Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why companies chose/choose CDMA over GSM

Device(s)
    Samsung A540
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmmour
    What I said is what I've read as user feedback on many fora, that Telstra CDMA users have personally noticed a decrease in their CDMA coverage after NextG was launched! This means (explained in plain English): that the CDMA coverage for them is getting worse in places where THEY used to have good service! That's what I said! And I didn't notice any reply of yours on my sayings, rather you replied on something you thought I said!!! (usual practice)

Expected reply from you: Yes, but... (fill in with any irrelevant thing you want, that has nothing to do with my post and you have an expected reply)
    You would think that if there has been such a big CDMA coverage reduction --- that there would be a news report or two about it (especially when the "next g" coverage issue was so prominent in news report coverages).

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/...013041,00.html

Not a single news report coming out of Australia about this CDMA coverage reduction from WCDMA deployment.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    WIND GR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samab
    You would think that if there has been such a big CDMA coverage reduction --- that there would be a news report or two about it (especially when the "next g" coverage issue was so prominent in news report coverages.

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/...013041,00.html

Not a single news report coming out of Australia about this CDMA coverage reduction from WCDMA deployment.
    Thank you for the expected (irrelevant) answer. Once more you prove right, the last sentences of my previous post!

Did I ever talk about a news article? No! I talked about what I read in fora about CDMA coverage!

You still insist on the NextG coverage thing, although I said I agree that they have to do some work to make its coverage equal to the CDMA one! How many times do I have to say that I agree with you on that in order for you to stop grouching? I agree with you, on something you said as a reply to something I NEVER SAID! This means that I agreed with you on that in the first place and there was no need for you to present your news article as a contradictory reply to my post!

Now I don't see any real facts in your reply about wether individual Telstra CDMA users have noticed a decrease of coverage in the places where they live and work or not!

And please don't bother to provide me only with "news reports"! We live in the blog era, where plain people and not only journalists, can expose their opinions in online fora and blogs, that's what I said, that I got my info by spending some time to find user feedback instead of easily and conveniently searching only "the news" on that!

And if you want my opinion, it's completely normal and healthy for "the news" to exagerate and complain on anything new, this will make sure that the Telstra guys won't find rest until they do provide decent coverage on their new network!

EDIT: As a courtesy please read the answer by the user named "Charlie Dee" on the following link. This user notes that he has noticed that CDMA tower power is decreased and there are even towers where CDMA is completely removed and only WCDMA remains or there is even no WCDMA replacement for the discontinued tower (what I said)
    On the other hand, the same user sais that compared to CDMA, the new network is a lot worse in providing coverage and needs a lot of improvement (what you said, and I agreed)
    http://www.pcuser.com.au/pcuser/hs2....2572EF00356938
    In varietate concordia

Device(s)
    Samsung A540
    Feedback Score
    Did I ever talk about a news article? No! I talked about what I read in fora about CDMA coverage!

Now I don't see any real facts in your reply about wether individual Telstra CDMA users have noticed a decrease of coverage in the places where they live and work or not!

And please don't bother to provide me only with "news reports"! We live in the blog era, where plain people and not only journalists, can expose their opinions in online fora and blogs, that's what I said, that I got my info by spending some time to find user feedback instead of easily and conveniently searching only "the news" on that!
    Well, you got Australians living in the bushes --- all organized into well formed groups lobbying the government about their fear of loss of wireless coverage. You got Australian politicians and cabinet ministers trying to respond to their concerns.

We can see all that in news reports out of Australia. Those are the REAL facts.

If there was a major coverage problem (like iphone bringing down at&t's edge network last week) in the US, then you would see the "news" first reported in places like hofo. Then the newspaper reporters and journalists (like sasha from pc mag) who frequent hofo would try to find out whether those hofo threads are true or not. If they turn out to be true, you would read it in major newspapers.

All you gave us is your take of what you read in some forums about some CDMA coverage loss from WCDMA deployment. If Telstra's CDMA coverage has been compromised in the bushes --- farmers would be talking to newspaper reporters, politicians from opposition parties would be talking about how ineffective the cabinet ministers in the governing party are...

I know the power of blogs and internet forums --- I also know that a lot of newspaper reporters have come to hofo for their research.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    WIND GR
    Feedback Score
    Dear G-d in heaven!

I said I agree that people are losing their coverage and that NextG doesn't give them a decent alternative! How many times do I have to say that I agree in that and there is no need for you to keep telling me about that?

