Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Why companies chose/choose CDMA over GSM

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So how exactly does Japan do it without all the shops going out of business?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nakey
    Nope. you're not the only one.

Or, like down here, you'll have phone shops going out of business....

No one down here offers the N95 for free. even some of the midrange handsets arent' subsidised.

as an example, Telstra shops and Fone Zone used to sell the imate Jasjam. that's a 1299 phone, completely subsidised on an $80 plan. fairly similar with SE K800s and v6s (both 729 outright or fully subsided under a $60 plan)...

Only reason Telstra still does it (and as a last resort, cause they're currently offering it on a $55 repayment option on top of a $150 plan) is because it's the one that runs the network, not just the shops. And they're big enough to do that. fone zone almost went out of business...
    The Phone shops don't subsidize it the Phone Company does. If I buy a $299 Samsung BlackJack from a store and sign up with a two year contract at&t reimbursts the store the $200 plus a commision for signing a new contract. The stores do better with higher subsidies.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K800i
    Carrier(s)
    Telstra
    Feedback Score
    that's not how it works down here

the stores get paid more bt the phone company if they pay off the phone on a repayment option (ie: that 150+55) rather than subsidised (that 80 plan)

fone zone would have gotten 100 per subsidised plan, or 150 per member plan + 50% of repayment

Fairly similar with Optus Dealers and vodafone dealers. Three Dealers get squat all difference because most of their stuff is replayments

Feedback Score
    Same question I was having, as I read all the content posted here, I got to know many thing about the question that I had. Good informative content!

Feedback Score
    Edward please go to hell. I was reading the thread all the way until somebody said "australia is closing cdma in 2008" Im like what? Stop,reviving old threads please.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7