Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Unlock for AT&T Phones

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got my code right from the person on the phone. I wrote it down and it worked. My W810i is now unlocked. She asked where I was going that I needed the unlock code and all I said was overseas. That was it.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kpne1home
    I got my code right from the person on the phone. I wrote it down and it worked. My W810i is now unlocked. She asked where I was going that I needed the unlock code and all I said was overseas. That was it.

Exactly, the rep didn't ask me ' when, why, where.... ' All he did was look up my IMEI and put in the request... I *politely* asked him if the process could be rushed and he said he'll add that to the note..

Sure enough, I got the notification within 3 hrs.. as a txt msg and also on my email addy [ that I gave the rep when he asked me how would I like to be notified ]

The process couldn't have been any easier!

Huge thanks to Nick!

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    huh... although unlocking my blackjack is useless to me... I may have to break down and do this just incase AT&T make me scream at them again. I really like our blackjacks and we have Cincinnati Bell here that has their own network locally, but use AT&T for traveling. No contracts either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henrybears
    how do you guys get it in 2 minutes, they require so much information from you!

Like what? They didn't ask me anything, I told them I'd like the subsidy unlock code so I can use a prepaid sim on my upcoming Europe trip, and they gave it to me.

Feedback Score
    They said they need me to be on the account for 90 days. The previous CR must have left some notes on my account when I asked for it the last time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora-Project
    Like what? They didn't ask me anything, I told them I'd like the subsidy unlock code so I can use a prepaid sim on my upcoming Europe trip, and they gave it to me.
    They asked me for all my account information, it was ridiculous, I gave up in the end because it was so tedious.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4, iP5S, GS4...
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ajneo
    They said they need me to be on the account for 90 days. The previous CR must have left some notes on my account when I asked for it the last time.
    wow.. that's rediculous! I've only been with AT&T for a month and the rep made no fuss about the 90 day crap!
    My World Phone dot com is a VERY SHADY seller. Click here for details

My Toys: '10 M5 : '12 Blown LS7 : iP5S : GS4 : Nexus N4 : N95-4 : E71-2 [Sold]

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

If at first you don't succeed....hang up and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by henrybears
    They asked me for all my account information, it was ridiculous, I gave up in the end because it was so tedious.
    They're obviously going to ask you to verify all the account information, that's protocol. I suggest you call back and get a different CSR. It's luck of the draw with those guys. As you can read, others under 90 days weren't even questioned.
    Nick
    a proud geek

Carrier(s)
    T-Springularizon
    Feedback Score
    Worked great! I had my iPhone unlocked in 15 minutes!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've heard the 90 day thing before, I've been with them for years though, maybe that's why they didn't ask me anything.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Thanks to this post, I called the number and got the unlock code for my w600i phone over the phone. The CSR didn't have the steps to unlock it tho'. Can anyone help me figure out the steps to unlocking it? The CSR did say I might need to enter a non-AT&T sim card to unlock the phone, but didn't have the steps.

Thanks for any help,
    -Topper

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul
    wow.. that's rediculous! I've only been with AT&T for a month and the rep made no fuss about the 90 day crap!
    There is a rule that says you should be a customer for at least 90 days before you can get an unlock code. However, some reps follow the rules, some others don't.

By the way, there's no need to call the International Dept. number. Regular customer care also handles phone unlocking requests. The purpose of the 916 number is so you can call it from outside the US because the 800 numbers and 611 don't work when you're outside the US.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    By the way, there's no need to call the International Dept. number. Regular customer care also handles phone unlocking requests. The purpose of the 916 number is so you can call it from outside the US because the 800 numbers and 611 don't work when you're outside the US.

Yup, I just called 611.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Put in two requests for my Nokia E62 and my 6126. 6126 came back within less than 24 hours, but when I put the code in it came back with code error. Called again, and the cute girl who answered resubmitted it for me. We'll see if it solves the problem.

Pritesh

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cve
    Worked great! I had my iPhone unlocked in 15 minutes!
    DO they really unlock iPhone's as well? I'm a AT&T customer as well and I'd be willing to pick up another iPhone tomorrow if I can call in and get it unlocked. Also does it unlock the browser settings on the iPhone?

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast