Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: please help with SD card problem

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question please help with SD card problem

Ok, I have read one thread in here and posted and have not gotten a resolution so let's see if anyone can help. I have a razr maxx and got a 2gb sandisk card for it, but when I install it the phone freezes and reboots then freezes at the verizon screen. If I put a 1gb kingston card in, all's well. I have formatted the card as both FAT (FAT 16), and FAT32 but with still the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas or are there any known issue with sandisk cards and this phone?

Thanks in advance,
    Digikid

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digikid
    Ok, I have read one thread in here and posted and have not gotten a resolution so let's see if anyone can help. I have a razr maxx and got a 2gb sandisk card for it, but when I install it the phone freezes and reboots then freezes at the verizon screen. If I put a 1gb kingston card in, all's well. I have formatted the card as both FAT (FAT 16), and FAT32 but with still the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas or are there any known issue with sandisk cards and this phone?

Thanks in advance,
    Digikid
    Put the microSD card in the phone and the type #4357* go downt to storage devices, pick the microSD and hit format. Reboot the phone and see if you have the same issues. Ill have a few other things that might help.

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    that's not going to work because the phone freezes as soon as the card is inserted. The screen doesn't even pop up that says a card was inserted. Anything else?

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Get a 'NEW' USB card reader from Radio Shack and format the card from the computer that way. Opinions are all over on why that works, but it solves the problem for $12.99. I am using the Model CR-35TD-R. Leave the SD-MicroSD adapter in the piece and be happy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i was thinking about that, but my laptop has one built in that and the laptop is very new....but i will try it. thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i was thinking about that, but my laptop has one built in that and the laptop is very new....but i will try it. thanks.
    I had an integrated one bought around Christmas time which works great. The other readers bought before then were not reliable. The new USB adapter works in all of my 5 machines as stated earlier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, got the usb reader as noted above and still having this issue. I've also tried another reader by sandisk that i had gotten a month ago that was copywritten in 2k7 and that didn't work. Any other ideas guys?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, got the usb reader as noted above and still having this issue. I've also tried another reader by sandisk that i had gotten a month ago that was copywritten in 2k7 and that didn't work. Any other ideas guys?
    Did you return the card and try a new one. It could be the card if you are having so many problems.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    no, but I did have another 2 gb sandisk card that I tried and this is happening with that one as well. maybe it's the phone? is there a seem edit for a 2gb stick?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    no, but I did have another 2 gb sandisk card that I tried and this is happening with that one as well. maybe it's the phone? is there a seem edit for a 2gb stick?
    Then its your phone. Take the memory card with you to a Verizon store and check. If its happening with more then one card its the phone. But I could be wrong. Just try it out and see.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, well thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-A950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsMr.Dude2u
    Put the microSD card in the phone and the type #4357* go downt to storage devices, pick the microSD and hit format. Reboot the phone and see if you have the same issues. Ill have a few other things that might help.

what do you mean by #4357*? where do I enter that?

is it a dial hack? waht the hell are those codes? i see them all the time but dont know where to enter them.

i have heard of ##33284 then send, but whats the deal with that other one?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendodude
    what do you mean by #4357*? where do I enter that?

is it a dial hack? waht the hell are those codes? i see them all the time but dont know where to enter them.

i have heard of ##33284 then send, but whats the deal with that other one?
    Type is as if you were dialing a number. It gives you ESN, Number, all the basic info about your phone without having through go to all the menus to find it.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-A950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    ok, no. i ,on my max ve, type in #4357* and nothing happens.

do i need to be somewhere special? is it ##? what the hell is going on?

wow wow wow, im a tard!
    i have to hold the * for a second, i did not know that

nm, i fingerd it out~!

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anybody tried formatting the card from the phone yet?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Anybody tried formatting the card from the phone yet?
    Yea, I was the one who figured the #4357*, well I hadnt seen it before until I was messing with my phone. But yes, I formatted my card through that menu and it worked perfectly.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendodude
    wow wow wow, im a tard!
    i have to hold the * for a second, i did not know that

nm, i fingerd it out~!
    I never had to hold it down for a second. I just type is as if it was a phone number but im glad you got it working.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I knew about this code from my e815 but had forgotten about it and didn't try it while I had the Maxx.

That is excellent news if it properly formats the card for use in the phone.

We may assume that it does in fact format it using FAT 32?
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman
    I knew about this code from my e815 but had forgotten about it and didn't try it while I had the Maxx.

That is excellent news if it properly formats the card for use in the phone.

We may assume that it does in fact format it using FAT 32?
    I only have a 1GB microSD and my card reader stopped working so I couldnt check if it infact formatted the card in FAT32. I know it properly formats the 1GB but someone with a 2GB and memory card reader would have to check how it formats the card.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-A950
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    i formatted it on the phone, removed it, put the content back on. everything was great... until!

i restarted the phone, took for ever. it has taken 3 minutes for the phone to turn back on.

i call it the VSOD (VerizonScreenOfDeath)
    give it time, it will catch on

so, after 3 minutes of the VSOD and ther red outside screen, the keypad flickered a few times. it is still flickering, still VSOD

coming on 4 minutes, with more flickering of the keypad

4.5 minutes, screen fades to black and fades back to VSOD while keypad flickers... again

Side Note, i really like this phone a lot. it is a good shape and good size, but it just does not work for a damn! anyone notice how much flex this thing has? it twists a lot!

5.5 minutes, vsod flickeres again, fades to black, then back to VSOD
    keypad still flickering

i will wait it out if it takes all night!

6.25 minutes, Reistering applications message appears and phone has finished booting.

after all that, the media player DOES work and i am able to watch my charlie the unicorn video! yay!

so, my phone is beyond a shadow of a doubt defective.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast