Thread: ***HELP*** ---Excess SPC failure

Phone
    Lg Chocolate 8500
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score

***HELP*** ---Excess SPC failure

ok i was fooling around with my phone today with the spc menus even tho i dont have the code. I was bored and just pushed random numbers over and over for sumthing to do (i know its not smart) and then it said excess spc failiure and then it froze and when i took the battery out, and put it back in, it wouldnt turn back on. My battery was just fully charged too. But, when i pluged in the charger it turned back on and was perfectly normal. Why would it freeze then not turn back on until i plugged the charger in? PS----now it doesnt turn on without the charger, the charger has to be in for it to work? How can i fix this?????plz help
    Last edited by vaporsabres61; 06-21-2007 at 06:33 PM.
    Go Sabres

Feedback Score
    if it doesnt turn on, you probably have to send it out for repair
    cuz i cant see a way of reconfiguring anything, without it being able to be turned on

Phone
    Current: IPhone 4G 16GB Black, BlackBerry Curve 8520
    Carriers
    Currently use: Rogers.
    Feedback Score
    It would make sense that the software locks you out in some way if it detects an attempt to brute force discover a password.
    From what I am aware of on some GSM handsets if you try to unlock it to many times it locks the user out totally and the handset has to be sent back to the provider or OEM to be unlocked.
    I think you are going to have to send it off

Feedback Score
    Call customer service, tell them a friends kid got hold of it and punched in a bunch of numbers and now this is happening...perhaps there's a code that can be entered to revive it that way. Let them know you can get it to boot when plugged in. I would think as long as it comes on when plugged in there should be a way to revive it without sending it away but that's just a total guess on my part. Good luck getting it going...I guess you know not what to do in the future though.

Phone
    Lg Chocolate 8500
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks for all the suggestions. I just left it alone for 24 hours on the charger even though it was already charged and then didnt touch anything and now it takes a few tries to get it on but now it works. Thanks for all the comments. Yeah i did this on my old rogers gsm phone too and locked my sim card and had to get a new one! I should really stop messing around with my phones!