Thread: Youtube on the Iphone..are your videos blurry or clear?

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Youtube on the Iphone..are your videos blurry or clear?

Hey guys! well i just wanted to see from yall what yall see when yall watch a video on youtube. I know when I first got my phone, the videos I would look at on youtube were BLURRY. The next day after having my phone I went back and watched the same video and it was clear as day! now, a week later I have tried the same video ever since and I have not seen it clear since that day. I was wondering if yall have seen this? or if yalls videos are clear all the time? or if they are blurry all the time? and what is normal..... Any info would be great!

Thanks.

Phones
    iPhone
    Samsung i730
    i730
    Carriers
    ATT
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Edge is slow so the video will be blurry a little if you go on WiFi it will be clear couse its faster. Test it out you might of been on WiFi when the video was clear..

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thats exactaly it! thanks so much!

Phone
    iPhone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It appears that Apple actually did a great job with the YouTube application. Normally EDGE speed would not allow you to stream a YouTube video without waiting about 5 minutes for it to buffer. So instead of that, the application appears to adjust the quality depending on your connection speed. So whether you are on EDGE or using Wi-Fi, you will still be able to watch videos and not have to wait forever for it to buffer. It will simply not be as good quality, but certainly will be watchable.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When you're on the EDGE network, the videos are lower quality.....when on Wi-Fi, they're much better. At least, that's my observation.

The lower quality is probably so they stream faster when on EDGE.

DW

Phones
    iPhone
    Samsung i730
    i730
    Carriers
    ATT
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Your welcome glad to shine some light on this..

Phones
    iPhone
    Blackjack
    SYNC
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Say they put 3G on the iPhone. Do you think the videos will be clearer while not connect to wifi?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chtrho51
    Say they put 3G on the iPhone. Do you think the videos will be clearer while not connect to wifi?
    As long as you have 3 or 4 bars, yeah. But like EDGE it will probably slow way down with poor reception.

Phones
    iPhone
    Samsung i730
    i730
    Carriers
    ATT
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    a little clearer then edge but will buffer alot more well thats what happen to my samsung i730 watching slingbox of it with EVDO its clear but not super clear and it buffers alot then with WiFi lot faster and clearer WiFi is much faster then 3G less bottleneck with WiFi thats what my experance with it watching slingbox at work all day..

Feedback Score
    Very blurry on EDGE, even with 4 bars. Crystal clear on Wi-Fi. I watched about ten vids last night on the couch using my home Wi-Fi. That screen is just awesome.