Thread: TELUS Chocolate HARD RESET (how to!)

Feedback Score

TELUS Chocolate HARD RESET (how to!)

Hi All!
    So, I played with bitpim, a chocolate vx8500, a usb cable... and an hackers mind... so I locked the phone bad enough so it wouldn't boot!
    (stuck @ lg screen... never loads the Sparks animation!!)

I TRIED REALLY HARD to find the way to do a "hard reset" on forums.. and never found it ... so I went trial and errors.. and FOUND IT !

TELUS LG "chocolate" vx8500 - HARD RESET - (howto
    1: remove the battery
    2: hold the phone sideways, with the camera/music/on off buttons facing up!
    3: HOLD ON TO ALL 3 BUTTONS (cam/music/on\off) + the microphone button on the other side and put the battery in ! wait till you see
    FILE SYSTEM LOADING (please wait, do NOT POWER OFF THE UNIT WHILE LOADING!!!)

.. well.. you will have a BLANK phone... zip nada.. no contacts NOT EVEN A WORKING SERVICE ! needs to be re-activated!!!! but... after a quick call to the provider, you will once again have a working phone... and a good leasson learned... yeah... there's always the reset... keep foolin around !!! hehe

Feedback Score
    fyi: I was playing with the "contentinfo" file trying
    to load some apps/games... seems like the phone didnt like
    my modifications to the "contentinfo" file.. BE WARNED!
    music/ringtones/wallpapers through the filesystem in bitpim is fine.. but
    games and apps are a PAIN!
    -mad

Feedback Score

Hard reset

I tried and didn't worked for me on a Verizon VX8500R, it should be the same?
    If it's how long I have to hold the buttons?
    Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Feedback Score

the model will vary from provider to provider...
    here in canada, bell and telus offers it but it's a diff phone...
    the bell model is more like the kg800 ...
    but ... really dont do it..
    I had to turn the phone up for repairs since the firmware that loads cant be registered anymore (the esn is 0000000's all the way) ...
    dont do that... unless you are playing with a phone you dont plan to register and that your're just hacking with...
    (ie: trying to modify the catalog files to add your own java apps... handy when you brick the phone up... at least you have a hard reset /load unusable firmware to test as a plan b)

cheers.

Phone
    BlackBerry Bold 9780, iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madlogik
    the model will vary from provider to provider...
    here in canada, bell and telus offers it but it's a diff phone...
    the bell model is more like the kg800 ...
    but ... really dont do it..
    I had to turn the phone up for repairs since the firmware that loads cant be registered anymore (the esn is 0000000's all the way) ...
    dont do that... unless you are playing with a phone you dont plan to register and that your're just hacking with...
    (ie: trying to modify the catalog files to add your own java apps... handy when you brick the phone up... at least you have a hard reset /load unusable firmware to test as a plan b)

cheers.
    You should edit that in to the first post, just in case some people are eager to try and don't read the rest of the thread.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Warning

for some reason I cant edit my initial post... (but I can edit replies)
    I repeat: there is no (edit) button on my 1st post to edit it !

Do NOT ATTEMPT TO HARD RESET YOUR PHONE!
    Why??? Because the software that it loads onto your phone, at least in my case, is unusable and you cant simply copy and paste files from another phone using bitpim in case you believe so... (my gf and I have the same phone ... black and white)
    you will still have an esn of 00000000000 (unusable) and even at my telus repair shop (next door) they couldnt re-image the phone, even with the *something service to re-program the phone... the circuit inside had to be replaced!!!

thanks for your attention...

now : if you are trying to do something (hacking) something up with this phone, you can STILL DO the hard reset, and try again on what you are testing.,.. (as long as it doesnt require a "connection" ) and try , brick and reset the night away if you wish... once it works though... simply re-reset the phone for the last time, and bring it back (legally: explaining that you were playing with your phone's inside and are aware of the ABUSE fee.... ) .. or more something alike...
    "I donno man... I was holdin my phone ... putting the battery in... but instead of the telus logo, I saw.. loading system files... and since then I havent got service!!!" ... believe me.. your phone is WIPED CLEAN after that hard reset...
    (you still have access to all the apps and menu.. but I REPEAT: you CANNOT GET SERVICE after you have done the HARD RESET . )

... ((should be clear enough)) ...

Feedback Score
    Excelent Thanks

Phones
    HTC Titan XV6800 FLashed TO CricKet
    Sprint Q9c FULLY Flashed To Cricket Working Wap and MMS and WM 6.1
    Lg VU HaCKeD and JacKeD AT&T
    Carriers
    CriCKEt
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

thanks worked on flashed Verizon vx8500 to cricket phone Was stuck in boot loop
    *228 restored service also no complete wipe as you stated
    Esn Still in Tact

ThanX Alot Anyway

Feedback Score

this thread is a zombie

This thread really is a zombie...
    every year.. some one adds something to this thread!!!
    Well glad it worked out for you my friend!

btw: 6 oct 2009, and I still have that lg chocolate phone!
    I had the microphone break up, the screen cracked ... but it'S still holding on!
    (I was expecting the slider to fall apart quickly!)

April 18, 2010 marks the date where I'll switch to something else... and I sure hope the iPhone 4G (and the 4G network) will be up by then!!!

l8r all. peace
    (AND PLEASE, let this thread die!!!)

Feedback Score

Cool Re!

April 18th 2010 has passed and gone!
    I was googling myself and I found this thread and had a laugh!
    I no longer have ANY cellphone!

I have an iPad + Skype and Emails and I LIVE HAPPY WITH THAT !!! =)
    (people complain over my voice on skype 3g... still they get 98% of what i'm saying... good enough!)

So, I started madlogik.com a little while back... have a read I posted info about getting a usa based vpn working over Roger's 3G network... (yeah.. no longer with Telus either!!! ) =)

I'm glad this trick helped some of you over the years... I'm still the same tinkering kinda guy, but I have not met the right people in my life yet to become rich... (I want a Porsche so badly...) and I still don't have a clear vocation... I touch a little bit of EVERYTHING working with some cpu...

Long Live HowardForums.com!