Thread: Job Simulation Test(Call Center): What's it like?

Phone
    Samsung A920
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Job Simulation Test(Call Center): What's it like?

I'm scheduled to go in for a Job Simulation at VZW next week and just curious what it's like and what I should expect. Thanks and I've hopeful that I'll be starting work at VZW shortly.
    Standard Disclaimer: Any and all opinions and views expressed in my posts are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the officially held opinions and views of Verizon Wireless.

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neilson
    I'm scheduled to go in for a Job Simulation at VZW next week and just curious what it's like and what I should expect. Thanks and I've hopeful that I'll be starting work at VZW shortly.
    Are you getting the test for a job in customer service in a call center? If so, and its something like I took, its sort of hands on, simulating order taking, credit cards being given to you and can you accurately type them on your computer. Speed and accuracy is what they are looking for. The second part of the test is asking you questions that are asking how you would handle situations, and if your job is more important than your hobbies and other things. Lastly they want to know if you'd sacrifice your kids to be able to work there. Its really not that bad of a test really.
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Phone
    Samsung A920
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Dodge19
    Are you getting the test for a job in customer service in a call center? If so, and its something like I took, its sort of hands on, simulating order taking, credit cards being given to you and can you accurately type them on your computer. Speed and accuracy is what they are looking for. The second part of the test is asking you questions that are asking how you would handle situations, and if your job is more important than your hobbies and other things. Lastly they want to know if you'd sacrifice your kids to be able to work there. Its really not that bad of a test really.
    Call Center, yes. So I figure that I can be fast and accurate but it never hurts to try and work on my WPS/NPS between now and next week. 2nd part should be fine since I can draw a lot of experience from prior work and the fact that I am a self-admitted(on here at least) cell phone geek means that my hobby does play a big part in knowledge toward the job.

I'm feeling very optimistic, this is a brand new call center and I'd be a part of the 1st "class" of employees if hired.

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Call Center, yes. So I figure that I can be fast and accurate but it never hurts to try and work on my WPS/NPS between now and next week. 2nd part should be fine since I can draw a lot of experience from prior work and the fact that I am a self-admitted(on here at least) cell phone geek means that my hobby does play a big part in knowledge toward the job.

I'm feeling very optimistic, this is a brand new call center and I'd be a part of the 1st "class" of employees if hired.
    Thats fantastic, I sure wish you the best. I am guessing you're going to be working at the new call center in Nebraska. Keep us posted how everything goes.

Phone
    Samsung A920
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thats fantastic, I sure wish you the best. I am guessing you're going to be working at the new call center in Nebraska. Keep us posted how everything goes.
    Nope, Alabama actually. Figure it'll be a great entry level job for a college grad.

Feedback Score
    Nice you get the handle the NE customers

Nope, Alabama actually. Figure it'll be a great entry level job for a college grad.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OP, it's not that hard. I work for an outsource vendor (Apac), and our test was the following: First is the order-taking simulation: You punch in the order information, the CC number, address and so on, if you do it correctly, you pass. Another part (because the center I worked for handled CC company customers before completely switching to VZW) is giving somebody information about their credit card, like the limit or current balance. The final part is like a Choose-Your-Ending adventure book: you're monitoring the call, you hear the customer, then the rep, then you choose the rep's answer to the call.

Quote Originally Posted by munchjr
    Nice you get the handle the NE customers
    Haha, yea, I hate taking NE calls. It's a pain, both policy and customer-wise. I haven't had one NE call go well. =X

Phone
    Samsung A920
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raduque
    OP, it's not that hard. I work for an outsource vendor (Apac), and our test was the following: First is the order-taking simulation: You punch in the order information, the CC number, address and so on, if you do it correctly, you pass. Another part (because the center I worked for handled CC company customers before completely switching to VZW) is giving somebody information about their credit card, like the limit or current balance. The final part is like a Choose-Your-Ending adventure book: you're monitoring the call, you hear the customer, then the rep, then you choose the rep's answer to the call.

Haha, yea, I hate taking NE calls. It's a pain, both policy and customer-wise. I haven't had one NE call go well. =X
    Sounds like it'll be pretty good then.

BTW, by NE do you mean Northeast or just New England?

Feedback Score
    Northeast....

Sounds like it'll be pretty good then.

BTW, by NE do you mean Northeast or just New England?

Phones
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Alias 2 (wife)
    Boulder (son)
    Carriers
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munchjr
    Northeast....
    Yea, you guys stole eastern PA and put them in NE area. They were generally nice people to talk to in the MW area. At least you guys inherited them recently.

Feedback Score
    Believe me the NY customers make up for them. Most of the time I simply just laugh at them

Yea, you guys stole eastern PA and put them in NE area. They were generally nice people to talk to in the MW area. At least you guys inherited them recently.

Phone
    Samsung A920
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    So why don't Southern call centers talk to Southern members and Northeast call centers talk to Northeastern members? Seems that it'd be in Verizon's best interest to keep things regional.

Feedback Score
    NE Area is getting so many new customers the cal volume is getting worse and worse hence the AL call center will be NE

So why don't Southern call centers talk to Southern members and Northeast call centers talk to Northeastern members? Seems that it'd be in Verizon's best interest to keep things regional.