Now, please tell me why you're persuaded that in the same time Telstra is NOT reducing CDMA power thus limiting coverage, in order to persuade people to move to NextG in an unfair way? Please give me an answer to that!!!! NOTHING ELSE, JUST TO THAT:

DO YOU AGREE OR NOT THAT TELSTRA IS TRYING TO MOVE PEOPLE TO NEXTG BY REDUCING COVERAGE IN CDMA?
    IF YOU DO NOT AGREE THAT TELSTRA IS DOING THIS UNFAIR THING, THEN EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DO YOU DON'T BELIEVE PLAIN AUSTRALIAN PEOPLE WHO LOST COVERAGE IN THEIR HOMES, AND WHY YOU THINK TELSTRA IS SUCH A GOOD BUSINESS THAT DOESN'T TRY TO PUSH THEM BY REDUCING COVERAGE?

Device(s)
    Samsung A540
    Feedback Score
    Now, please tell me why you're persuaded that in the same time Telstra is NOT reducing CDMA power thus limiting coverage, in order to persuade people to move to NextG in an unfair way? Please give me an answer to that!!!!
    I am not persuaded easily by some teenager posting their "opinions" as "facts" on some internet forum.

Hofo'ers find out "news" first on hofo, but we also get confirmation about these news from 2nd, 3rd, 4th sources. We get confirmations from newspaper reporters who are on the ground, we get confirmations from reporters who managed to get quotes from the carriers,....

Don't you think that Telstra's competitors would not be bad-mouthing Telstra right now about the CDMA coverage loss if it has already happened in real life?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    WIND GR
    Feedback Score
    OK, Mr. validity guy! I quit!

Do whatever you want! Believe whatever you want! If you love Telstra, love them! If you have doubts on why competitors don't bad-mouth them on their unfair tactics, have them!

I don't care any more! You have this "I know everything", "My way of thinking is better in everything" way of acting that is plain annoying and not worth dealing with!

I really wonder how your 2nd, 3rd, 4th (and even 5th) level of sources still bear your attitude!

Device(s)
    Samsung A540
    Feedback Score
    OK, Mr. validity guy! I quit!

Do whatever you want! Believe whatever you want! If you love Telstra, love them! If you have doubts on why competitors don't bad-mouth them on their unfair tactics, have them!

I don't care any more! You have this "I know everything", "My way of thinking is better in everything" way of acting that is plain annoying and not worth dealing with!
    Those are valid questions.

Why aren't any newspaper reporters writing news reports about your so-called CDMA coverage reduction? Why aren't competitors bad-mouthing Telstra? Why aren't opposition parties bad-mouthing the cabinet minister in charge of Telstra's rural CDMA coverage?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    WIND GR
    Feedback Score
    Those are valid questions.

Why aren't any newspaper reporters writing news reports about your so-called CDMA coverage reduction? Why aren't competitors bad-mouthing Telstra? Why aren't opposition parties bad-mouthing the cabinet minister in charge of Telstra's rural CDMA coverage?
    Blah blah blah

Device(s)
    Samsung A540
    Feedback Score
    Blah blah blah
    All you do is make yourself look small and petty.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    WIND GR
    Feedback Score
    I like it that for the first time you responded in that way! Please continue! Bad day? Won't give up?

Device(s)
    Samsung A540
    Feedback Score
    I like it that for the first time you responded in that way! Please continue! Bad day? Won't give up?
    Do you know why?

Because I have never drawn the first blood in any of the hofo debates that I have been participated.

How many times have you attacked me personally before I even strayed off-topic?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82
    Carrier(s)
    WIND GR
    Feedback Score
    Do you know why?

Because I have never drawn the first blood in any of the hofo debates that I have been participated.

How many times have you attacked me personally before I even strayed off-topic?
    That's a good one, but no I don't want to continue arguing on that... We're way off-topic and flaming!
    Have a good day! (And I mean it! Let's stop arguing about this nonsense and have a good day!)
    Last edited by gmmour; 07-18-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe I asked a question 2 pages ago... was the motivation behind the Chinese CDMA launch really "We have no 3G licenses so we'll set up the fastest 2G data network we can" or was there something else behind it?

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't see a post that mentions the economic incentive. A CDMA system has about 30% more capacity for the same dollars in spectrum and towers. Qualcomm wants a stiff price for their intellectual property but it's affordable - given the increase in capacity.

A CDMA system also has a soft failure when capacity is reached ... the first caller beyond capacity in a GSM or TDMA system causes the weakest mobile phone to be dropped. In the same situation, the CDMA system adds "artifacts" (noise) and no mobile is dropped until you are well beyond nominal "capacity."

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've ran into a few papers that state CDMA capacity, is just slightly more than GSM now with AMR, and supposedly could be higher, depending on air interface configuration. Also initial CDMA capacity wasn't as much as it was hyped up to be initially.

http://www.rysavy.com/Articles/GSM_v...city_71802.pdf

http://www.3gamericas.org/PDFs/Webcast/PeterRysavy.pdf

Accuracy questionable of coarse

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast