Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My browser has been getting the white screen recently help please?

Feedback Score

My browser has been getting the white screen recently help please?

it was fine but ive been getting the white screen EVERYTIME now even the home page
    its not it happens sometimes its all the time the browser is basically un-usable
    i know there some reset that can be done or sumthin any1 wanna share it?
    thanx

Feedback Score
    http://forum.heliocity.net/index.php?topic=110.0

explains what is going on and how to fix it

Phones
    iPhone 2G Unlocked/Jailbroken 3.0
    Sprint PHS300 Pocket 3G Router
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Or here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=19

These were the steps I took to fix the problem as directed to me by a customer service rep.

Open the browser
    Hit Menu
    Arrow right to Search
    Arrow up or press 8 for Settings
    Delete Cookies
    Empty Cache
    Clear History
    Uncheck Auto-Complete
    Click Save and Restart the phone

Phones
    PN-810 (Ocean)
    SPH-A523 (Mysto)
    SPH-A513 (Fin)
    Carrier
    Helio
    Feedback Score
    If clearing the cache doesn't work like it didn't for me (it would just freeze the phone), then a Hard Reset it shall be

Phone
    Samsung Instinct
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yeah have fun with that Hard Reset---happened to me twice in less than five days---make sure BEFORE you reset that you sync your contacts, save any pix to mem card or PC as well as any important info you have on there---EVERYTHING gets deleted with the Hard Reset. You'll have to call Helio and have them walk you through the reset process.

Phone
    Helio Ocean
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Browser is still useable after "white screen of death"

I have been getting the Helio Ocean browser's "white screen of death" too and exhausted all "soft" attempts to clear up the problem. After following the suggestions on howardforums and calling Helio CS, basically I am at the point of needing a hard reset.

Or do I?

Because there are some items that I can't get off my Ocean, I would prefer not to reset it. Voice memos and calendar events can't be synced yet with my PC -- oversights that must be corrected in a future Helio update if they know what's good for keeping and getting more customers. But that's another story.

Contrary to first appearances, the browser may still be rather functional. When you get the white screen, press the Go button, then type in a URL, such as google (the Ocean will supply the "http://www." in front and the ".com" on the end, press Done and then Okay. You should see google's mobile interface come up from which you can initiate searches. IMHO, Google provides better search results than the Ocean's Yahoo default search engine anyway. You can bookmark and jump to bookmarks, all the while leaving Helio's webpages alone with their silly DTD errors. (Some other webpages may also not work -- hard to say yet if I care about those.)

Now if you feel compelled to pay $$ to download ringtones, games and music videos or if there are other webpages that come up blank that you desperately need, then I guess you may have to indeed do the hard reset or wait for some over-the-air upgrade that fixes the problem.

Feedback Score

thank yoou!!

it works! well anyways ..thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Laci Mini
    Or here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...3&postcount=19

These were the steps I took to fix the problem as directed to me by a customer service rep.

Open the browser
    Hit Menu
    Arrow right to Search
    Arrow up or press 8 for Settings
    Delete Cookies
    Empty Cache
    Clear History
    Uncheck Auto-Complete
    Click Save and Restart the phone

Feedback Score
    iphone's firmware has been updated..twice.. what's helio doing?

Feedback Score
    Thanks. The cache and cookies clear fixed me all up.

Quote Originally Posted by justin_b
    If clearing the cache doesn't work like it didn't for me (it would just freeze the phone), then a Hard Reset it shall be

My phone froze up too for about 30 seconds then it flashed and went back to the main screen. Then all was good.
    HDTV game database and discussion
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

Phones
    Helio Ocean
    Moto Razr
    Kyocera SmartPhone
    Carriers
    Helio
    Sprint & VoiceStream/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Get Opera Mini

I got it a couple times and had to do a hard reset....I also fixed it once on my own...Not sure what I did exactly....But Now I use Opera Mini...No more white screen of death for me!

If you want it click the link below curt. or HelioCity.Net

http://www.heliocity.net/2007/opera-...stom-apps-yay/

Phone
    Helio Ocean
    Feedback Score

White Screen Gone.. but so are apps

I was experiencing the white screen for about a week so i decided to call in to have it fixed. after about an hour of working to fix the white screen it was all better. But after their repair process i later noticed it deleted all my applications and games and wont let me make a new folder in either apps or games. I can go to the browser and download them everytime but this is getting very old, and i cant buy anything because it will disappear as soon as it closes. Helio =(

anybody has solutions email me or something please

Phones
    Helio Ocean
    Sanyo Katana
    Carriers
    Helio
    Feedback Score
    I had the white screen problem a couple of days ago. In this case, I didn't want to call Helio to have it reset, so I did the following, and it worked like a charm:

1. Go to Surf
    2. Click Menu, go to the magnifying glass, then Settings
    3. In here, click the Empty button next to Cache

At step 3, the phone will appear to lock up, and then spit you out to the main screen. Simply repeat steps 1 through 3 as many times as needed until the lock-up no longer occurs and you get the "Cache emptied" message. This took me about 10 times, and then the browser functioned perfectly.

Helio has also confirmed that having the "Auto-Complete" function enabled can make the problem worse. So, make sure you disable it.

Phone
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier
    ATT (personal/outside work)
    Feedback Score
    I haven't seen the white screen problem very often over here by me, however when we do get them. We just do a soft restart.

1) take the battery out for aminute
    2) go re-enter the MDN and MSID x3

that fixes the problem that customers come with for the white screen.

Phones
    Helio Ocean
    Helio Mysto
    Helio Heat
    Carrier
    Helio
    Feedback Score
    I can't say enough about Helio. I love my Ocean. It's the best device I’ve ever had. I called several dealers and got pretty good prices. Then I got a price from http://Helio.authorizedmerchants.com. They gave me a special code and had me call the same dealer I had already spoke to. They sold me my Ocean for $60 less then they originally quoted me. Thanks Authorized Merchants

Phones
    Helio Mysto
    Helio Ocean
    Helio Fin
    Carrier
    Helio
    Feedback Score
    Nobody likes a spammer. *glares at kathrynpolk*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast