Thread: Verizon is unable to authenticate my phone

Phones
    Motorola E815 #2
    LG Venus (VX8800)
    Motorola E815 #1 (Best Phone I Ever Used)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Verizon is unable to authenticate my phone

I tried the Motorola E815 upgrade to Bell and got to the ampd part and it wouldnt upgrade to bell, so I went back to Verizon's firmware. When I try to make a call i get a "Verizon is unable to authenticate your phone" message. I've tried to do *228 with option 1 and it doesnt do anything. I've tried to reactivate it on verizon's site but it doesnt work. Are there any ideas that I can do here. I dont want to exactly tell verizon that i was messing with the firmware. So if there is anything I can do at home id appreciate it. Thanks!

Phones
    Motorola E815 #2
    LG Venus (VX8800)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I called verizon and fixed the problem, im sticking to my current firmware for now.

Phones
    aPhone
    MoTel KRZR K1m
    Carrier
    CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I've had that problem when the programming gets messed up. Usually *228, option 1(program the phone+update prl), fixes the problem. Sounds like you didn't backup and restore the nam information when flashing.

Phones
    Motorola E815 #2
    LG Venus (VX8800)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well when I called they gave me a new akey and they said that it could happen to anyone. Now my PIX\Flix messages wont work. I cannot send or receive or go on getitnow if anyone knows how to fix this, id gladly appreciate it. Luckily i get a new phone in 3 months if this cannot be fixed and verizon figures out i did something.

I did not backup the nam info, i didnt know you had too.

So, if the pix msg problem is something that i can fix, please tell me how to fix it.

Thanks!
    Matt

Feedback Score
    I just flashed my e816 to alltel and am getting the same error. I called CS to try to get a new AKEY and the c*nt said she was unable to give me a new akey b/c its not a verizon phone. Are they blocking e816s entirely now? Any other options?