Thread: Motorola Q boots to "Motorola Flash Mode"

Feedback Score

Motorola Q boots to "Motorola Flash Mode"

So, I've got a Verizon Motorola Q here that, upon powering on, comes up on a "Motorola Flash Mode, Bootloader Version: BOOT_C_03.08.00R_MPAP, USB Cable Connected" screen (despite there being no USB cable connected), and... does nothing.

The only thing that's happened is that it was just brought into Canada, and was working fine on roaming for a bit... what in god's name just happened to this phone? A search for "motorola flash mode" didn't seem to bring up any relevant results...

Phone
    Motorola Q9m
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if this will help or not.

Last night I did an update from Motorola (www.hellomoto.com/updates).

I had forgot to turn off my firewall and the installation got stalled at the state that you appear to be in now. I turned off the firewall, took the battery out and then put it back in, then plugged in the cable again (all the while the program was running waiting for the connection) and it continued to load the software. It will wipe your phone of all contacts, calendar, etc.

This might help.

Feedback Score
    It looks like the PDS on your has been damaged by incomplete flashing, you will need to get that reapired and the Mp reinstalled before your phone will work normally again.

Feedback Score
    You're seeing the basic boot loader screen which shows up either when 1) there is a problem with the OS or 2) forced into. It allows very basic functionality to flash the phone.

So if you have the latest software, you should be able to flash it safely while in this mode.

Phone
    HP Veer
    Carrier
    Cingular Fits You Best
    Feedback Score
    Take out the battery for a few minutes and if you still have the problem, download the software updater from motorola.com and see if it can load the software.

f it still has problems you need to take it back to your carrier for repair.
    More Bars in More Places.