Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official HTC S630 (Cavalier) Thread

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy
    does anyone know how to bypass the need for a password? or, does anyone know where i can download the wm6 dopod rom?

thanks in advance
    My company forces a password setting thru exchange. When I had the vox, the only way I was sure I could get it to enter right was to use the slide out keybd and hit the function key and the appropriate key that had the number I was entering. I saw a thread recently here in HF somewhere on the subject and someone posted a link to this subject in at MS. Wasn't a whole lot of information that was applicale to my situation.

Haven't see a posting of the ROM. The rom is a little junked up on the C730 for use in North America and there is a startup network wizard that has gotten hung up with the device lock I have to use a couple times. In addtion, as posted earlier in the thread, there is a patch file for the rom that has to be run after a hard reset.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexvato
    Hi Guys,

First post for me on HF, been reading lots of post over the years and usually find what I am looking for by searching...but not this time. I need your help.

I got my new c730 yesterday and I am having issues with email: I am not able to reply or create new emails in all of my accounts (outlook, gmail, yahoo). I did see this problem with some experimental roms on my 8525 but I didn't expect to see this on this device. Have any of you have issues like this one ??? Whenever I try to send email, I gen a blank page and nothing else, going back to the inbox doesn't work either. To go back, I need to kill the application...
    What carrier? What network settings etc. are you using? How did you set it up?

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Update

Quote Originally Posted by john1027
    It seems that the bug related to the inability of Papyrus, Facade, and Agenda One to display appointments on the S730 is related to the use of a localized version of the HK English/Chinese Windows Mobile o/s and Pocket Outlook. SBSH seem to have the most information and are working on a solution. There's a thread in the Facade Spt Forums. I contacted Developer One but haven't heard from them.
    I been testing some patches / workarounds for the issue with John at Developer One and they came up with one that works. It will be incorporated into their next update. Great customer service, imho.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Regarding the Network Wizard. I had to do a hard reset because of the problems I was having (I pretty sure it was the version of BB Connect I was using). Anyway, even after the hard reset I get the Network Wizard.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Did you do the Dopod software update after the hard reset?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. I solved the issue: A program that I installed was causing the problem. I did a hard reset on the phone, I didn't installed any program, set email accounts and everything is working fine. I need to figure out which program is causing the problem. Thanks again.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by globecode
    Did you do the Dopod software update after the hard reset?
    No. I just did the hard reset, which by the way resets the language to Chinese. The only thing I've noticed that's missing is the Voice Command. I had deleted that before the reset but I would think that a reset might reload it from protected memory somewhere (maybe).

I must say, without BB Connect on here, the C730 really moves quickly. No more hanging, everything loads fast.

Also, for anyone wondering about ATT / Cingular HDSPA. I'm getting about 900kbps using DSL Reports speed test.

I'm not totally sold on WM6 Standard (I came from a Treo) and the JOGGR is unusable for me but I really like the device.

Device(s)
    HTC S710, Palm 750v
    Feedback Score
    Keil,

I also hard resetted my device and had to change the language back to english from the regional settings.

Also, the zip files from the DopodAsia site will give you voice commander back (not sure if thats what you wanted). It also gives Dopod RSS, Info Feed, Cyberon TalkingDict. Just FYI.

This phone is great, but I'm still torn between this and my Vox S710. Wish this phone had a scroll wheel...

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Drunk...

You installed the software update from DopodAsia.com? Can you tell if it patched anything? Also, the voice command is still in Chinese in the update correct?

This phone is definitely more pocketable than the S710 IMHO.

Device(s)
    BB Bold 8900 (work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Get Rid of the Networks Startup Wizard

With a registry editor:

HKEY_Local_Machine\init\ and scroll down to Launch96 and change the value from nwstart.exe to the word null.

That did the trick for me. So far I have not had any other issues and have soft reset several times to try it out and it starts just fine with no hint of the Network Wizard.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkm3nky
    This phone is great, but I'm still torn between this and my Vox S710. Wish this phone had a scroll wheel...
    I would be curious to hear your thoughts on this compared to the Vox. I'm anxiously awaiting the CDMA version to drop for VZW and may finally move to one device depending on the keyboard.

Device(s)
    HTC S710, Palm 750v
    Feedback Score
    As far as I can tell, the software I updated on the Dopod didn't really patch anything. I still get the network error when I restart the device. It just gave me a couple of Dopod programs like I mentioned earlier.

The voice commander in the zip file is the Chinese version still.

Device(s)
    HTC S710, Palm 750v
    Feedback Score
    Keil,

So far my impressions of the Vox have been mixed. It's a great phone, but there are some shortcomings.

- Lack of 3g: Personally I use 3g connection half the time in an area with 3g, so the C730 for me is better for me while browsing the web, etc.

- Speed: The device can be sluggish at times, especially when you run a couple of apps. I try to close programs as often as I can, but the menu speed just isn't up to par with the C730.

- Keyboard: I think this is mostly a personal preference. The keyboard on the Vox is more spread out, which is easy to use with 2 thumbs. However, the tactile feedback isn't that great- the keypress is a bit shallow compared to the C730. However, the number pad is very nice and easy to use. Calling contacts is just as simple if not more than the C730.

- Battery life: Battery life on the Vox is better than the C730. This is a given. At the end of the day, I have about 60% left on the Vox compared to about 30% on the C730. I do about 40 or so emails, some SMS, web browsing w/ Wifi, and make about 10-20 calls in a day.

- Form factor: Both are very nice, but the Vox has the rubberized grip which gives it an upper hand- I wish they did this for the C730.

- RF and speakerphone: From my experience, the RF signal and voice quality was better on the C730. It was a bit louder and crisper on the C730, although the speakerphone was louder on the Vox.

- Build quality: Both are HTC, both are nice. One main gripe about the Vox is that the sliding mechanism isn't very tight, so tends to slide a bit from side to side (not fully open).

Not sure if I'm missing any points that you'd like me to compare about the two devices. Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    John,

I tried this registry edit but it won't allow the change. Is there something I need to do have access to change the registry? I am using Total Commander.

Device(s)
    Dopod C730 "Cavalier"
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hi Globecode,

The only registry editor I've had success at editing keys with is Resco Registry, which is bundled w/ Resco Explorer. There's a free 14-day trial here: http://www.resco.net/smartphone/explorer/

Hi John, thanks, I think I also ran across that spot in the registry for Netwiz abt the same time that you did.

It turns out that they were kind enough to provide a registry bit that you can flip & it stops the wizard from showing up at startup! Just go to HKCU\Software\Infinitiq\Netwiz and change NetNoSupport from 0 to 1. Viola!

• disable_netwiz.cab in the attached zip will do this. I also put in a couple more tweaks:
    • msvc_bt_button_fix.cab lets a bluetooth headset's button trigger MS Voice Command (makes the button work on my Moto H700, but it seems that the voice prompt audio still goes through the handset, not the headset...still trying to work on that)
    • glyphcache65535.cab - raises the glyph cache to 65535, which makes the whole unit a bit more responsive, such as when cursoring around & holding down a key to repeat - try it out!

Note - with my last batch of tweaks, after you pair your bluetooth GPS, you'll need to rename it to "BT GPS" (no quotes), sorry that I forgot to mention that before!

Again, all this stuff is built on the shoulders of others...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 ... LastLast