Thread: Default voice mail password?

Device(s)
    Treo 755p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score

Angry Default voice mail password?

Grrrr. I went to set up the voice mail on my new LG phone, following the directions on the website, and it rejected the 9999 initial password. So I submitted a case to tech support via the website, and nothing happened for 4 days. So I called tech support, they escalated the case, and responded that they had reset the voice mail box. Guess what? 9999 doesn't work, not does 1111, 0000, 1234, the last 4 digits of my phone number, or blank. Any good ideas for other numbers to try while I'm waiting for tech support to ignore the new case I submitted?

Device(s)
    C-139 Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you try pushing * and then the code?

Device(s)
    LG, ZTE
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil / Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If the underlying carrier is Verizon (assuming your LG is a CDMA phone) and you received a new phone number, when you call voicemail the first time from the phone (*86), it will prompt you to set it up, during this process, you will be prompted to key in a password.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.

Device(s)
    Treo 755p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Yah, I hit * (otherwise I don't get a password prompt), the underlying carrier is US Cellular, and I didn't get prompted to set it up either the first time I called or after Tracfone supposedly did a voice mail reset.

Device(s)
    Treo 755p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Finally figured it out, no thanks to Tracfone, who twice reset my voice mail and then referred me to their online instructions.

Problem being, their online instructions aren't quite right. They're right for a phone activated on U.S. Cellular as the underlying carrier with a Chicago area zip code, but they're not right for a phone activated on U.S. Cellular as the underlying carrier with a Maine zip code. Once I figured that out, it was easy as 1-2-3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEBSmith View Post
    Finally figured it out, no thanks to Tracfone, who twice reset my voice mail and then referred me to their online instructions.

Problem being, their online instructions aren't quite right. They're right for a phone activated on U.S. Cellular as the underlying carrier with a Chicago area zip code, but they're not right for a phone activated on U.S. Cellular as the underlying carrier with a Maine zip code. Once I figured that out, it was easy as 1-2-3.
    So what was the default password????
    OBIHAI 200 Oct 2015 Replaced NetTalk
    Alcatel A383G Jul 2015 To Jan 2016 Replaced A382G
    Alcatel A382G Apr 2014 To Jul 2015
    Kyocera Hydro Mar 2014 Ring+ 2016
    Google Voice Feb 2014 Ported TF (AT&T) # to GV
    Azpen A700 Nov 2013 7" Android tablet for GV/Talkatone
    LG 840G Sep 2013 Replaced C155
    NetTalk DUO Oct 2010 To Oct 2015 Replaced Verizon Land Line
    Verizon Land Line Oct 2010 Dropped & Ported # to TF
    Motorola V176 Jan 2008 To Apr 2014
    Motorola C155 Apr 2007 To Sep 2013 My first cell phone

Device(s)
    LG L41C
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TJN View Post
    So what was the default password????
    That post is over 8 years old.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That post is over 8 years old.
    Yes, I know. But I always check previous posts first before I rush in and create a new topic.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TJN View Post
    Yes, I know. But I always check previous posts first before I rush in and create a new topic.
    Yes, but you asked the last poster (2007) a question they will never see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, but you asked the last poster (2007) a question they will never see.
    Do subscriptions expire? If someone reply's to one of my old posts, I get an email stating it, so I check it.

Also, it does not have to be the author who responses with the answer to my question. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

Anyway, thank you for your response and letting me know about the 7 year post. But I did know it.

Feedback Score
    The problem with resurrecting threads older than say 6 months or a year, is that most of the previous historical information is likely now irrelevant, inaccurate, misleading to people learning about this stuff.

In this case much better to simply start a new thread giving the background of your situation and asking a question.

Feedback Score
    And while they may not expire you can turn off the subscription yourself. In the app it's just a matter of d selecting the star on the top right, on the web I believe it's something like thread options in a little drop down menu.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    The problem with resurrecting threads older than say 6 months or a year, is that most of the previous historical information is likely now irrelevant, inaccurate, misleading to people learning about this stuff.
    Very true in this example. That old post refers to situations that don't exist anymore.