Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nokia 6300-Operator logo

Phones
    HTC X01HT (TYTN)
    Motorola V3
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    So you don't need a product code with that phone? You just do a reset with NSS and it's ok? Does this erase all thine in the memory and car I restore with the PC suite bacup/recover utility?

Thank you for your help.

Phones
    Nokia 6300b UNBRANDED (gorgeous)
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I haven't figured out a restore procedure yet but don't know why you'd need it unless you're concearned about warranties etc...All I know is that I can now use MP3's as ringtones, the audio is much louder, I have a PTT icon and a new IM icon, and I can now use the email client people thought Fido forgot to include.
    FIDO or ROGERS ?

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    sweet! 100 posts by me

Phones
    Nokia 6300
    RAZR v3
    Nokia 7210/
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Yes, please tell me more about the NSS method. What is NSS and how can I use it to tweak the phone in this manner?

Thanks.

Phones
    HTC X01HT (TYTN)
    Motorola V3
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I confirm! I do just that and the phone now use any mp3 as ringtones. All the rest is still there. I lost no applications or files but the settings are gone. You stillhave the fido logo and the dog but the mp3 is ok.

The difference with changing the product code is with that all the carrier customisations logos etc are gone and the phone became a plain nokia phone but as long as the mp3 worked I can live with the dog!

Also, if you want to change the languages of the phone you need to change the product code because this code tell the nokia updater wich country and carrier the phone belongs to. I change my N80 from chinese to european with this method.

For those who don't know NSS is a small program available free on the web it's use to change different settings and reset on the nokia phones (not unlocking)

Phones
    HTC X01HT (TYTN)
    Motorola V3
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I found that the phone says rogers and not Fido as before. This is with an old SIM. With a newer SIM it says nothing and the N80 says rogers with the old and Fido with the new. Strange no? The reset probably erase the identification table of the SIM's. The calandar data is also gone but I easily recover it with the nokia suite restore. The email client is also there. This mean these already there and fido just remove as the mp3.

Phones
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Nokia 6300
    Moto V60i - All time fav
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshi
    I have a PTT icon and a new IM icon,
    Does it get rid of the Fido installed IM app? I have the 2500 instant msgs option with no data package, so I would hate to lose the Fido IM app.

Phones
    HTC X01HT (TYTN)
    Motorola V3
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    No mine is still there, in fact the two icons is the same. They both ask you if you want MSN or Yahoo messenger. Also the newer SIM says Fido now instead of nothing like before.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    You can get rid of the Fido dog by changing the theme to the Nokia theme. I'm looking for a way to delete the Fido theme altogether. Also the new IM icon is the same as the old icon. I'm looking for a way to delete the old icon (no need to have two)

As far as what carrier the phone says, I don't think this has anything to do with the phone itself. Carrier info is stored on the SIM. I have a SM32.a SIM and my phone says fido.ca, then it switches to Fido...Then again sometimes it says ROGERS if the Rogers signal is stronger where I am.

Feedback Score

Rattle...

Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy-ATM
    thanks Gadgetmon, sounds like the flash is exactly what I need then.

Does anyone else's 6300 have a rattle from the antenna area when they shake the phone?

If it's just mine, i want to send it back for a replacement.
    Mine developed a rattle as well...it didn't start out with it, though. Not sure if I should send it back or...any thoughts?

Phones
    16GB Black iPhone 4
    Gold iPhone 5s
    Black iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I sent it back. Going to hold off on getting a replacement for a while though. I am hoping maybe one day in a month or two it will all of a sudden have email.

Phones
    HTC X01HT (TYTN)
    Motorola V3
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Mine has this little rattle when shaken. Maybe it's the on switch or the camera. It's probably normal since lot of people seems to got it.

Phones
    BlackBerry
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung Nexus S
    Carriers
    Simple Mobile
    Feedback Score
    yes i just got the phone and i have a slight rattle also. not a bit deal. i wouldnt return my unit to get a new one, especially if they are going to give me a refurb one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3