Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low Voice Volume on Phone calls on iphones

Phone
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score

Low Voice Volume on Phone calls on iphones

I found the Iphone's Voice Volume to be extremely low. Has anyone experienced this problem. My friend who also brought the same iphone has the same issues. The voice volume is turned up all the way and it's still difficult to hear people on the other line.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Otherwise, the phone is awesome.....however I must get this voice volume fixed or it's going to be a very experience Ipod/Internet Device for me.

Feedback Score

low volume on iphone

it is quite low and hope apple can fix it some how...difficult to hear when i'm walking in nyc

Feedback Score
    i cant hardly hear on mine either.. When I play a song under the ipod the speaker is very loud but when I receive a call i can barely hear the person. I have the volume turned to max but it is still not better. If it was the same as the mp3 that would be nice. Ant Tips?

Feedback Score
    I agree. Much too low. Can firmware fix this?

Phones
    iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2)
    Motorola V400 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You might want to try putting it on speaker when it starts dialing or using the included ear buds. That's what I'm doing when I make/receive phone calls.

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    maybe I'm unique, but mine is very loud. It is so loud that I can put it down on a table and i can still hear it, almost as if it was on speakerphone.

Phones
    iPhone 3gs white
    iPhone 3g white
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My volume is great. As a test, just to see if its me or not, could you call washington mutual and listen to the recorded voice. 800-788-7000 to me it is almost too loud when the phone is turned all the way up. and like the other poster i can easily hear it through the earpiece when the phone is on the table. Let me know what you think?
    Life is what happens in between cell phone upgrades...

Phones
    iPhone 16GB Black 3G
    iPhone 4 32GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carriers
    ATTWS GSM
    Feedback Score
    Me too, it's really low. Hope Apple addresses and fix it with a an update.
    2004, 2007 WS CHAMPS!!!!
    NE PATS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!
    CELTICS 2008
    "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers"

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I am VERY picky about my earpiece volume and I find it plenty loud enough. I did just get the iphone last night so Ive only made 1 or 2 calls but all it takes is one usually. I was nice enough to call my buddy from the demo phone in the Apple store and with all the noise and chaos I could hear just fine. No its not super loud but I can hear good.
    “I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Phones
    iphone 32g 3GS
    iphone 3g
    iphone originals
    Carrier
    cingular the new at&t
    Feedback Score

volume

Take the plastic cover off the front it blocks the ear hole cover. I had the same problem I couldn't hear either ......I agree they still need to increase the volume with an upgrade

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    You people aren't leaving the plastic on and trying to use the phone are you? If you are no wonder you cant hear lol.

Phones
    Droid Razr Maxx, iPhone 4s
    Droid Razr Maxx, iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Verizon|AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drmrw
    My volume is great. As a test, just to see if its me or not, could you call washington mutual and listen to the recorded voice. 800-788-7000 to me it is almost too loud when the phone is turned all the way up. and like the other poster i can easily hear it through the earpiece when the phone is on the table. Let me know what you think?
    Tried this and I can still it well enough from 3 feet away to understand what is being said, but i did talk to someone yesterday and had a hard time hearing him, but he's a bit of a low talker.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Solavei
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sometimes that depends on who you're talking to. Whenever I talk to someone using a Verizon Wireless or Sprint phone, they come in much softer as if they were using a T-mobile or AT&T phone. It doesn't matter which phone I use.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    Sometimes that depends on who you're talking to. Whenever I talk to someone using a Verizon Wireless or Sprint phone, they come in much softer as if they were using a T-mobile or AT&T phone. It doesn't matter which phone I use.
    that has definitely been my experience too. talking to a VZW person is much quieter than talking to an AT&T person. I made a test call using the iPhone out on the floorroom to my girlfriend, who uses VZW, and even with a lot of background noise going on (people doing backflips over iPhone), the earpiece volume seemed fine to me. Not exceptionally loud, but it does the job.

Phones
    iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.2)
    Motorola V400 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksrt4guy
    You people aren't leaving the plastic on and trying to use the phone are you? If you are no wonder you cant hear lol.
    I did until today. When I finally cut off a portion that covered the ear piece, I was finally able to hear without using the speaker phone. D'oh!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast