Here in Phoenix, I've had it outside now with clear view and I can't seem to get the damn thing to stay with signal long enough to even think about a *611 call.

As far as activating the CDMA Side. I did it today. Was extremely fast. Bought a activation on eBay for 99cents and that gave me 2 dollars in calling as well. Bought, Emailed the ESN, Activated in 5 min.
    Programmed the phone, took 2 min. Made test call. Running on Verizon just fine.

So at least that part works. Will compliment my Boost Mobile phone that gets crap service on way to Vegas or North of Flagstaff.

Anyone with working Globalstar .. Comment on getting the phone to a Usable mode?

Found a Debug menu.. was trying to find a satellite signal meter or something to show its talking or anything.. Menu 4, 0, 0, and the svc code 000000. Hit info to scroll the menus.

Well.. Hopefully a few will comment and can get some good info on current state of Globalstar.

MobileMedic

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    also found this info tonight

Q: How do I test my Globalstar phone?
    A: To test your Globalstar phone and to ensure that it is
    working properly, call the following number from the
    handset: #8378 (#TEST). This is a free call

Too late to go outside now. Will test tomorrow when I go to mountains away from Town.

MobileMedic

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular One
    Feedback Score
    As in the White Tank Mountains outside of Phoenix today and had about the same results with the phone. was able to get signal pretty quick but it would max signal then zero then max then zero. Its not active on Globalstar yet and I guess it could the be reason if its being rejected or its searching for other providers... Not sure exactly how the Globalstar side works.. Would assume it to work like any other CDMA service but no so.

So unable to do any testing with the Satellite Side. Anyone have any input?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast