Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official HTC S630 (Cavalier) Thread

Feedback Score

Dopod S730 MMS on Tmobile

I recieved my Dopod 730 this morning. I got Email via ActiveSync running, and also text messaging. But Ihaven't figured out yet the settings necessary for MMS.

Has anyone got these settings running yet? I know how to do it on WM5 but this phone is WM6 and it doesn't have the same path that the DASH had (or has)

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

MMS Settings on Cingular - Dopod C730

This is how to do it with Cingular. I believe you would only need to change the settings where appropriate to match what you have for T-Mobile.

MMS Settings Cingular

Open the messaging application;
    Select MMS>menu>settings>menu>MMSC Settings>then delete the settings you don’t need (e.g. 1010); open the default entry and set it as follows:

o Name: Cingular MMS
    o MMSC URL: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    o WAP Gateway: wireless.cingular.com
    o Port 80
    o Connect Via: The Internet
    o Max. Sending Size: (set your preferences – linited to 300K in WM6
    o WAP Version: WAP 2.0

Feedback Score

TMobile MMS problem Dopod C730

So I got the settings below from Tmobile, and put them in. When I try to send an MMS, the little arrow icon shows up on the envelope, and on the top of the creen it shows the animated icon pulsing the diagonal arrow like it's uploading, this goes on awhile, then it stops and a little clock icon appears on the MMS envelope in the folder. And thats it.

So it apparently is working with Cingular? Has anyone actually got it to work with Tmobile?

John I noticed you had a WM6 DASH and now the C730, any comments on comparing them? Maybe I'll go back to my DASH and just upgrade it to WM6.

Setting up the handset

On the handset, press Start.
    Scroll to Settings and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to Connections and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to GPRS and press the Joystick.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to Add and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to Description and enter PictureMessaging.
    Scroll to Connects to and scroll horizontally to WAP Network.
    Scroll to Access point and enter wap.voicestream.com.
    Scroll to User name and enter . Otherwise leave this field blank.
    Scroll to Password and enter . Otherwise leave this field blank.
    Press Done twice.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to Advanced and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to WAP connection and scroll horizontally to PictureMessaging.
    Press Done.
    Press the red End Call button.

Setting up the MMS profile

On the handset, press Start.
    Scroll to Messaging and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to Multimedia Messages and press the Joystick.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to Options and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to Account Settings and press the Joystick.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to MMSC Settings and press the Joystick.
    Press Menu.
    Scroll to New and press the Joystick.
    Scroll to Name and enter PictureMessaging.
    Scroll to MMSC URL and enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms.
    Scroll to WAP gateway and enter 216.155.165.050.
    Scroll to Port and enter 8080.
    Scroll to Connect via and scroll horizontally to WAP Network.
    Press Done.
    Scroll to PictureMessaging and press Menu.
    Scroll to Set as Default and press the Joystick.
    Press the red End Call button to return to the main screen.
    The handset is now configured for Multimedia Messages.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Dash with wm6 at least in my case works very well. There are many who have had issues though and you can find plenty of threads that discuss the pros and cons here at HoFo esp. in the T-Mobile Mobile thread. I much prefer the case material and keybd in the dash to the C730. 3G is working well for me with the C730 but isn't a deal breaker one way or the other as I only use it for light web use and rss feeds. Its mostly a work phone device for me. The biggest plus is the processor speed. It might be hard to go back to the dash after using the C730. The Dash works well; its just that the C730 is noticeably quicker as would be expected.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Okay, I'm officially an idiot. Can some tell me how to set up the HSDPA data connection on the C730? I'm getting an error when I try using the WAP connection using the following settings:

Connects to: The Internet
    Access Point: wap.cingular
    User name: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hello Cavalier early adopters! I was hoping you might be able to help with a few (hopefully easy) requests:

1. Could someone please post some vibrant photos from the camera? Early reviews from Russian Web sites look very gray and washed out, but I'm not sure if that's due to the camera or just the Eastern bloc.

2. How is performance while listening to Bluetooth stereo music? A2DP causes a massive performance hit on my TyTN, so I'm hoping the Cavalier improves in this area.

3. Any insights on when the HTC version of the Cavalier will drop? I saw it's on HTC's Web site (here: http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_s630.htm), so I'm hoping we're close. Any reliable tips?

Thanks all!
    Note: If you need support for your HTC device, please contact HTC Customer Support. I am not a support technician and will not be able to help in most instances.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KeilwerthSX90R
    Okay, I'm officially an idiot. Can some tell me how to set up the HSDPA data connection on the C730? I'm getting an error when I try using the WAP connection using the following settings:

Connects to: The Internet
    Access Point: wap.cingular
    User name: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
    Nevermind. I figured it out.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Inability of Facade, Papyrus, and Agenda One to Display Appts

It seems that the bug related to the inability of Papyrus, Facade, and Agenda One to display appointments on the S730 is related to the use of a localized version of the HK English/Chinese Windows Mobile o/s and Pocket Outlook. SBSH seem to have the most information and are working on a solution. There's a thread in the Facade Spt Forums. I contacted Developer One but haven't heard from them.

