Phones
    Note2!
    Samsung Note 2 (Verizon)
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 (AT&T)
    Carriers
    Verizon (Airtouch Cellular)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down E815 Bootloader mode

Ok not my fault. I shut my phone down because it was driving me nuts going in and out of service. So I get down the hill and power it up and itís in Bootloader mode. So I take it to Verizon and according to them the donít have them any more .. So they tell me I'm screwed. So I thought that I will try and flash my phone before I call the insurance.

So my phone flashes no problem. But it still starts up in bootloader mode. Any one have any suggestions on how to get it out of this mode.
    IN an electronic coma.
    [

Phones
    EnV2
    Motorola V3m 1.19.07 (damn FRU)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless (At Least The Reception is Good)
    Feedback Score
    usually just holding end will do it. if u use multiflashflex to flash it will eventually restart the phone and it will most likely say charging. do u start it up while its connected still or what. describe your entire situation im sure theres something wrong with it not your phone.

OT: why not just trade up for a v3m? VIVO flashes are easy and ive only had a problem with not being to download MMS and occassionally the GIN catalog. But those are fixable with another flash i believe.

Phones
    K1m (Telus Flash)
    e815 (Bell Flash)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlugPoP
    Ok not my fault. I shut my phone down because it was driving me nuts going in and out of service. So I get down the hill and power it up and itís in Bootloader mode. So I take it to Verizon and according to them the donít have them any more .. So they tell me I'm screwed. So I thought that I will try and flash my phone before I call the insurance.

So my phone flashes no problem. But it still starts up in bootloader mode. Any one have any suggestions on how to get it out of this mode.

This seems to be a common issue with phone. I have had the problem serveral times, I have also read that others have had this problem.

One person sugested wacking the phone on a table a couple of times. This did in fact work for me once.

But in the interest of finding a real reason, i narrowed the problem down either an issue with the keypad, or the data/charger connector.

Usually if i turn the phone off, run my thumb around on the bottom of the key pad and turn it back on it works.

Sorry i could't be of more help.

Phones
    Note2!
    Samsung Note 2 (Verizon)
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    The phone is in bootloader mode I connect it to my laptop and it finds the drivers right away. Just for the heck of it I tried to flash it with an Alltel flash for the e815. It goes and counts up to 100% it goes through all the final steps and even says its sucessfull ,powering down and when it "reboots" it goes right back into bootloader mode.

I tried to bang it on my desk. I guess this thing is toast.

What will the insurance give me for a replacement?

Phones
    K1m (Telus Flash)
    e815 (Bell Flash)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlugPoP
    The phone is in bootloader mode I connect it to my laptop and it finds the drivers right away. Just for the heck of it I tried to flash it with an Alltel flash for the e815. It goes and counts up to 100% it goes through all the final steps and even says its sucessfull ,powering down and when it "reboots" it goes right back into bootloader mode.

I tried to bang it on my desk. I guess this thing is toast.

What will the insurance give me for a replacement?
    Did you try smacking it on a table or depressing the # /+ / 0 button with it off?

Phones
    HTC Hero
    HTC Hero
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huber@jhuber.co
    Did you try smacking it on a table or depressing the # /+ / 0 button with it off?
    What is supposed to happen when pressing "# + 0"?

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you press # and * simultaneously while powering on the phone it forces it into Bootloader USB Init mode for flashing.

That's all it does, it won't help you with the testmode issue unless you were going to flash it and it didn't go into Bootloader normally when connected to the PC and the flash interface was initialized.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Phones
    Note2!
    Samsung Note 2 (Verizon)
    Carriers
    Feedback Score
    I've tried it all. Its done. Thanks for the help. I'm going to look on ebay for a refurb.