Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Bubble Breaker High Score

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    24
    Phones
    T-Mobile DASH
    N-Gage QD
    Nokia N90
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Bubble Breaker High Score

    I just wanted to write in and say something about Bubble Breaker...

    I have played several games of it on my Dash 300+ and my average high score was 603. My highest score was 1784 and my big burst was 997.

    That being said...

    I had about the same scores as what I've seen throughout this forum...

    Last night, 05.15.07, I installed Windows 6 on my T-Mobile Dash. I played just 1 game of Bubble Breaker this morning since I was a little early for work. I scored 12,814. My big burst was 5,700 (I had two of these in this single game). Here's what happened... While I was playing, I grouped a bunch of blue together for a big burst of about 182 in the early part of the game. After I broke off those blue, I got a huge amount of blue again, that would have bursted for about 2,000+. Instead of breaking them, I worked around the blue and tried to get more added. What I had as a result was about 1/2 of my screen solid blue. I did this burst and got 5,300. I repeated these steps again and got 5,700. I can take a photo from another phone and post it of my scores too. No fowl play. No hacks. No nothing. Just a single game, with a score of 12,814.

    So, I am curious now... Is there a way, through special tactics, that you can get all of one color to be added in? Or was this a wild coincidence? Or was this something to do with the Windows 6 update? Does anyone have more information? Who makes the game? Is there a site with more info about it? I love this game and play a lot here and there, but I think there might be more to it.

    Thank you.
    -Michael

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    36
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can confirm this weird blue stuff. I had burst of 1560 and it was blue also. The new blocks were all blue and I clicked them. Rinse and repeat to 8584. I think it may be a program glitch and not your mad skilz!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    173
    Phones
    t-mobile dash w/wm6.1 (for sale - make me an offer)
    t-mobile G1 (billing info received)
    Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles Omg!

    Quote Originally Posted by N90QD
    I just wanted to write in and say something about Bubble Breaker...

    I have played several games of it on my Dash 300+ and my average high score was 603. My highest score was 1784 and my big burst was 997.

    That being said...

    I had about the same scores as what I've seen throughout this forum...

    Last night, 05.15.07, I installed Windows 6 on my T-Mobile Dash. I played just 1 game of Bubble Breaker this morning since I was a little early for work. I scored 12,814. My big burst was 5,700 (I had two of these in this single game). Here's what happened... While I was playing, I grouped a bunch of blue together for a big burst of about 182 in the early part of the game. After I broke off those blue, I got a huge amount of blue again, that would have bursted for about 2,000+. Instead of breaking them, I worked around the blue and tried to get more added. What I had as a result was about 1/2 of my screen solid blue. I did this burst and got 5,300. I repeated these steps again and got 5,700. I can take a photo from another phone and post it of my scores too. No fowl play. No hacks. No nothing. Just a single game, with a score of 12,814.

    So, I am curious now... Is there a way, through special tactics, that you can get all of one color to be added in? Or was this a wild coincidence? Or was this something to do with the Windows 6 update? Does anyone have more information? Who makes the game? Is there a site with more info about it? I love this game and play a lot here and there, but I think there might be more to it.

    Thank you.
    if I was a girl, i'd sooo let you hit it. (actually, i wouldn't)

    j/k!! i'll see if i get the same results once i upgrade to wm6.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,200
    Phones
    iPhone 16gig 3.0 Jailbroken/unlocked.
    9530, 8520, 8320, 8220, 8700
    Treo 650 (the original Jesus phone)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile unlimited everything.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Its a glitch in WM6. I scored over 15,000. If you go to application data/bubble breaker and delete the preference file BB will be reset and the high score game will happen again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    730
    Phones
    Samsung d820/e715
    Dash/Wing
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have no idea how to play this game. My gf keeps beating me at it and i can never seem to get the scores as she does. but ya congrats on 12,000+

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    24
    Phones
    T-Mobile DASH
    N-Gage QD
    Nokia N90
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan2dope
    I can confirm this weird blue stuff. I had burst of 1560 and it was blue also. The new blocks were all blue and I clicked them. Rinse and repeat to 8584. I think it may be a program glitch and not your mad skilz!
    Ha, I think you're right about the glitch. I've been talking with Frank at oopdreams software, the company that designed "Bubblets", actually called "Bubble Breaker" for the Dash. He had no information on this and I forwarded this Howard Forums thread over to him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    24
    Phones
    T-Mobile DASH
    N-Gage QD
    Nokia N90
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderMac
    Its a glitch in WM6. I scored over 15,000. If you go to application data/bubble breaker and delete the preference file BB will be reset and the high score game will happen again.
    Great info Xander. Thanks a bunch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15
    Phones
    Blackberry 8700G
    T-Mobile Dash
    Motorola i870
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    0
    I too had this happen to me..

    playing MegaShift, had the score of 12174 with a Big Burst of 5852

    wm6, dash
    Serenity Now!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,200
    Phones
    iPhone 16gig 3.0 Jailbroken/unlocked.
    9530, 8520, 8320, 8220, 8700
    Treo 650 (the original Jesus phone)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile unlimited everything.
    Feedback Score
    0
    16528 Now, I love this bug!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    24
    Phones
    T-Mobile DASH
    N-Gage QD
    Nokia N90
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderMac
    16528 Now, I love this bug!!!!
    I love it too, but it's a shame it only occurs once. Even though we are using the WM6 exploit and getting 16k, others are getting as high as 50k without cheating...

    Look at the top score posts from the oopdreams site...

    http://www.oopdreams.com/ce/bubblets/high_scores.php

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    This thread looks old...but I have something new about Bubble Breaker - Me thinks ;-)

    Ok, so I have a pantech duo and bubble breaker came standard.
    I don't know if it is a bug or not, but "sometimes" while playing I can actually select the "white" area of the screen (all the area that does not have ANY bubbles at all) to actually give big bursts.... I scored my highest doing this at 28000 points in a single game LOL

    It does not always happen, but I am wondering what triggers it?
    I want to know how to duplicate it at will, obviously it's not very fair to others that play against me if I happen to get lucky and have that take place....

    But really, the white screen area actually lets me select it and acts like bubbles of the same color...only nothing is there!
    And it will keep letting you do it over and over again until something finally happens and it stops letting you do it, then the game ends and leaves you with an astronomically high score, I mean come on, 28k points in one game?
    LOL

    Anyone else know anything about this? How to duplicate it?

    Thanks!

Bookmarks