Device(s)
    iPhone4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just out of curiousity where have yall been gettin yers? im debating whether to pull the trigger and get a dash off ebay or wait for this phone to come out since my contract expires in 2 weeks with VZW.
    -Cell Phone user since 99
    -Nokia 252 (@ rents), Qualcomm 860 (@ rents), samsung a310 (sold), motorola i50s (@ rents), motorola startac 7868sw (@ rents), LG vx4500 (@rents), LG VX9800 (sold), LG VX8600 (@rents), HTC Dash (sold), Motorola Q9H (i have it), Blackberry Bold 9000 (sold), iPhone 4 (RETURNED), Samsung Captivate (current, rooted)
    -NRA, MOC, MGO, GSSF Member, Certified Glock Armorer

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

Device(s)
    iPHone 3G/HTC X7510
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    Hello Cavalier early adopters! I was hoping you might be able to help with a few (hopefully easy) requests:

1. Could someone please post some vibrant photos from the camera? Early reviews from Russian Web sites look very gray and washed out, but I'm not sure if that's due to the camera or just the Eastern bloc.

2. How is performance while listening to Bluetooth stereo music? A2DP causes a massive performance hit on my TyTN, so I'm hoping the Cavalier improves in this area.

3. Any insights on when the HTC version of the Cavalier will drop? I saw it's on HTC's Web site (here: http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_s630.htm), so I'm hoping we're close. Any reliable tips?

Thanks all!

I can answer one question and I hope the other is true.

First off I have the HTC Cavalier with an older ROM. I use this phone with my SE HBH-970 and the A2DP works much better than it does with my Tytn. I have not come into any problems yet. The switch from taking a call and going back to music has had no issues. I believe you would be happy with it over the Tytn.

As for the release, I keep hearing that HTC will release it and that they won't. I hope they do because I could use an upgrade for this phone. Everytime I ask for a newer ROM they tell me that they dont have one due to the fact that they stopped working on this phone. I'm not sure who to believe.

I dont take any pictures, with or without my phone, so I cant help you there but someone else might be able to.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Regarding Facade

I only have Facade, but there is a beta version that fixes the appts not showing. All I did was post in a thread that talked about the issue and Taylor PM'ed me and gave me the link to the beta.

As for the camera, I only have taken a few pictures in very low light. I thought the same thing about the graying, but I chalked that up to when and where I took the pictures.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indiglo
    I can answer one question and I hope the other is true.

First off I have the HTC Cavalier with an older ROM. I use this phone with my SE HBH-970 and the A2DP works much better than it does with my Tytn. I have not come into any problems yet. The switch from taking a call and going back to music has had no issues. I believe you would be happy with it over the Tytn.

As for the release, I keep hearing that HTC will release it and that they won't. I hope they do because I could use an upgrade for this phone. Everytime I ask for a newer ROM they tell me that they dont have one due to the fact that they stopped working on this phone. I'm not sure who to believe.

I dont take any pictures, with or without my phone, so I cant help you there but someone else might be able to.
    Thanks for the insight, indiglo. Really glad to hear A2DP is much improved on the Cavalier; I'm getting very tired of the occasional skips on my TyTN, so my hope is that faster devices like the Cavalier will make for a more seamless A2DP experience.

Now if only we could confirm HTC's version of this device. I wouldn't mind picking up the Dopod version, but I have it in my head that HTC's version (if there is one) may have a higher resale value due to HTC's better brand recognition in the Western Hemisphere... I dunno.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For others with the Dopod version, I have a couple of quick questions which I can't seem to figure out:

1. Is it possible to get rid of the network connection wizard? It doesn't like ATT and pops up every time I turn the phone on. It's not listed under the uninstall program options.

2. Is it possible to change the key assignment for the voice record button?

Thanks

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbivj
    just out of curiousity where have yall been gettin yers? im debating whether to pull the trigger and get a dash off ebay or wait for this phone to come out since my contract expires in 2 weeks with VZW.
    I used Smart Mobile Gadgets. Regarding your decision, if you are waiting to see if a North American carrier adopts this phone, you might be waiting awhile as no one has announced they will do so. For that matter, there still is no hard evidence that HTC is even going to release their own branded version although logically it would seem that they would. Price-wise, you will do a lot better with the Dash and WM6.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KeilwerthSX90R
    For others with the Dopod version, I have a couple of quick questions which I can't seem to figure out:

1. Is it possible to get rid of the network connection wizard? It doesn't like ATT and pops up every time I turn the phone on. It's not listed under the uninstall program options.

2. Is it possible to change the key assignment for the voice record button?

Thanks
    Haven't been able to do so yet. I got rid of everything in the startup that could be remotely associated and it will still pop up after a soft reset. Haven't tried too hard and I've seen threads elsewhere where others can't figure it out either. It maybe in the rom. It will never recognize any of the North American carrier settings as it is programmed only with Far East setttings.

Are you running the installed Cyberon voice command?

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 ... LastLast