Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official HTC S630 (Cavalier) Thread

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Elbow, like globecode, I only get the network msg on startup after a soft reset and just tell it no. Its no big deal but my company also enforces a device pswd settting and it got hung up a couple times and I had to remove the battery to get it jump started again. I don't get the roaming msgs you are seeing. I've attached the cab I use for Cingular and only needed to tweak the mms settings as detailed in one of my earlier posts.

I'm going to use the information you provided and see if I can do the same thing described in the xda post. That is after I get a good backup with Sprite.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How do you do a soft reset? I looked through the manual and could only find the hard reset.

I tried opening a Word document attachment in BB Connect email and now my email is dead.

Thanks,
    Josh

p.s. BTW, does anyone else's C730 hang a lot? I often get the system working spinning icon when opening apps, emails, etc.
    Last edited by KeilwerthSX90R; 06-14-2007 at 11:09 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Congrates on the Cavalier John.

Quote Originally Posted by KeilwerthSX90R
    How do you do a soft reset? I looked through the manual and could only find the hard reset.

I tried opening a Word document attachment in BB Connect email and now my email is dead.

Thanks,
    Josh

p.s. BTW, does anyone else's C730 hang a lot? I often get the system working spinning icon when opening apps, emails, etc.
    Soft reset by turning it off then on again or take the battery out or use a program to do it. First method is probably the easiest.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Mine doesn't hang at all. I don't use BB Connect.

I will say I am very anal about making sure I close applications I don't need. I don't have too much installed on there yet. I am currently testing browsers between Opera Mini and jb5. My favorite app so far is smarttoolkit, which includes a reset option.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No hang-up issues here either using an exchange server. I also close things right away that I'm not using or planning on using soon. I'm using cele task right now and it has a number of things it will do to include shutd6won and resets from a menu.

globecode, does smarttoolkit allow you to adjust volume settings on the C730 without using the joggr at all. I would like to disable it all together if I had another was to adjust volume.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies. The 'soft reset' method of taking the battery out hasn't alleviated my email problems. I'm wondering if it's BB Connect, even though it was working well for a day or so.

Thankfully Dopod should be releasing a version of BB Connect soon.

Carrier(s)
    at&t mobility
    Feedback Score
    anybody heard about an software update from dopod HK site?

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Chino...See my post #43 on this thread.

John...yes. When you are in a call it is a bit tricky (three to four button pushes to get there)...not very practical. I have pretty much given up on the JOGGR too. It is a nice theory but not as practical as a scroll wheel. Also I am lefthanded so it is even harder for me to control when I am not thinking about it.

The buttons are so well done on this that I would almost rather have a messaging button and back button instead of them in the JOGGR.

Device(s)
    HTC P3600
    Feedback Score
    hi all , my first post on HoFo
    sorry for this stupid question : has the C730 some sort of apps lock ?
    thanx

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stesa
    hi all , my first post on HoFo
    sorry for this stupid question : has the C730 some sort of apps lock ?
    thanx
    Welcome. Can you elaborate? Application locked means that a smartphone is set not to let you install 3rd party software that has not been certified by Microsoft. The C730 is app locked out of the box but can be app unlocked very easily. If that's not what you were referring to, just clarify what you are asking.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Still haven't had a chance to do much with netwiz. I did find HKCU>software>infinitiq>Netwiz contains a number of entries related to netwiz. I'm not savvy enough to know what each and everyone is or if there is a value change that would stop it all together.

Feedback Score
    Hi Guys,

First post for me on HF, been reading lots of post over the years and usually find what I am looking for by searching...but not this time. I need your help.

I got my new c730 yesterday and I am having issues with email: I am not able to reply or create new emails in all of my accounts (outlook, gmail, yahoo). I did see this problem with some experimental roms on my 8525 but I didn't expect to see this on this device. Have any of you have issues like this one ??? Whenever I try to send email, I gen a blank page and nothing else, going back to the inbox doesn't work either. To go back, I need to kill the application...

Device(s)
    HTC P3600
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john1027
    Welcome. Can you elaborate? Application locked means that a smartphone is set not to let you install 3rd party software that has not been certified by Microsoft. The C730 is app locked out of the box but can be app unlocked very easily. If that's not what you were referring to, just clarify what you are asking.
    thanx for your answer and sorry for my english

what I need is the procedure to do apps unlock my C730...

Device(s)
    i9100 Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    this is more of a wm6 question, but since i am using it on a cavalier running wm6 i am asking it here. i am syncing my email with 1and1.com so my device is forcing me to use a device lock password. my problem is that for some reason my test rom sometimes wont recognize the digits i am entering when it asks for a password which means i have to hard reset the device and start over again. i realize that it has switched to t9 and will not allow me to switch back and it does this randomley. i also understand that stuff like this happens sometimes when using a test rom but it is still a pain in the but.

does anyone know how to bypass the need for a password? or, does anyone know where i can download the wm6 dopod rom?

thanks in advance
    SEE MY FEEDBACK HERE
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=579659

past phones:
    Entirely too many phones to list...the search continues

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stesa
    thanx for your answer and sorry for my english

what I need is the procedure to do apps unlock my C730...
    See the helpful tools guide for two cabs that will do what you want to do.

http://wiki.spv-developers.com/HTC_A...n_Unlock_Guide

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast