Phones
    Treo 755p
    Ex-Amp'd Fire Razr V3mm
    Nokia 2126i, Moto W370, LG 3280
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score

Angry Default voice mail password?

Grrrr. I went to set up the voice mail on my new LG phone, following the directions on the website, and it rejected the 9999 initial password. So I submitted a case to tech support via the website, and nothing happened for 4 days. So I called tech support, they escalated the case, and responded that they had reset the voice mail box. Guess what? 9999 doesn't work, not does 1111, 0000, 1234, the last 4 digits of my phone number, or blank. Any good ideas for other numbers to try while I'm waiting for tech support to ignore the new case I submitted?

Phones
    C-139 Motorola
    2126i Tracfone
    W370 Motorola
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you try pushing * and then the code?

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If the underlying carrier is Verizon (assuming your LG is a CDMA phone) and you received a new phone number, when you call voicemail the first time from the phone (*86), it will prompt you to set it up, during this process, you will be prompted to key in a password.
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Phones
    Treo 755p
    Ex-Amp'd Fire Razr V3mm
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Yah, I hit * (otherwise I don't get a password prompt), the underlying carrier is US Cellular, and I didn't get prompted to set it up either the first time I called or after Tracfone supposedly did a voice mail reset.

Phones
    Treo 755p
    Ex-Amp'd Fire Razr V3mm
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Finally figured it out, no thanks to Tracfone, who twice reset my voice mail and then referred me to their online instructions.

Problem being, their online instructions aren't quite right. They're right for a phone activated on U.S. Cellular as the underlying carrier with a Chicago area zip code, but they're not right for a phone activated on U.S. Cellular as the underlying carrier with a Maine zip code. Once I figured that out, it was easy as 1-2-3.